Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

c/c blade fury question: Does it matter wich side (left or right) your claws are on?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Snarlin Stef, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

c/c blade fury question: Does it matter wich side (left or right) your claws are on?

i remember reasing a loooooooooooong time ago that it does matter...

i have a WW assa with chaos and fury claws... was wondering which side each claw should be on for maximum BF dmg.

thnx
    stef

2. mantrid_drone

mantrid_drone IncGamers Member

I believe the first claw you equip is the one that uses whatever bonus damage is on it. People often say your left claw (ie the characters right hand) is the primary claw, but I think thats just because people typically equip that side first.

I'm not certain on this though, but I think that's how it works.

3. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

In addition to damage, like mantrid_drone mentioned, claw order matters quite a lot, especially if you use mods like OW/CB/chance to cast X on striking to deal damage with BF(which, to my knowledge, are important mods to a WW Assassin), as only the mods on the main claw(eg. the claw you equip first) apply on BF. Mods on your off-hand claw(eg. the claw you equip last) do not apply with BF.

Details in the FAQ.

4. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

Just to confuse the issue :), the left hand thing i believe comes from the fact that when you use weapon switch to change to a different setup and then switch back to the original setup (such as switching to shadow claws to cast SM, venom, fade or BoS), the claw on the left will be primary regardless of the order they were equipped.

So, it's the first claw you equip unless you've used weapon switch and then it's the left side claw.

jrichard

5. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

OK.. i think i figured out how to get the primary claw... if i weapon switch... then switch back i see the primary claw (its not necessarily the one you equipe first as sometimes when you weapon switch your claws sitch sides).. i figured it out though. :)

so what is bettter for BF? Fury Claw or Chaos Claw?

Fury Claw + drac gloves has the nice OW but much less dmg.. chaos has magic + orb + higher ED...

which is better for BF?

thnx
    stef