Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

c/c assassin build idea: viable?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by skyfiredraco, Jan 31, 2004.

1. skyfiredraco

skyfiredraco IncGamers Member

c/c assassin build idea: viable?

hey guys, me and a couple friends were talking about starting new chars and playing them through completely un-twinked and I was trying to think of an interesting build to try. I've always wanted to try a c/c build in 1.10 but never got around to it (the only assassin i've built in 1.10 is a c/s pheonix assassin).

So, how does this strike you for an idea?

skills:

dragon claw: 20 (main attack)
    claw mastery: 20
    claw block: 10 (50%)
    BoS: 5 (maybe up to 10... dont know)
    Claws of thunder: 20 (elemental backup)
    Phoenix strike: point dump (late game pump up for CoT)

will also have 1 point in shadow master and 1 point in death sentry since CE rocks in hell :)

basic idea of the build is to stick with a sped up dragon claw that is enhanced with the mastery to kill things. For mobs and/or PI's use CoT.... figure something out for PI/Lit immunes :p

Stats will be just enough str/dex to use claws (since block wont need dex) and the rest in vit.

this look viable? untwinked?

Which would be better for me: BoS (which i have experience with) or fade (to suppliment my resists)?

would venom be more worth some of my points since it is applied to all hits (and i'm focusing on bashing things with my claws)?

advice is appriciated :)

2. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

I'd stay away from going with claw-damage based skills(DC, etc.) with an untwinked Assassin, as you're going to need high damage claws(think the Mark) to make DC work in Hell.

If you wanted an untwinked MA Assassin, I'd go with TS/DTail, as that's the least equipment dependant out of all MA build(excepting PS/CoT, but that's a given):

20 TS
    20 DTail
    20 CoT
    5 BoS
    10 WB (after +skills)
    1 SM
    1 MB
    1 DF
    1 Fade
    Rest in PS

However, a TS/DTail build never truly reaches its peak without a pair of +MA claws(preferably Bartucs). If you truly wanted an untwinked build, I'd go with a Lightning Trapper, as it would succeed no matter what equipment you had(as long as you played it safe). +skills would be helpful, but aren't necessary:

20 LS
    20 SWeb
    20 CBS
    20 DS (or FB, if you want something to deal with LIs instead)
    1 SM
    1 MB
    1 Fade

3. skyfiredraco

skyfiredraco IncGamers Member

thx for all the advice nali... those all seem good builds but for some reason I've got a fire to MAKE this work :)

here is what i'm thinking now:

dragon claw: 20
    claw mastery: 20
    venom: 20

still unsure whether to go fade or BoS... i LOVE the speed boost on BoS but the fade would be VERY useful for the untwinked thing... hmm...

i'll also have one point in SM and one in death sentry.

I know the TS/dtail build would probably be the best way to go now (esp since i've already done a PS build) but, again, i just wanna make this work :)

havin some problems gettin my friends together tho so she'll probably go on the back burner while i rebuild my elemental druid.

thx again.... just a couple questions:

1: BoS or Fade? quite simple... just want some outside reasons to pick either since i'm still on the fence

2: what merc would be good? defiance? might? holy freeze? hell... how bout an archer? lol

thx for any advice :)

4. Anidem

Anidem Banned

rumor is that fade now give an unlister DR bonus like the pallys resist auras.
    As for mercs unlike most i prefer the act 2 cold merc backed with Bramble. it sound contradictory but some packs can swarm so fast that no mercs ever stand a chance. and since masters live to be pounded on they fare even worse. the rouge and sorc mercs stay alive better but can't deal the damage needed in multi-player hell games.

5. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

1) Probably BoS, as you're not going to get enough IAS from elsewhere(and you're going to need the speed to be effective, since your pure damage is probably going to be poor). Of course, by going down this route, you're going to have to hold on to every single resist charm you find.

2) IMO, it depends on whether you luck out and find a high damage claw. If you do, Act2 HF might be a better idea(depending on how much you use DS, as HF shatters a lot of corpses). If not, I'd go with Act2 Might, as you're going to need all the ED you can find.