Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bye again. :)

Discussion in 'Classic' started by goomba, Feb 28, 2008.

1. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

bye again. :)

it's been a fun few months back.

time to step away again. it was fun meeting some new folks, and helping some others as it always is on the realms.

game dying even more again due to all of the baaling going on - everyone's rich again already, so nobody is trading the truly nice din grim shields that I'm looking for, and I really don't want another barb.

I missed Bri/Nicole's (wretchedotis) goodbye by only a couple of days - hopefully whomever has their acct/gear is doing it justice.

to whomever gave me some stuff a few weeks ago, rest assured I paid it forward to folks several times over, by helping new players, gifting items, rushing, etc.

pce, good luck, and have fun guys. when it stops being fun, take a break, and start fresh later on!

2. Monzee

Monzee IncGamers Member

Re: bye again. :)

Sorry to see you leave (again) :)

However, I think I just got a shield similer to what you were looking for. It is in Rare items show off now.

3. grShaman

grShaman IncGamers Member

Aaawww, too bad :undecided:
    Well, I'll take your "bye" as a "see you soon". :wink3:

4. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

indeed that is what I had been looking for on east. had been offering some very nice gear, as well as some stylish armors and up to 7 sojs in addition to the above. truly one of the best din grims I've seen in a long time.

I'll be taking a time out from that other site as well. it was oddly awfully fun to play the antagonist to some of the Act5'ers, even if it wasn't very sporting of me to play a battle of wits with that unarmed buffoon mksubzero... :grin:

pce.

5. squiggle

squiggle IncGamers Member

=[

Sorry to see you leave m8, keep your **** on random mules incase you come back this ladder, or atleast sell it so you have somewhere to go next ladder.

lmk when you come back ofc!

=[

6. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

no need to sell it. it's not hard to get rich quick on d2. that other site is full of spamming nabs, with multi's that attempt to price fix the market.

tis why I only offered up some of the medicore stuff for offers. I prefer to just pay it all forward.

if you're on Sunday /msg me. that's when I'll be splitting things up. most of it this time is going to steve, or ayo, but that brown grim might work for your lld urges :p

7. squiggle

Aight, I should be on. Got a performance but I should see you ofc, If not just give to ayo and he'll deliver :p

Thanks dude!

Kek, You manage to get more each time you start up then I do playing non stop o_O

t.t

8. zioth

zioth IncGamers Member

Sorry to see you go. It's been fun chatting with you on the Classic board. And thanks again for those Gull and Chanceguards and Nagel you gave my MF character several weeks ago.

9. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Hope you'll still stick around on the forums Goomba. :)

10. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I'll be around now and again. Taking a break. The game had begun to intrude again more than it should have on the important things. When I went ahead and made that Barb out of sheer boredom (and in the process went against my pledge of not making a barb this season) I knew it was time to step away.

no problem :thumbsup: helping people that know how to ask for help w/out begging, or feeling entitled is one of the best parts about the game.

lord knows over the years I've tried to spend quite a bit of time in norm/nm helping random people with quests and/or rushes - and from time to time items - one way of trying to get the "next generation" back into the game.

just hope you can find like minded folks and pay it forward a bit. either way it's just a game :thumbsup:

jake: regarding your iso flail/knout. I haven't seen any decent ones in a while - had a +2 pally, 90 dmg knout last weekend, but with no IAS I figured it was trash and charsi'ed it (it would have blown your desired lvl req. regardless) good luck anyway - and I think ayo is gonna finally get his smiter shield - another one surfaced for offers that should go cheap. :shocked:

11. squiggle

Yeah, I found a +1 10 ias knout 23 req, decided i'll make a frenzy barb if I find a match

n1

To bad I've been suspended from the sight for a week o_O

kek

12. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

hope you will be back later

/should I quit on my 1000th post too, *shrug*/

13. Demek

Demek IncGamers Member

cya soon

about helping:
    i decided to help only smart people, this way wretched half-wits (82 din baroned argh!) stay in norm and nm, it's v easy to distinguish smart ones, they join ur tps, use bow when chanted, understand written language, don't repeat the same sentence, and generally don't use pls and gimme phrases

“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces”

14. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

What's been going on?

I've been doing GuildWars for the past few weeks. I had noticed a heckofalot more baal runs about 4-5 weeks ago. Still thought that new chars couldn't get to act5 since last October or so. Now I read about rampant duping too, that some ppl have it, won't be too long, a few weeks, a couple months before everyone is doing it. The people I play with every day in D2 still don't seem perturbed, I'm gonna go to the channel and see what is going on...

And don't blame you Goomba for quitting temporarily.

Another thing I noticed last nite. A high ladder sorc entered our game and was talking almost nonstop. I noticed that she was grabbing loot and tele'ing all over as if some keystroke sets were being sent to the game off her computer - not keyboard. We all finally had to squelch her and boring build blab, that tends to ruin runs if it goes on too long. It just seemed impossible that someone could tele and fight and be sending out 50 msgs in a 4 minute run. Anyone know about this? I heard her saying something about programming something to go faster...

15. squiggle

As in she typed at the same time as she ran cs? Could be a new bot, but I doubt it.

16. IsThisNamePermanent

IsThisNamePermanent IncGamers Member

I quit classic about 2 months ago, to play LoD. If I'm going to see baal runs up all the time then I might as well play Expansion now.

17. squiggle

East still has baal runs, All the ips have now been patched, They were patched on europe a while ago, So baal runs will still be going till those who are already in a5 get banned or quit, or new patch etc.

18. slashereight

slashereight IncGamers Member

yes these "half-wits" that roam on d2 are a strange breed. i've come across many of these and i really don't think they're human. they'll click you for hours and beg for an item even though you fully ignore them. they'll say words repeatedly like "mart" hoping to god you'll give them your weapon for free.

my theory for these "retards" as i call them are genetically engineered dogs in training by it's owner to replace their mf bots or blizzard's new a.i. algorithm being used to fill up the population of their dying game. either way i smell conspiracy.

19. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

Re: What's been going on?

Some people do some quite impressive things, like typing with one hand and playing the game with another (afterall you can control the character only with mouse)

Watch this movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo&eurl=

There are some hella fast people out there. Also, please note that after 5:10 the tetris is INVISIBLE.
    In the past (when I played a lot) - I could easily type only with my left hand (I wasnt too fast though) - diablo is a slow game in general. Play some starcraft to see the real action

20. Demek

Demek IncGamers Member

i don't even notice people grabbing "my" loot, makes me wanna quit
    starcraft is plain scary ><

in general i think when u suck at life, u suck at d
    no brains to plan mf char, no brains to get food to the fridge
    if i give something to a failure, i spread the consequences of it further
    makes me wanna go play hc, there the wheat is separated from the chaff :D
    i'm still laughing at low levels joining cows and dying, that's the way it should be ^