Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

C/C Nat Martial Artist IAS Help

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by xTheCheaTx, Jul 2, 2005.

1. xTheCheaTx

xTheCheaTx IncGamers Member

C/C Nat Martial Artist IAS Help

Ive read the FAQ and looked at the IAS charts but I still dont understand how IAS works when your duel wielding (a non upped Bartucs and Nats Claw right now). Im trying to finalize all my equipment and want to know what kind of IAS i might need. I use CoT, Pheonix Strike, and Dragon Claw as my main skills, I also play on having a BoS lvl that is either 8 or 9.

The IAS charts said for the base speed of 0 on Nats claw it will reach 7 frames with its 40 IAS on the weap. But how does this work with Bartucs on Duel claw elementals like FoH and CoT? and how does off hand claw stuff affect this? sorry if i seem ignorant :/

2. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

The base speed when dual wielding is the average. That means -15 with Nats and Bartucs. IAS only counts from your primary claw, so put Natalya's on your glove-side. Then take that info to the tables to figure out IAS needed for the fastest attack.

3. xTheCheaTx

much thanks

4. xTheCheaTx

alright...hopefully someone can help me here. According to the IAS Tables, with a -15 WSM (Averaged for NAts and Bartucs) I need 129 IAS to get 10 frames per attack with a lvl 9 BoS. But If I use the equations on http://e.domaindlx.com/JRichard/D2/aas22/ used to get the tables, EIAS = skill_IAS – WSM + ((120 * equipment_IAS)/( 120 + equipment_IAS)), and the EIAS chart here:http://e.domaindlx.com/JRichard/D2/aas22/Tables/Elemental/dualclaw.html The IAS i need is much less to get the 10 fpa...oi.

According to this equation EIAS with 129 IAS and lvl 9 BoS is:
    EIAS = 44 + 15 + ((120 * 129) / (120 + 129)) = 121.16...

According to the EIAS table only an EIAS of 91 is needed, the the BoS/IAS Table shows 129 IAS is needed giving an EIAS of 121.

ack

also, is there a difference between IAS on the Claws and off the Claws in this case

5. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Ok, this took me a bit longer than I had expected in order to figure it out. It required going to the equations in the General Mechanics (which I had never done before) in order to verify which table was correct (EIAS or full IAS). It turns out that the EIAS table is correct, and that 91 is the value which will provide the correct answer.

Short version: You need 44 IAS in order to make the 10 frame attack.

Frankly, I would be tempted to not trust either, and check with your own in-game testing to verify which value (or even another) is needed.