Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

C/c Ma

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by robzombiesslave, Apr 17, 2008.

1. robzombiesslave

robzombiesslave IncGamers Member

C/c Ma

Dual Claw Martial Arts Asn.

I've had a C/S, Ts/Dt asn before doing loads and loads of damage (wacked myself with iron maiden [Hardcore])
    I've been wanting to make a dual claw asn (pvm) but I was curious what kinda damage Dragon Claw can get up to. I know its not the ideal crowd control build. I really wish tiger strike went off of both claws :cry: but still im not sure the formula for that one. Recommendations, tips, suggestions, builds, idk anything would be greatly appreciated.

2. chronowarp

chronowarp IncGamers Member

Re: C/c Ma

Why not do C/C and still use D tail? Just max an elemental charge+pheonix, and you'll be able to hand anything- so long as you avoid IM :)

3. robzombiesslave

Yea :( I suppose so. But I was just wondering what the max damage would look like seeing as its dual claws. (though it only releases charges from one claw) But just the fact that you can get 1000% damage out of your claw-class base damage with three charges seems like you can get more damage out of it because you can get higher base damage from claws than from boots..

4. chronowarp

Possibly higher damage, but Dtail has a huge spread, and a giant AR bonus in itself. The +% fire damage will be higher than the +% damage from dclaw at the same level, FWIW. Not to discourage you at all...it may be a more viable option since Dtail gets nerfed against fire immunes/pi's...Dclaw won't.

5. robzombiesslave

Yea, I understand. But idk I just want the highest possible damage in a single hit.

6. improvius

improvius IncGamers Member

Has anyone ever thought about using DTail with Azurewrath? It seems that since most of the PIs are undead, the sanctuary aura could make DTail considerably more effective.

Hmm... maybe a build focussed on TS, DTail, DTalon, and Death Sentry, using Azurewrath as a main weapon would work. Whenever you run into a non-undead PI, just switch to straight to DTalon.

7. chronowarp

With PI's you can just have a merc with reapers toll cast decripify on stuff, the bigger issue is FI's, because if you release your charges with dtail on a fire immunes, all the splash damage (which is a lot, and knockback) will get negated. And the majority of monsters in hell are fire immune.

8. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

The knockback feature could be annoying though for charging up. In the same league you have Lawbringer, which adds decrep to the mix as well (although it kills your DS). It's an idea more than worth considering though. :smiley:

The most common immunity in Hell is cold.

9. chronowarp

That's nice? It still doesn't change the fact that a lot of monsters in hell are fire immune. especially the most common ones...especially in hell A1, and A4.

10. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

No monster is more common than another. The vast majority of monsters are still going to be effected by the splash damage. All physical and fire immunes don't even make up 30% of the monsters.

I don't know why with DTail a lot of people put emphasis on the fact that FIs don't get hurt by fire damage.

11. chronowarp

Except the FI's are usually in groups, so you lose massive damage against fallens, and any variant. Hell clan? Venom lords, and any variant? It gets really annoying, really fast.

All I can remember from soloing with my Dtail/CS/COT sin was that I rocked until hell...and everything went downhill from there on. Not that I couldn't manage...it's just the severity of my power got severely nerfed in Hell againist all the FI's.

12. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Almost all monsters come in groups. That's not really something reserved for FIs. I don't understand the comment.

All I can remember from my TS/DTail/PS/CoT sin is that it was pretty fast to get through hell.

13. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

To respond to original post...

Dragon Claws does not multiply dmg% with any charge up skill. Without Fort you should expect a physical dmg of a bit more than 1k.

And if you want weapon damage applied to Tiger charges, claws aren't the best option anyways :)

14. robzombiesslave

Thank you veryy muchhh

See when I took everything... well not everything but most of it into consideration.. I saw, okay claws can get up to 200 damage whereas boots can get up to what 145 ish? idr note:I was under the assumption that tiger charges multiply's to boTh claws. Meaning it would multiply 200 damage off left hand and the 200 off the right hand. So I was immediately looking at that. If this was the case, then I would say its a viable skill and a good reason to go dual claws.. but other than weapon block and faster hit speed I dont see any reason to go dual claws.. It kinda sucks :(

Ohh and btw, do min/max damage charms/jewels add on to boot damage?

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  15. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

It's a perception problem. Dtail trashes Normal and Nightmare faster than most builds, but slows down to merely great when it hits Hell due to resists. In similar fashion, I think people obsess on Fallen because they're often the first FIs they meet, and because they're so numerous and annoying...particularly after having been so easy before Hell.

Also, you may not have noticed a slowdown at all because you chose a good back-up option. I think a lot of wouldbe Dtailers neglect that, probably because they don't understand the mechanics.

Nope.

16. robzombiesslave

:sad2: well this just sucks.. tigerstrike+dragon claw it requires you to sacrifice a shield, it doesnt multiply (like someone said it can only get around 1.5k), and it only attacks one monster. Whereas tigerstrike+dragon tail allows you to use a shield, multiplys up to 10k+ damage with three charges, knocks back, and it has a 4 yard radius! I was routing for dragon claws. But I would hafta be a moron to make that build. I was hoping it would cause tons of single monster damage for like a boss or something but ohh well..

Now the question is whether to go dual claws with TS+DT or Claw/shield :scratch: I've made a TS/DT asn before, my god she was badass.. But she killed herself due to iron maiden. (casted as I was kicking with 3 charges lol) silly me..

17. Scudstorm

Dual claw for charge-up speed, claw/shield for survivability (depending on your gear, dual claw may be better for survivability as well). Consider the Dragon shield for damage too...

18. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Dual-wielding is not intrinsically faster than one claw with the strike charge-ups. Both have the same max speed and the same breakpoints.

19. fullflavor

fullflavor IncGamers Member

i was planning on experiementing with a dual claw assassin using chop chops.

build something like this.

20-tigerstrike
    20-dragon tail

20-venom
    20-claw mastery
    rest on shadow master.

venom might not be much as i wont be using shadow skillers or poision boosting items. but nevertheless, its another elemental dmg.

so i do physical/fire and poison dmg same time. i could never work out phoenix strike not my cup of tea :)

20. Scudstorm

Don't forget your mind blast :)