Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvC vs Ghost

Discussion in 'PvP' started by bballguy, May 9, 2008.

1. bballguy

bballguy Banned

BvC vs Ghost

Hi there

Seriously, who do you think is going to win? At first glance, i thought bvcs own ghosts, however, i realized ghosts have claw block and quite huge dr, where as barbs have no block at all.

Opinions?

2. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Re: BvC vs Ghost

any half decent BvC will slaughter all but the very best of Ghosts, and even the best Ghosts expect to lose to a BvC.

a BvC is a Ghosts hardest matchup by a very large margin.

3. xxxkillerxxx

xxxkillerxxx IncGamers Member

The defense makes up for no block. More life, much more damage and most importantly better mobility and range = autowin if you dont suck at whirling.

Even on hacked realms with gear that normally doesnt exist wwsins lose to barbs that dont even whirl well lol.

4. TienJe

TienJe IncGamers Member

well equipped ghosts using fort and eth claws can give most bvc's a run for their money, but when the bvc's equalize things with a fort on their end (or a storm shield), the duel undoubtedly tips in their favor.

you'll have a better time trying to kill a bvc with a widowmaker, though its still a tough duel. there are some videos in the ghost guide posted here.

5. xxxkillerxxx

xxxkillerxxx IncGamers Member

How do you die to a n00b with fort haha? Just spam mb+traps until he switches to enigma, if he uses fort in the first place he most likely can't threaten you with ww either.

6. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

we're talking about Ghosts, not hybrids.

killing a BvC with base level traps and mindblast will probably require more mana than you can carry.

7. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Ghosts do like 1fire trap damage?
    mb on a barb with dr switch only does abit too.. the bvc will get ya before the mb gets him.

8. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

then lay out some pots

barb using fort against ghost loses. period.
    mb, stun, widow.

9. aoaa

aoaa IncGamers Member

Lawl.......

10. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

This thread is kinda funny.

standard bvc should win vs standard ghost 5-0 pretty much.

Im gonna go on a limb and theorycraft that fort wwsins can defeat standard bvc setups and imho this is not true only to d2pk, eth glitch claws and rare ed%/fools claws (there have been some in the hands of collectors) do exist on closed bnet and a good build can produce surprisingly high damage imo, without all those "extra" mods found on d2pk claws, however the wwsin does need very good whirl control and nonteleporting defensive trap tactics, given average gameplay it is still in the bvc's favor although a winnable duel through good gameplay. One thing thats often overlooked when comparing d2pk vs bnet is that the barbs on d2pk are significantly stronger than the vast majority of bvcs seen on bnet. I have not had the luxury of having such a wwsin on closed bnet but because of my understanding of game mechanics and the quality of bvcs I have experienced in my time on closed bnet and having seen the claws collectors had at one point or another on closed bnet.. I believe its more than possible. This is my opinion.

However even though its "possible" I dislike fort wwsins for a few reasons:

problem is once the bvc puts on a fort its once again in the bvc's favor.
    a larger problem is using a fort is very nonpractical aside from controlled 1v1 duels as fort wwsins suck for everything besides bvcs and other wwsins.

wwsin could put on enigma and widow to counter fort barb but then barb can put enigma back on and you have a c/c switch widowmaker sin which needs to be very defensive and on point to not get caught by a bvc, not in the wwsins favor at all although possible to win through guided l8z.

On the flip side if the bvc chooses to put on a widowmaker vs a fortsin, this pretty much means the barb will win unless he does something wrong. If widowmaker is included as a tactic used by both sides to counter fort setups we once again have the enigma wwsin vs enigma bvc duel in which case.. the barb will win. (unless you are dealing with d2pk type claws, in which case a enigma wwsin can beat an enigma bvc)

bva or bvb should win 5-0 vs bnet wwsins regardless of if they use fort or enigma. max block stormshield on barb is just harsh for wwsins.

Really barbs are just bad for wwsins, unless you vastly outgear/outplay your opponent you will likely lose each time.

hybrids are better vs barbs as long as there is no sorb involved, and w/s trappers are much much better under the same 1 piece sorb circumstances.
    widowmaker sin will defeat bvcs but its a l8zfest for the sin and not a simple duel either if the bvc is good, and also the barb can choose to town.