Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

c/c Weapon peed Calculator ...

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Kaze, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

c/c Weapon speed Calculator ...

I have used this calculator for figuring out max speeds with different claws ...

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

it works well with 1.10? I guess so ... I have assumed the dominating weapon is the left weapon in this calculator, it does mind for overall claw speed? btw, my dominating claw ( equiped first in the left side of my inv is always Nat's claw for the ITD mod )

According to this calculator , using nats claw + bartucs and BoS lvl 9-10 I reach the top speed with Phoenix strike ... 7 fps attack ... but if use Jade talon instead of Bartucs (what i plan to do soon) i need 20% more ias in the Jade talon (shaeled) or in other gear ... is this right?

Dragon claw is another story ... I need lot more ias to reach max speed , but I use dragon claw as secondary finisher just against bosses

2. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Don't use that calculator. It's still wrong on many ocasions.

3. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

As Lunatic pointed out, the calculator is a bit off with speeds...you actually only need a slvl 3 BoS with Nat's Mark and Bartuc(assuming the Mark is your main claw, to take advantage of the 40% innate IAS) to reach a 7 frame attack with PS.

With the Nat's Mark/Jade Talon combo, all you need is 7 BoS(no Shael socket necessary). If you wish to keep to 3 BoS, though, you will need to make a Shael socket in your Mark(don't socket the Shael into the Jade Talon if it's your off-hand claw, IAS on the off-hand claw does not work).

4. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

I still don't understand how to use the dii.net calculator with BoS. How do I reconcile BoS /EIAS with regular IAS to get real breakpoints? (I think I understand the basics of WSM, Base, and so on.)

Also, in your and Fuzzbox's final breakpoint tables, there's the following note at the bottom:

"4) Due to a bug, you require one more level of Burst of Speed than listed in order to hit the fastest swing rate when using Dual Claw attacks."

I asked around, and JRich thought that this applied only when right on a breakpoint, but he wasn't entirely sure. Can you explain it?

5. Naliworld

I think what JRichard means is that you'll need an additional level of BoS, if you just meet the IAS breakpoint. I'll expand on this in the ending paragraphs.

On the usage of dii.net's Speed Calc: To factor in BoS's EIAS bonus, basically, just subtract your WSM by BoS's bonus. Say, for example, you use a Bartuc(-30 WSM)/Shield with 5 BoS(37% IAS bonus), with PS(or TS/CS). Your final WSM(i.e. what you would key in the WSM blank) would be -67, in this case.

Do note that if you use two different claws with PS, while you only use your main claw to attack(usually the claw in the left side of the Inventory), the WSMs of both claws are averages to determine the modified WSM, which is then subtracted by BoS, if you use it(eg. You use a Bartuc[-30 WSM] and a Jade Talon[-10 WSM] with 5 BoS, using PS. Your final WSM will be (-20 -37) = -57). The same thing applies to C/C attacks(DC/CoT/FoF/BoI), except that after the WSMs of both claws are averaged, C/C attacks receive an additional penalty of 25 EIAS(added to the average WSM), after which that modified WSM is subtracted by BoS(eg. You use a Bartuc[-30 WSM] and a Jade Talon[-10 WSM] with 5 BoS, using CoT. Your final WSM will be (-20 + 25 -37) = -32).

One important note on WSM for DTail:
    DTail receives an additional EIAS penalty of 40(which is added to the modified WSM). This means it's almost impossible for

As for 'Base'(which means base frames, i.e. base speed), if you're using PS/TS/CS, the 'Base' is 13 if you're using claws(regardless if you're C/C or C/S) - however, this changes if you aren't using claws(how exactly depends on what weapon type you're using. The calculator has inbuilt base frames for different classes of weapons, so this shouldn't be a problem). For Kicks(DTail, DFlight and the initial Kick of DTalon), the base is always 12(regardless of weapon type). For the follow-up Kick of DTalon, the base is always 4(again, regardless of weapon type). For C/C attacks(CoT/BoI/FoF/DC), the base is 17.

Once you've filled in all the blanks, hit 'Show Table' and you'll be presented with a table of three columns. Ignore the 'EIAS' column, you've already dealt with that in the WSM paragraph above. Instead, match the numbers of the 'IAS' column to the numbers of the 'Frames' column. Each line refers to a particular framebreak(the IAS numbers referring to the amount of IAS on equipment needed to reach a particular frame number, on the right).

Using the example of a table of the Bartuc/Jade Talon combo with 5 BoS, using CoT: four lines would show in the table...to reach the speed cap, 10 frames, I would need 44% IAS on equipment(going back to JRichard's explanation on Note 4 of Fuzzbox/Lunatic's IAS page: if you have exactly 44% IAS on equipment, just enough to meet the framebreak but not exceed it, you'll need a tad more IAS, either from equipment or BoS, to truly exceed the breakpoint, and get the desired framebreak. However, as IAS on equipment mostly comes in multiples of 5, you don't have to worry about this often, unless the framebreak in question doesn't happens to be a multiple of 5, like 41 or 43, in which case you'll need that extra bit of IAS to exceed the breakpoint). Do note however, this 10 frame cap actually means 5 frames per claw with every CoT, as 2 strikes are executed per C/C attack.

Two important notes:
    1) IAS on equipment refers to IAS that is anywhere on equipment(whether it is on the weapon or on armor, it's the same for Assassins, with the notable exception of WW, which only uses weapon IAS, and uses a completely different IAS table).

2) IAS on your off-hand claw(often, the right weapon slot of the Inventory screen) does not apply with ANY attack except WW, so for example, if you're using the Nat's Mark/Bartuc(or Nat's Mark/Jade Talon) combination, make sure the Mark is equipped on the left weapon slot of your Inventory screen, so you'll be able to take advantage of the IAS of the Mark. If you need to make a Shael socket on your weapon, make sure it's on your main claw.

6. BIGeyedBUG

Nice explanation, Nali. Thanks.

This really should be in the FAQ--I bet I'm not the only one who wasn't sure how to use the calculator.

7. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

Yeah I'm one of em :scratch: :lol: ... now I understand lot more things , thanx Nali ;)

8. BIGeyedBUG

One more question: As I recall, JRich also thought this bug only applied to BoS users--so all of the BoS=0 entries in the table would be accurate. Is this correct, as far as you know?

@Kaze--I also recommend JRich's CC Attack Speed thread that's stickied here. There are some things Nali touched on that are fully explained in that thread.

9. Naliworld

Not sure about that one...to be safe, though, I'd assume it does not just apply to BoS users...