Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvC vs melee

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by NickaliskTrent, May 21, 2008.

1. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

BvC vs melee

In BvC vs melee (paladins,druids no BvB's) how much does about 200 attack rating matter? I have 3/XX/XX small charms but the AR is pretty ****ty. Most of them have from 12-16 AR instead of 20.

Is 200 AR going to matter a lot when fighting a decked out smiter or another BvC?

Is it better to get 3/XX/20's or 3/20/XX?

2. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Re: BvC vs melee

nope. not to any huge degree.

i'd go for the 3/xx/20 myself.

if you find you need bulk ar in a hurry, throw on some full angelics (ammy + 2xrings).

3. churinga

churinga IncGamers Member

Use widowmaker to kick Smiters' asses. You hit 25% of the time (if they have 75% blocking) even if you have 0 AR. Um your Widowmaker if you have enough Dex, and put on open wound gears, and watch them bleed to death. ;)

4. Blitzkrieger

Blitzkrieger IncGamers Member

Smiters are tough to beat since they're able to be completely defensive WHILE being at full offense *grumble*

I find that just making passes at them REALLY quickly works the best.
    If they're a tele-smiter and good at name locking you... you're probably going to die. But if you can find a V/T to fight throw on your whisps and make quick passes at him and occasionally throw 2/3 of the Triangle. Best way I seem to beat them is to tele ontop and WW away and when they start getting fed up whirl directly at them, then pull it off to the side at the last moment (which will make them charge or follow for a quick smite when your ww ends) and as soon as they move push your WW right back through them and NEVER stand still.. EVER.

Also the Widowmaker suggestion is a good one. Throw on your IAS and CB gear, put guided arrow on your main key and jump on your right click and REALLY bug the heck out of them. They will immediately go on the offensive fi you start this however so make sure you are random about your jump to shoot ratio.

Something like 1 jump 2 arrows, 2 jumps 1 arrow, 1 jump 1 arrow, just be completely random and watch them cry.

5. churinga

churinga IncGamers Member

If they cannot tele, just put on lots of OW gear (i.e. my setup is: Dracul, Duress, Guillaume Face, Gores, which gives 93% total OW), then put on lots of FRW gears and charms (I can achieve > 150%). Then, shoot and run with Widowmaker! :D If they charge, Leap them, and suddenly switch to your main weapons and WW away.