Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BVC - pts in leap or shout?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by thing, Sep 17, 2006.

1. thing

thing IncGamers Member

BVC - pts in leap or shout?

is it necessary to max shout for a bvc? and what level leap should i aim for?
    also is a pt in increased speed necessary?

thx in advance

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

5-6 pts in Increased speed is pretty good. Results in faster triwhirls. And yes, points in increased speed ARE necessary, or your triwhirls will be too slow.

As for Shout, it SHOULD NEVER be max on a BvC. You should have either 13, 14 or 20 points in Leap. 20 in Axe mastery, Bo, WW and maybe Leap too. 5-6 Nat res, 5-6 increased speed, 1 zerk, rest shout.

Your leap should be AT LEAST lvl 19 with your lowest +skill setup (which will be either 14 or 13 base points)

3. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

most ppl now go for 16 + leap and max it i think BvAs now uses like 13-14 base points.

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

My first BvC atm has 17 base points to Leap (was at 14 but then I leveled up a few times and ended up at lvl 17 on lvl 91 (he's 53/49 built)). My second one has 14 base points in Leap and is pure vitality.

My current one, Mutodori, is 65/49, lvl 91, 20 base points to Leap. However I plan to remake him to 63/57 as soon as I get my drivers re-installed and have some spare time. Then I will try to get better ar/life GCs (gonna shoot for 130-132/38-40), or get a life/mana GC (most likely a 40/50ish).

Oh, and the difference between 17 points and 20 points was noticeable in both TvT and versus bonewall camping boners (as with 17 points I had to be about on-screen for it to take effect, so I was always at danger of being hit by spirits, whereas with base 20 I can be off-screen and leap).

NOTE: The guide I've been writing cannot possibly be out until I've played for at least a few months (most likely 4-6) after getting back on D2. During that time my focus will specially be on different ways to beat different characters.