Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

{C/C} mods for second claw question

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Black Market, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Black Market

Black Market IncGamers Member

{C/C} mods for second claw question

I've read the FAQ and can't find a definitive answer as if Crushing Blow or Ignore Target's Defence are working on a second hand claw... CB is in the "yet to be confirmed" category and didn't saw anything about ITD.

Also, does CB apply to traps ? I think no, but i'd like to know if im wrong and if there's mods that apply to traps.

I mainly use Dragon Claw and light traps.
    Thanks for any correct hint on this.

2. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Don't know about the offhand claw questing, but I know for sure that traps (read: sentrys) are minnions and will not gain any damage from mods appart from +skill, conviction aura and lower resist curse (they are minnions that cannot picup auras themselves, but the monsters you fight can still be effected with conviction and lower res, thus those will also help your traps).

3. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

cb stacks (last i knew, i may have been informed wrong though), ITD is only on the claw its on. =D

4. Black Market

Black Market IncGamers Member

thx both for hints.

5. Zukker

Zukker IncGamers Member

eeeh say what?
    i tested this a week ago or so. My buddy gave me his shako and i replaced my shako with a facet in it, and the damage changed. (mabye i was missunderstanding what you're trying to say.)

6. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

Facets have no effect on LS/DS damage. The only one it might work is the crappy fire bombing one.

7. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

What you saw is just the LCS (lying character screen), it displayes increased damage but you'll (read: your sentry type traps) will not gain any acctuall damage. Your fireblast and shock webb skills will however get increased damage from facets, since they aren't considered minnions in the d2 mathematics.

See it as the same case as a necro wearing fortitude and summoning skeletons, as you might guess those skeletons will not gain +300% ed just because they where sommoned from a char with that mod on his armour.

8. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Ack. Each stays on its own for CB and ITD. Pretty much the only mods which stack are "passive" and applied to the character rather than the weapon.