Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

C.Sanctuary Killerzon offers?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by LoneBarb, Oct 15, 2006.

1. LoneBarb

LoneBarb IncGamers Member

C.Sanctuary Killerzon offers?

Yesterday i started planning an Amazon untwinked and able to reach 99lvl. What guys do you think will be the best amazon build. She must be able to wreck havoc in the Chaos Sanctuary, because lvls after 94 are easiest to get there. Here i'll describe how the skills worked in the sanctuary in my yesterday tests

1.Lightning Fury - It kills faster than anything even with a cracked javelin. The cons are that it's very mana-intensive (u just CANT leech it in hell) and Storm Casters are Lightning Immunes.

2.Strafe - with GOOD bow and lots of pierce this skill can beat LF in damage
    output, but u must stay at one place when firing. Also there's no monster in CS with phys. resist above 50% (still bosses can be imune...) And... as I said i'll play untwinked and I am not sure how effective will it be.

3.Freezing Arrow - Mana intensive, but has good damage, and no delay.Plus it freezes LaWL! The bad thing is that Oblivion Knights are immunes.

4. Multishot - its basically same as strafe but u can run It's , however, mana costly and loses effectiveness in narrow places. And u need uberstrong bow for it to be effective.

5.Lightning Strike - I don't realy know why but it sucks compared to LF. Even if it does two times more damage

6.Charged strike - It's Diablokiller, but can't do with the monsters.

7.Immolation Arrow - It's nice on paper but monster in sanctuary have immunes and resists to it, IA have low damage, big casting delay and manacost. I don't like it! Exploding Arrow is good but the damage is even lower.

Special Mention:Valk - i tried 31lvl valk (+items) and it was just UNKILLABLE. Neither Venom Lords non Oblivion Knights could touch the Valk.

So what do you think would do best CS (and sometimes WSK) runs.
    I liked Nightfish's build, but it needs some kind of mana leech or regen or... i dunno.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?!

2. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Well, you say you'll be untwinked, so there's a big chance you won't have a "GOOD" bow for quite some time. Maybe you will, but it'll take time or great luck. That reduces the popularity of bowazon Strafe/MS.

RWM? Get Insight on a merc. That'll get rid of mana troubles.
    Valk at level 17 is good as well.

That's all I have to say. I don't know about LF/CS, although I've made a strafer/Freezing arrow. She did quite well, but couldn't kill Baal.

3. LoneBarb

LoneBarb IncGamers Member

I just installed RWM and started my zon... and i found Gull Dagger lol. Its gonna be funny :p

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Lighting javazon >> Bow ama.
    Untwinked lightning javazon >>>>>>> untwinked bow ama :wink3:
    Do LF/CS.
    Read this thread and this guide

5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

6. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Nice theory but its just not true. A CS runs gets you about half the experience of a Baal run and generally takes about twice the time (except perhaps with an enigmadin, but that doesn't quite fall under the untwinked zon description).

I absolutely don't doubt that a lvl 31 valk is near unkillable but as the valk is instantly recastable, its overkill. The prefered level is a lvl 17 valk. I think mine is about level 20 and only dies about once per baal run.

Untwinked, a zon with strong LF/CS skills is certainly a better choice. I won't say a bowazon is impossible, but certainly harder.

7. Quickdeath

Quickdeath IncGamers Member

MY two cents: LF zon is hard to beat -you may need to pump mana pots but that's a minor drawback. LF is better than LS because the LF bolts bounce off walls and keep hitting + pierce also increases their damage

Anything less that a GS Arch or Lycander's Aim will be very hard for a Bowazon relying on physical damage.

Valks can kill in Hell, so maxing Valk above lvl 17 for more damage is probably a better use of skill point than other things you might apply them to.

What you really need is a backup damage attack for LF. Frozen Arrow, Strafe and Plague Javelin are usually the options. PJ has the advantage of matching all the same requirements as LF - automatic hit (No dex or penetrate concerns) and you can carry a shield. But it may be too slow for someone pursuing lvl 99. Strafe requires a good bow, and also needs points in penetrate and critical strike. Frozen Arrow is a mana hog but may be your best option. Beyond the direct damage dealt, freezing the monsters really increases the effectiveness of your Valk and Merc.

8. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Hmm, I like jab option or lower resist option - together with valk and merc it's very doable and you don't have to sacrifice skill points which you need in your lightning tree to kill Baal minions and Baal himself quickly. Oh and you don't need to kill everything LI, just skipping them is the fastest.

9. Lompo

Lompo IncGamers Member

Can the -35% to enemy lt res. of Crescent moon brake the LI of the monster?
    In that case a merc. equipped with a crescent moon polearm could help letting them more susceptible to your LF.

10. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

No, -elr only works on the character who has it equipped, and it also can't break immunities, only Conviction and the Lower Resist curse can do that.