Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvC vs FCers...

Discussion in 'PvP' started by bballguy, May 18, 2008.

1. bballguy

bballguy Banned

BvC vs FCers...

Hey all

We all know the bvc is among the "best" in pubs along with hdins, windies, etc.

However, i understand windyies have Cyclone armor to negate fc zons, wwhere as hammers are pallys, and pallys r easy to stack res and sorb, so therefore pally can even sorb fc zons since pallies are flexible with gear changing.

However, What do bvcs do when they see a fc zons come into a pub game? BvCs cant really sacrifice gear for res and sorb can they?

EDIT: Can BvCs win vs high def smiters using exile?

2. Xephyr

Xephyr IncGamers Member

Re: BvC vs FCers...

No, impossible to win against a good smiter wearing exile. Lifetap = autojuv.

As for fc zons, just stack and sorb them to hell. It may cripple your fcr/dmg but who cares, you are invincible to their attacks.

3. bballguy

bballguy Banned

wow, so high def smiters own bvcs?

4. Borje

Borje Banned

If the smiter is a skilled player, yes! Taking advatage of your range 3 BA's and utilizing Widowmaker will make it possible to beat the non-pro smiters. Clipping with lots of OW will make it possible to chip the life away. However, smiters are a really hard match up!

As for CS zons: Tgods, Whisp and some LR SCs to stack over their Griffons+Thunderstroke+Facets and you are good to go!

5. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

is there a good pvp smiter guide on these forums?

6. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

7. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

:3
    Bvc has huge advantage over fc zons. Along with sins to keep them in lock.
    A windy's cyclone armor can only tank.. 1? barely 2 cs.

8. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

i kan dank a zillion

9. ephik

ephik IncGamers Member

only with tgods i can tank enough fc cs to kill them

10. xxxkillerxxx

xxxkillerxxx IncGamers Member

Barbs are better vs fc than hdins/druids. Just make sure you got some stacked lightres (you dont want to get below 75 after anya and their ~40-50 -res from griffons/tstroke/facets etc) or you might die sometimes. Just teleport on top of them and shortwhirl around them (not back and forth over) and you'll avoid the few cs they'll actually get off between hit/block/dodge animations. You know you do it right when they cry absorb cause they see themselves attacking client-side but serverside they're actually in recovery-animation hehe.

The only thing that matters vs smiters is how good they are. I know zaka smiters that are harder than 99% of exile dito, so high def+exile isn't autowin. Only the really good ones can beat top barbs but yeah, pallies and necs > barbs.

11. churinga

churinga IncGamers Member

I think vs good smiters, a Widowmaker is a must. If they don't tele, only charging, that's easier. Just put on lots of FRW gears/charms, spam the GA with Widowmaker (Nef'd). They won't get a chance to trigger Life Tap on you. If they tele, you need much better skill -- predict their movement, and switch back to Zerkers to WW away from their tele direction. But still, GA is a must, IMO.

12. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

which ones better for light absorb wisp or tgods?

I always thought wisp because tgod is integer absorb no?

13. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Tgods is a nice belt with some light absorb, can't hurt to switch it on when fighting some lightning based builds. Wisp is generally more drastic and a lot more BM in my opinion.

14. jaxz

jaxz IncGamers Member

I would suggest not to wear wisp versus fc. Most fc has a bobarb hidden somewhere, and once buffed, they have huge defense.

Actually i find tgods alone is enough. Just wear your tri-resist boots + tgods + some 20/5s or 20/11s, and weapon switch to your dual doomz, you can dodgelock them till they die. If you find their defense too high, then you don't forget to chant with limb before you engage battle. IF their defense are still too high, then you have got to play the hf flash trick. Weapon switch to your dual doomz and freeze them, then quickly switch back again and whirl them with griefz/beastz. Very hassle, unless you can get an enchantress in. I do have and Enchantress and 2 cd keys, so not an issue with me.

@killer
    Actually, my libby does well versus fc'ers. I have 90 light resist passive, and 95 light resist actice, and my libby is purely gm, has not a single light sorb on him. Just equip yourself a grief pb, desynch near them and smite 'em with light resist aura on, it is as easy as you would with a barb.

For versus smiters, they are tough. Sometimes you may not win them even if you have a full inventory of 32020s. Life-tap with 60k def is just too tough. Charms manipulation is important, like logging in with your 2nd cd key a set of ar/vita gcs. But if all are too troublesome, then just log in your libby. Problem solve.

15. churinga

Both dual-doomz and enchant from demon limb are as much BM as using wisp... IMO

For vs 60k def smiter, just give widowmaker a try. GA is "always hits", so def is of no use.

16. jaxz

jaxz IncGamers Member

It is just a pub game. Let's not talk about gm here. fc'er themselves aren't considered gm in us west nl nm clan pvp already. Besides, fc'er aren't the top choice for a gm us west nl rules 4v4. It is just a game. In terms of coinz taking, 2 wrongs do not make a right. But in terms of using another char to boost performance is questionable.

The fact is, I am more concern about the fc'er using a bobarb to boost her defense. With the extra def, dodges, max block and max dr, no bvc can win a fc'er. Is this even considered gm I ask you?

However I can tell you, fc'er are very much defeated if the barb is careful enough. Wearing Wisp just makes the barb invulnerable. So no need the extra wisp. No need to enchant either. Besides, which bvc do not use dual doomz in pubbys here? It is just a plus to freeze her, no hassle of stash trips imo. But if she got bo'ed, and partied a hdin, then having ravens for more ar is advisable, than having some lightning invulnerability. Besides, the wide radius of holy freeze is useful versus desynching hammerdins. This is my pub experience on West.

17. churinga

My BvC does not use doomz :p but mainly because i cannot afford them. lolz

I definitely think using another char to enhance the main duel char is a cheat and is 100% BM, no doubt.

18. jaxz

jaxz IncGamers Member

I see, that must have taken lots of effort! It is not easy to defeat a cs zon who use script to boost her performance, especially if she has gmod on. It usually take a lot of courage to defeat such zons with a barb without trying to bm back. All the best, hope to see you soon.

19. xxxkillerxxx

xxxkillerxxx IncGamers Member

Tgods is better. 10% max res and 20% absorb gives same reduction, but tgods also have added +integer absorb which is really good vs mass-low-dmg-attacks like cs.

Widowmaker is suicide vs good smiters, doesn't really help vs mediocre ones either.

Of course they're easy for any pally with grief. Especially with 95 res lol. How is that "gm" on west ahahah? Alot of people here cry over 90 res even though that's usually accepted among good players.

20. jaxz

jaxz IncGamers Member

Yea, that is gm on west nl. Tgods is the bm item over here. As long as you can Use Lo runes and get 95, no issues here. Of course, as for pally, hammer synergies are sacrificed for 95, so it is balanced out. Druids can use 4Lo Monarch to fight trappers at the sacrificial of mb or fcr, pretty balalced out also.

But anyway, all the GG us west nl top clans were no longer here, no one really cares about rules now. Clans are almost non existance, and for pubs, anything goes. Besides, scripted fc wasn't allowed when the top clans on west were active anyway, so it is pretty reasonable to use even tgods + wisp when fc appear in pubs. Besides, I am not even using tgods to achieve 95 in pubs, I am pretty lenient over here already.

Having 95 to fire or lightning doesn't mean I am invulnerable, I still do take in damage, just a battle of who last longer. If I got ganged by another druids and got stop in my tracks, then 95 wouldn't save me anyway. Zons can really poke fast.

Besides, 95 + 1 wisp doesn't help when an auradin logs in. My 95 is pretty gm actually.