Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bvc vs good trapsin

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by matchuk, Sep 27, 2006.

1. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

bvc vs good trapsin

hi guys ive read all the bvc guides out there and really hasnt got the help i need

im having trouble vs good trapsins well the one i duel is hybrid but still can have 12k traps...

i have 2 setups vs trappers:
    normally i use
    arreats(um)
    dracs
    hsarus boots/belt
    2 ravens
    highlords
    widow on switch

the normal defencive or pub sins are really easy to deal with using this setup but vs good ones i lack the fcr

i tried normal pub setup where i use trangs arach and gores instead but still hard to beat mainly cos their traps do so much damage and its that hard gettin out of stunlock without taking significant damage

i normally long whirl or leap to get out but its still very hard

they always have traps around and gettin a leap namelock whirl is hard, as soon as i tele he teles too and i get stuck in stunlock :(

im wondering if theres any other tactic i can try that doenst involve doomz or tgods

thanks

2. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

If they Ww/trap hybrid, put on CoA instead of Arreats. GA snipe them to make them come forward, run around at the edge of their traps to make them try to come to you, and tele + WW them. If stuck in MB lock, I like to WW at them since if they move they'll have to let up on the MB, if they don't then they die

3. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

his ww does 1.5k its not really anything compared to trap dmg, normally i use GA and own alot of sins with them but vs good ones u really need the fcr whcih i dont have with GA setup, if i use guided he just hides behind bushes and lay far traps, and 1 hit of my ga is nothing comapred to 1 hit of his traps

but the WW towards him under stunlock is something i want to try

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Hsarus and Ravens are not needed vs. trappers, they have low def.

A little something: Unsummon namelock. Has decimated tons of trappers that play in a manner where they lure you to their screen and then run.

As for ww/trap hybrids, you should a) prebuff with antidotes b) use CoA.

I've dueled some very nice ww/trap hybrids. Widowmaker can really help you out of defensive trappers. I never bother to play "too" offensive vs. trappers. And you should practise to keep your whirls as short and controlled as possible. This way you will minimize the chance of you whirling air as the sin puts 5 traps and mb under you.

Most running trappers I do not even bother to beat up, as all they do is set up traps in a random place and teleport around. Well, Widowmaker IS good.

Whirling towards the ww/trap hybrid when she tries to stunlock you is foolish, as it gets uber predictable after like 2 times. Then she will only stunlock you from the edge of the screen, forcing you to slowly ww through all of her traps if you decide to ww towards her. Then she can also teleport to the other side in case you namelock her. This causes you to whirl in a area with 5 traps constantly, speeding up your death by a lot.

5. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

hm you should be able to deal with them with 20 fcr, ravens+ trangs+tgods

its also doable with arachnid+trangs+ravens but you have to be very careful for their traps.
    what i use is coa+tgods+fcr rings+trangs and it works very well so far.

if they run alot i go down to 20 fcr and shoot with widowmaker (this happened only once to me , the guy decided to go hyper defensive ,since he just couldnt win a duel playing semi def) .

if you really want to have some fun with them slap on a fortitude and kill with widowmaker only , if they tele on you ww to death.

and lastly there is a small group of assasins that dont use mb, they tele at 65 fcr arround their trap fields and are pretty hard to catch, and if they happen to have max block then its real pain to deal with them , for those i use griffon + trangs+ fcr rings for 63 fcr bp which makes it much easier to duel them

6. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

i think im going to need a pair of tgods and use this setup

trangs 2 ravens highlords gores widow on switch tgod

the trangs gives the 20fcr i really need but at the loss of the 25ow from dracs so the only ow i get is from gores

the problem with bows is a good sin makes it hard for u to hit him with it, and 12k dmg traps without tgod is gg in stunlock

i wont need stack btw he has no facets

7. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

the loss of ow from dracks isnt very big of a deal as sins ususally dont have high life. you will be able to trigger venom with widowmaker and it does have same effect as ow. you can anctually trigger venom before duel..

8. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

wait wait mainaman i think u got confused, venom is on grief .. how would widow trigger it

the only reason the assasin fears the bow is the ow, i use that sometimes vs godly sins i just tele back and rely on ow but most of time its to get them into a chasing and forcing a mistake where they either trying to laytraps or dont have them around then its leap telewhirl gg

9. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

The effects of your main weapon get carried over to your arrows if you switch to your other set of weapons while the arrows are still mid-air.

It doesn't need to be the OW. I've made a bunch of annoying defensive trappers fear me with plain Venom and the power of the arrows (which btw is quite weak).

10. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

11. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned