c/c cold maiden reccomendations?

Bliphgar

Diabloii.Net Member
c/c cold maiden reccomendations?

I've decided to make a C/C cold maiden, but I noticed the guild is a couple years old. I was wondering what gear/skills are recommended now? I used the search button, but all it got me was someone improving the cold maiden by making it not C/C.

wizAdept

Diabloii.Net Member
The guide is not only outdated but also kinda bad to start with.
lol @ stats, gear options, and maxed bladeshield.

Anyways, if you want a BoI asn you are better looking up advice on pheonix strike asns and replace FoF with BoI.

Use 2x claws for sure, the claw chargeups (FoF, CoT, BoI, not TS, CS or PS) attack at a maximum of 7fpa with weapon/shield, with c/c the skills instead attack with both claws per attack, have a maximum of 5fpa for each claw. This means you will be able to charge up and release faster with c/c instead of w/s.

Shadow killers are also a bad weapon choice if you want to go for efficiency, they may be "theme'd" to the build which is why the author of that guide may have recommended it, but really bartucs with +skills/stats/fhr will result in a much more sturdy and damaging build.

Honestly that "guide" looks more like a retelling of how that author was able to get through hell difficulty using a weak setup rather than a guide to follow to build a character.
Following PS assassin guidelines will end you up with a better BoI build.

Bliphgar

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't say I wanted a pheonix striker who replaces FoF with BoI though. I said I wanted to make a cold maiden (aka that build) and I wanted to know if there were any changes I could make to the build without killing the theme, or if the maker himself had made any changes.

Another way to look at it is I wanna try a semi-unique build, but I wanted to know if any of the specifics behind it have changed. If I wanted a cookie cutter I'd make a trapsin -_-

This post came off as rough, but you literally went "lol that build sucks use this instead" which was NOT the kind of answer I was looking for.

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
The only changes have been new runewords...

The build is an odd duck. There isn't much else to it. Ristev rarely posts here anymore, and when he does it is about his Furysin build, which is decently powerful (though overshadowed, as its main skill is only a 1-point wonder - leaving it as an option for many other setups).

The recommendation basically follows Wizadept's comments - use something else. It is a theme build and outshined by nearly every other build out there.

(Also, no be hattin on trapsins. The cookie-cutter trapsin is typically played by a cookie-maker who understands little about Assassins or good gameplay. Sure, they work mindlessly, but they are spectacular in the hands of a skilled player.)