Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvC problems - Hammerdins and BvB's

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Klæmint Vágadal, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

BvC problems - Hammerdins and BvB's

I have just made a BvC, hes lvl ** with:

CoA Ber 23% DR
    Enigma
    BeastZ
    GriefZ
    Arach
    Dracul's
    Dual Ravne's
    Highlords
    Gore Riders

With this setup I have 9100 AR, 4500 life and around 7800 def.

Hammerdins give me alot of problems and Barbs using SS and Angelics combo. I have a Widowmaker on switch, but I dont think its worh having, I would rather have more life with two 3+BO weapons, is that a good idea? Well, It could just be my skills, this is like the 3. day of dueling:rolleyes: Any gear suggestions for my problem chars?

2. jsyou

jsyou Banned

first you cannot beat a good bvb if he has engima,widow is good for hdins if you can get some free shots for ow dmg and i think your bvc have too low life.

3. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Hammerdins give me alot of problems and Barbs using SS and Angelics combo. I have a Widowmaker on switch, but I dont think its worh having, I would rather have more life with two 3+BO weapons, is that a good idea? Well, It could just be my skills, this is like the 3. day of dueling Any gear suggestions for my problem chars?

Couldn't you prebuff BO before dueling? Then you can have Widow, and a nice BO (at least until you need to BO again).

4. jsyou

jsyou Banned

good bvc dont need prebuff and changing gears is too tedius you can kill hdin with just ow dmg run all day hehe

5. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Pretty hopeless vs BvB

Fort + Widow hammerdin.

6. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

What's your barbs name? I might have fought you just then. (my barb's name was Rive-SoV)

Hammerdins shouldn't be too difficult. Swap CoA for Arreat and use a widowmaker. Spam guided arrow when he's not on your screen, and when he comes for the attack, do long whirl south. Repeat and rinse. You also have to learn how to predict hammerdin's desync and know how to dodge hammer.

Most hammerdins won't give you a problem.

BvBs who does not have enigma, use guided arrow to slowly peck him down.

Against those with Enigma in stash, you practically have no chance unless your gears are truely superior to his.

7. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

firstly a bvc was not meant to take a bvb in a fight as a whirl for whirl fight will always be a lose for a BvC. If u want to have a chance or to win vs BvBs use the widowmaker and snipe him when he is slightly offscreen with the bow and look for any opens for a tele- drive by ww, i.e if the barb runs, cuz this means he loses some block and target whirls like this... basically it can be a long fight as u wear him down with defensive play most of the time rellying on ow + venom and mistakes.

Vs Hammerdins equip forti + bow if they are a tele hammerdin style then simply whirl away from them and leap for knock back so they don't tele ontop of u also use the bow when they are slightly offscreen.

If they desync use long whirls not too long to be predictable and leap alot and use the bow if off screen.

8. Klæmint Vágadal

Jake: Ahh, I remember you, My BvC's name is Decrapitator:smiley:

There was a BvC (Or atleast I think it was) in the game today, and no one could stand a chance against him, dont really know what he used, but two weapons thats for sure. His name was Hax-sync(or something like that).

So for hammers, Forti + Widow:scratch: Im going to try that. Im going to do some baal runs now, and hope that Malah will sell me some Bo spears or knives.

I am using WW as my left click, and tele+bo+Leap as my right, is that the way to go, or schould I switch between tele and WW?

And what is namelock and desync?

BTW; What doses nk mean? :rolleyes:

9. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I like to use fort / arreat (coa if you have the str w/o enigma, nearly impossible) / widow with Doom or two on switch against BvB's. Make sure you have some DS, either from highlord or gores. When they get too close flash your doom out and run far away so you can spam some more. Also, switch out your spider for dungoes. I've used an entire full arrow quiver doing this against a tank bvb, and I managed to kill him with another quiver from zombies. This works only for nontele bvb's. If they tele, just get 40% fcr and tele ga tele ga. Extreme shortage of mana though. Try turning on them suddenly so you get a full hit and they go into the fhr animation. Then repeat tele.

10. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

hehe. nk= naked kill

11. Klæmint Vágadal

Ahhh...I thought its was something like "nOOb kill" :laugh:

12. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Same basic thing, really. :tongue:

13. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

you mentioned 4.5k life? that sounds low to me.
    my current set up still under testing vs hammerdins is guilaumes face+fortitude+ hsarus belt+ boots + ravens and highlords. I have roughly 70%ds, 70% ow, 50% cb. this set up gives me 13k ar, and huge dmg. The downfall is a little less frw, which makes me desynch less. Against desynches though i can get 3 hit kills. This set up also boosts GA dmg immensly.

14. jsyou

jsyou Banned

ga+ fort ww away is very boring.

15. blobswannabe

blobswannabe IncGamers Member

Anti BVB Guide:

1. Attack him when he's boing.
    2. Attack him when he's naked.
    3. Get chantress to chant you and or use conc from a pally.
    4. Use healing pots.
    5. Party someone to help you out.
    6. Get another char and easy him.

BVBers are noobs so they should be countered with noobish tactics.
    I can't remember the last time a bvber actually gave me trouble since I usually make them leave game before they can even finish boing.

16. jsyou

jsyou Banned

get a necro+windy ezpk bvc heh

17. Klæmint Vágadal

mainman: Sounds interesting, but whats so good about the Hsarus items? Can you still kick *** with GriefZ and BeastZ with the Hsarus items on?

Blobs: If everything elese fails, I will take youre advice :grin:

And btw; Is it right to use WW as left click and Tele+Bo+Leap as right? I really wanna do I rignt from the start so I dont get a bad habbit:undecided:

18. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

Also another one if a nec is there get it to use amp.

Use this advise if a BvB is giving trouble or trying to bully u :grin:

hsarus boots + belt gives ar bonuses like angelics

Edit i noticed that as well 4.5k hp, thats pretty low for a BvC

no WW is on the right as well bezerk or conc is on the left click this is because WW on left reduces the chances of accidental namelock WWs and doing a normal attack instead at close range.

19. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

You should either swap your Boots and belt from Hsarus ones (gives 10 ar per lvl, totals at ~+5200 at your lvl), or use Angelic rings and amulet.

If you have played on a BvC for three days, don't get depressed for losing so easily.

Also, how the hell do you have so low life? You sure you got those 20 life scs in your stash? That should already net you close to 6k life even if you bo with Widowmaker.

However, you should NEVER bo with widowmaker, unless you are in a TvT. I won't even bother explaining that it cannot count as a prebuff if you re-do your bo with the current gear BEFORE swapping them.

I think you mean WW on right?

Also, having WW on left would force you to have shift down all the times, reducing your hotkeying capabilities. Also, as said, you will end up doing bad whirls that way.

And if you have WW on left, you will NEVER be able to get a namelock with your right mouse button, so you will have to do all the namelocking on the left too.

However, some people find it hard that their main button will be the right one. You will get used to it in some time, unless you've just stopped from a 100-years long marathon of CS.

20. marcello

marcello Banned

:grin: :grin:

But I thought all people who had some brains went from CS to d2 :scratch: