Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bye Bye 6 flags!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zodiac66, Mar 11, 2004.

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

2. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

i wish they'd get rid of the one in atlanta.. i hate that overpriced 150 degree asphalt jungle :grrr:

3. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Yeah that place is hotter than hell during the summer. Not as bad as the Houston one, but its still kinda miserable.

4. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

6 Flags took over a place around here too and destroyed it.

I hate theme parks, but specifically a 6 flags where Cheeseburger + Drink = 15 bucks.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

That is corporate greed ... defined.

6. gismo

gismo IncGamers Member

Nooo. Say it isn't so? I love six flags over Georgia. Carowinds is ok but they don't have near as good rollercoasters and big rides as six flags.

7. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

last time I went to the local six flags was Halloween 2000

8. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

Last time I remember, you can bring your own food to picnic. No one forced you to buy their food. And no offense, but I've been to the theme parks in Geauga [I used to live in Mentor on the Lake] a few times and I get the impression that a lot of you are just looking at it through misty eyes. Yes, it was decent but nothing really great. When I visited Six Flags after they took over I saw a massive improvement to the park; better rides, better service, more things to do and oh yeah Batman the ride kicked ***.

And this was on a day where 2/3 into my visit it started raining, really heavily. :scratch: Yes I missed some of the stuff the old park had, but that was nothing more then nostalgia, and not actually that it was better.

9. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Methinks that's the wrong link...

What are they doing with Sea World?

10. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Sea World left when 6 Flags took over. It was a package deal both Theme Parks for one low price. 6 Flags tried to bring in dolphins and a whale.

UGG..they changed the link!!

11. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

From now on 6 is a disgraceful number of flags to display in my opinion. 7 or 5 are acceptable or any other number.

12. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

Carrowinds, in my opinion, is far superior to Six Flags. I live like an hour away and I used to go once or twice a week to the swimming things they have and Top Gun over and over all with a season pass.

And if you think thats stupid going that much, ¡Las chicas están muy calientes! And with so much comotion going on... no one sees under the water :evil:

13. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Wait, I was there not too long ago, what happened to it when Six Flags took over? Ok, maybe it was a long time ago. But I still don't know what happened to it excpet that 6 Flags bought it.

14. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

What happened? Six Flags took over and brought better rides and attractions. Geauga Lake was nostalgia value, if nothing more. And even if you care that much about "home-grown" parks there's also Cedar Point, which was two hours drive away from my place. They are arguably the best theme park in the world, if you really like rollarcoasters!

EDIT: I think what happened was a case of Six Flags treating themselves too much like a "Wal-Mart" type franchise, which is where there are just too many of them accross the countries. I think there are about 9-10 6 flags accross the country and if you think about it, thats a pretty big number considering it doesnt take that long to drive state-from-state. In this case, they probably ended up with too much maintenance costs, and having to compete with THEMSELVES for business (and the superior Cedar Point).

Yeah, I thought Six Flags was decent but Cedar Point smokes them all. :winner:

15. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

The six flags here in I tihnk vallejo sucks. They have 1 good roller coaster and thats only fun when you ride up in front, but then after a while that gets boring. Then they have the nerve to charge 2 bucks for a 20 coke out of the vending machine.