Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

c/c or shield with martial arts?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by vexer, Apr 8, 2005.

1. vexer

vexer IncGamers Member

c/c or shield with martial arts?

hi i just started a tigerstrike/dragon tail assasin and im still very low lvl and havent added any dex yet....but i was wondering if anyone had opinions on what would be better for general pvm, no mfing. a shield or c/c with this build?

2. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

If you can get good resist with dual claw , by all means go dual claw. This usually means more +skills. And you can block spells aswell with weapon block (just about every spell out there , except some dmg / time spells).

3. vexer

vexer IncGamers Member

well im sort of a noob in general at the game. i just got the expansio yesterday. is it easy to get good resists with dual claws???

4. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Well , if you can get Jade Talon as your second claw then it's not all that hard really. The claw itself is quite cheap. Get a Smoke (Nef + Lum) runeword armor , and you're in the positive resist already. Smoke gives you 50% all resist ,and jade talon 40 to 50%. Together with the 30% resist you get from the anya quest you have 20 to 30% resist in hell already. Not to shabby if you ask me from just 2 equipment parts.

Fill up the rest with charms , or perhaps some other parts of your equipment for resist and that's covered. Other cheap items are Laying of hands (deciple set gloves) , they give you 50% fire resist. If you can get highlord's wrath (unique amulet) that one gives you 35% lightning resist. Not sure how cheap Highlord's is though , not all that expensive , but still some I guess. And since fire and lightning resist are the most 2 importent types of resist you need , you got them almost maxed already.

If you want a cheap equipment which still functions good , I would suggest something like the following.

Amulet: Saracen's chance. This amulet gives you 15-25% all resist and 12 statpoints.
    Costs around 5 Perf gems or so.

Helmet: Talrasha's Horadric Crest (Talrasha set helmet). This helmet gives you 10% dual leech , 15% all resist , 30 mana and 60 life. The downside is that it requires lvl 66 for it to use. And it's not the best looking item.
    Costs , 3 Pgems or so.

Claws: 1 bartucs and 1 Jade talon. Bartucs is prolly the best allround claw. Jade works nice with it , because it gives you the resist you need.
    Costs , ranging from 4-5 Pgems each to 20-30 , depending on stats.

Armor:Smoke or lionheart runeword. These 2 runewords are really nice , especially for their price. Smoke gives you 20% more all resist then lionheart , but lionheart gives you 25 str / 15 dex and 60 life. If the runes are still out of reach try to get vipermagi (unique exceptional armor).
    The cost of these armors , Smoke = Nef + Lum runes , Lionheart = Hel + Lum + fal. These runes are low/mid level runes. Well I wouldn't call Fal or Lum mid level really , but you might have a problem getting them. Vipermagi should cost you ranging from 5 Pgems to 30 , depending on the resist.

Gloves:Laying of hands (deciple set gloves). These gloves give you 20% IAS , 50% fire resist and 350% enhanced dmg against demons.
    Costs , 3 Pgems or so.

Rings:1 ravenfrost (unique ring) + whatever you can find. I would suggest getting the raven. This ring gives you cannot be frozen , 15 to 20 dex and 150 to 250 AR (Attack rating). Even a 15 dex / 150 ar raven is still very good to have. The other ring is whatever you can get. I would suggest getting a life leech ring , to boost your leech alittle more. There's a set item ring from Cathan's set that gives you 6% LL.
    Costs , Raven ranges from 5/8 Pgems to very much , depending on the stats. A cathan's ring 2 Pgems or so. :D

Belt:Thundergod's vigor (unique excep belt) , Credendum (diciple set belt) or BladeBuckle (unique normal belt). Thundergod's vigor is prolly the best belt you can get for pvm. This belt gives you 20 str and 20 vita. The best part however is the 10% max lightning resist. That way you can get your lightning resist up to 85%. This helps tremendous in hell. Since lightning can hurt you quite alot. You do however need to get a total of 185% lightning resist in hell to get it. Anything below and Tgods looses it's shine. The credendum gives you 10 str , 10 dex and 15% all resist. Not a bad belt either. And the reason I mentioned Bladebuckle is because it's very underrated. the 10 str , 5 dex are nice bonuses , but the 30% fast hit recovery helps alot. Together with bartucs and Jade , you get a total of 90% FHR. That way you won't be stunlocked alot at all.
    Cost , Tgods somewhere around 15 to 20 Pgems , Credendem 5-7 and bladebuckle 2 Pgems or so.

Boots: Waterwalks , Natalya's Soul (natalya's set boots). Waterwalks give you a nice life boost (45-65 life) , 15 dex ,5% max fire resist and 20% run speed. Run speed won't really be a problem because you will be using Burst of Speed 98% of the time. The rest of the stats you will use. the 5% max fire resist can boost your maximum fire resist up to 80% instead of 75% , just like Tgods does for lightning resist. The reason I mentioned natalya's soul is because it's cheap , and offers you 40% run and 15-25% lightning and cold resist. Resist are your friend.
    Costs , Waterwalks should range from 4-5 Pgems to alot more which is depended on the life boost. Natalya's soul should cost you 3-4 Pgems.

I hope this helps alittle with getting your first sin equiped very cheap. :D As you progress you can upgrade this stuff ofcourse , but keep in mind you need to focus on resist first. Once that's covered +skills are nice aswell. These boost your martial arts skills alot (the elemental charge-ups and Dragon tail the most though).

5. vexer

vexer IncGamers Member

wow lunatic thank you for the incredibly detailed reply to my noob question. It was very informative and i will carry all this knowledge with me in my travels, once again thank you so much =]

6. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

I hope the previous post was still readable , and no chaotic. :D It's hard to make a longer post like that easy to write in not to much paragraphs.