Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvC questions

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Throttle, May 9, 2005.

1. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

BvC questions

Hi. I made a BvC'er, and he's fine and all, but I'm still having lots of trouble with hammerdins and some sorcs. Energy shield sorcs just don't die, and blizzard sorcs kill me in a couple of rains, even with good resists and a raven frost. Hammerdins just do too much damage, and I can't get the hang of that special angle ww. I also have lots of mana problems, especially if I'm in a game where potions aren't allowed. My character looks something like this:

Arreats (Um)
    Enigma breastplate
    398% EBotDZ
    260% BeastZ
    39/15% verdungo's, or T-gods when necessary
    Dracul's Grasp
    Gore Riders
    242/19 Raven Frost
    Angelic combo, sometimes switched for Highlords and Dwarf/Raven

Base str/dex, rest in vita.

~6500 life
    6k def
    10k ar w/angelics, like 6k without
    ww dmg is roughly 1300-4300/700-2100 with BotD/Beast

My charms are a buncha small vita's, two fine small vita's, two shimmering grand charms of sustenance, a 14/15/8 anni and a shimmering large charm of life.

So mainly I'm looking for tips vs. hammerdins and ES-sorcs, a possible solution to my mana problem without making huge item changes, and then I'd like to know if it's worth it to use Magefist and Arach for FCR. I usually fight casters by running up until they are at the edge of my screen, then tele-ww, and namelock-tele-ww until either of us die. I don't know if I should take it slow and let OW do its thing before ww'ing again, but against tele-maniac sorcs who just click-hold tele so that I'll never catch them without a namelock, I find that going fast and head-on is the best way. Can't really catch them once they get their tele-spam going :mad:

2. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

use 2xfcr rings and arch vs all but cold sorcs unless u can stack 350ish cold resist.
    vs cold use 2x ravens and just leap, random long wws (creates desync so u get free hits). while in these long ww's also try to get a namelock for a nice surprise when u tele 2 screens away and rape the sorc.
    pretty easy, just tele wwing, all u have to do is get better at dodging bliz/orb shards.
    other es sorcs, just do the same but u can afford to get hit more compared to bliz, and u get tele 1 frame faster since u dont need ravens. the OW should take care of ES, just hit 1 time, play defensive for bout 8 secs, then go in again.
    another option is switching in 2x um'ed wizzys + 10 more fcr and doing hit and run; works great vs cold sorcs since it is easier to stack with wizzys. ~500 pvp dmg over 8 secs each hit brings down sorcs fast.

hammerdins- easy duel. just ww away from them, in any direction really, but going southward will gaurentee u wont get hit.
    concept is, they have to be near u to hit you, and this is where barbs are superior since you can ww away, get free hits and avoid being hit.
    if they desync u, just constantly ww, changing direction often and occassionally leaping.
    thing about desync is they still have to be near you, but they also run the risk of being desynced themselves which isnt good vs ww.

if the pally is defensive and u dotn want to waste time get a widowmaker (hel'ed, um'ed, or shaeled). this makes the duel easier since they cannot spam hammers unless they want to die to 1k GA + OW.

3. blobs

blobs Banned

u on west nl? bring a hammerdin, nec and sorc and ill fight them and u can watch.

4. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

try and get imp shanks and max res if you dont' already have. Obviously sorcs can be troublesome if you dont' even have maxed res.

5. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

why not use 2x ravens + snowclash + enough cold resist to negate cold mastery in hell. Then the cold sorc wont hurt u at all. Beside, most ppl in pubs dont have max block, (they shoot for more life for dueling other casters) tele and ww u should kill them, or do dod if they try to escape.

6. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

1) Because you dont need it.
    2) Because totally negating someones damage isn't dueling, it's just a waste of time.

7. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

well, if he duels in pubs it can works. Beside, all blizz sorcs i see in pubs use eth bugged 4x 5/5 cold facet monarch. So i think using some absorb does make sense.

Maybe take off one ravenfrost and put a 10fcr resist rare ring or something.

8. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

point is u dont need it.
    bliz already dies with soley 2x ravens.
    w/o any sorb and just stacking, using um'ed wizzys, the duel becomes infinitely easier for the barb sicne u can tank like 20x bliz, tele as fast as the sorc, and deal OW on most hits.

9. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Using that (snowclash+400 stacked+2x ravens) in pubbies is suicide. Sure, the blizzsorc cant harm you but everything else will be way harder.
    Just use 2x ravens. If you duel in pubbies, squelch and insult. If you duel 1v1 and want to be nice if they cry you can use wizzies as luis said. Most of the time they'll want you to switch back pretty fast ^^

Btw; ETH-bugged monarch; WTF?? A few hundred defense more or less is totally useless, and with that shield they have crap block.

10. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

eth prolly for the - requirements.
    and how bout an eth bugged 4 soc monarch of deflect?
    that will prolly work

11. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

doesnt +max resist with some absorb works better than straight absorb?

snowclash + ravenfrost = 35 cold absorb, +15 max cold resist. (90cold resists)
    2x ravenfrost = 40 cold absorb

i dont u think u need spider when u have 2x hoto on switch

12. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Ah true, didn't think of that. Considering how rare 4 socked monarchs of deflection are I doubt there are many duped ethbugged ones around...

13. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

first off u need to make ALOT of sacrifices to achieve the necessary ~350 stacked cold resist to make +max resist work.
    so yeah stacking does reduce their dmg more than 2x ravens, but 2x ravens is easier.

switching weps to ww after u tele on someone will not be able to beat any good dueler, too slow.

14. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

so what are u suggesting? At least achieve 75%fcr? Use silence instead of beast?

15. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

40 fcr is sufficient most of the time.
    vs cold sorc u can do just 20 from arch.
    i.e. bliz sorc > glass cannon

16. jantsa87

jantsa87 IncGamers Member

saw this in a huge BvC thread awhile back. for energy sheild sorcs, put on dual wizy spikes both socketed with um runes, and just touch them to death with open wounds. its kinda bm, but gets to job done if they're being...errr...unsportsmanlike.

17. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

yeah that works, only 1on1 though. if theres more than cold sorcs that gear will screw you.
    so generally its better to go botd/beast+arch+2xraven
    if they cry absorb, throw on 2x wizzy+more cold resist gear and then own them 1on1.
    only problem with that is most ppl will run to town after 2-3 OW durations

18. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Is the whirl speed solid with the 2 wizzies?

19. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

im assuming yes since it was recommended by blobs, but even then its hit and run so it prolly wont make that much of a difference. works well enough for me.
    but if ur going vs aa bliz, its better to use botd/beast/2xraven with massive leaping to aviod getting hit imo. they play too defensive to consistantly get ww's in, so its better to be able to 1 ww pk them. also leaping the right way will effectively keep you from being hit by bliz.

20. blobs

blobs Banned

use the bear morph on beast :D 11k life with a 6 frame paw is nothing to play with, and besides if ur a college or hs student u can play with 1 hand and eat pizza with the other. u wont die in less than five blizzes if u have ravens on and can take like five hammers as well... all u hafta do is namelock people and 80% of the time they end up dead somehow.

on nl we dont have as much a problem with aa blizz as aa hammers, but bear works pretty good cause it ensures u cant die very easily. i usually dont want to pay too much attention during pub pk so if im doing math homework with one hand, the other hand can go around namelock and kill people.

if your using just the regular gear and barb-form vs aa blizz then just teleport to where u think they're going to be, and leap, since you arent ever gonna be able to catch them by following. repeat until u see a knocking animation, and go kill. blizz sorcs usually glass cannon, dies 1 whirl