Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

C/C and Finishing move questions

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Pyrocat, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Pyrocat

Pyrocat IncGamers Member

C/C and Finishing move questions

Ok, I'm new to Diablo II and my first character is an assassin. Right now I'm lvl 19 with several skill points in tiger strike, cobra strike and dragon claw (among other things). I have a few questions about how the game deals with certain things that I would appreciate it if someone could explain..

1) How does the game deal with using two weapons? I use two claws and I'm not sure if it matters which hand they go in or what. Does one hit more than the other? If one has better dmg which hand should I put it in?

2) Tiger Strike/Cobra Strike (TS/CS), I know they charge up to 3 balls, but then how are they 'released'? Do the dmg bonuses come into play just as long as the balls are circling you or do they have to be 'released'. In order to release them it says a normal attack will do fine, but they don't disappear when I'm hitting someone with a normal attack, is there something special I need to do? Or are they released without me knowing it?

3) Finishing moves, such as dragon claw. What are they? Do they only affect one monster? Do I have to use it each time I kill something? How is it released? I don't understand these at all...

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

2. Bonescorpion

Bonescorpion IncGamers Member

If u are this raw, I would recommend u read the assassin faq at the top of this page. It will answer ur questions in detail and also give some insight as which way to go......

3. Pyrocat

Pyrocat IncGamers Member

I read the FAQ, it just explains what they are, not how they work. I sort of understand finishing moves now from expirimenting more in game but, gah, most of this still doesn't make sense.

4. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

1) If you attack with two weapons, it alternates.

2) They should be released when you do a normal attack. The balls just go away and there's a red flash of sorts (reddish white) with Tiger Strike. Normal Attacks or Finishing moves get rid of these and the extra damage boost is released once.

3) Dragon Talon - a kicking Zeal of sorts but only hitting one target. Starts with one kick but at higher levels gets to 5
    Dragon Tail - hits one target but unleashes a blast hitting monsters in a radius around it.
    Dragon Claw - hits one target with both claws
    Dragon Flight - teleports you to the target hitting that target with a kick.

5. Bonescorpion

Ok

1) If u look on the screen and equip the first claw on the left, that will be the one that u attack with first. The following charges use only one claw to charge up, cobra strike, tiger strike, phoenix strike. So even if u have two claws on, u will only be attacking with ur left claw. With the following, claws of thunder, fists of fire, and blades of ice, u will attack with both claws when equipped.

2) U can release a charge only once, so when u release a charge the balls should go away. If u use the dragon claw finisher (hits with two claws) the charge will be released only on the claw that hits, which the majority of the time will be ur left claw (unless it misses). U can release charges with a normal attack, or any of the dragon finishers, u can release multiple charges with one finish as well. So u can charge up tiger strike and cobra strike and u will get back life and mana based off of ur tiger strike damage

3) Dragon claw, and talon only hit one target, dragon tail and flight hits one target and generates and area of effect fire damage that can damage multiple enemies that are in the radius.

6. Pyrocat

Pyrocat IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot! I think I understand it all now.. it's just gonna take some more expirimenting with TS/CS/DC now

7. Bonescorpion

whoops made a mistake, dragon flight does not make an area of effect like tail, sorry bout that......