Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvC, is raven a must?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by mystified, Apr 21, 2008.

1. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

BvC, is raven a must?

after some thinking i decided not to go for raven, losing dex and AR was a big blow tho....

but since cbf is hardly needed on a BvC, it just provided rather nice AR, 40% sorb, and 40 dex.

but by switching to 10FCR rings, I can opt in Hsaru's for more ar, and 10FR ring will have stats/mana/res that I will need. or even gore + blood belt for some nice OW action

would this be viable solution?

2. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

Re: BvC, is raven a must?

The best solution would be, of course, to find fcr rings with dex/ar. Perhaps not an easy or inexpensive option, but well worth it. Using hsarus belt/boots would only further cripple your bvc imo. Arach + Ravens or other rings/Gore > Fcr rings + hsarus belt/boots by far... Iirc, the only time I swapped to fcr rings was when I needed to put on verdungos vs druids and the like, and for team duels. It's been a while since I played at all, let alone my bvc, so some of my info might be slightly skewed. If this forum's present batch of users still idolizes bvcs like they used to though, you'll be getting a better opinion soon =)

3. shanelee

shanelee IncGamers Member

If you use hisaru set you also miss out the massive dmg from gores.
    and you will be 1 shot or nearly 1 shot by any decent blizz sorc.

10fcr rings are very overrated on bvc, imho. If you stat your barb around fcr stat rings you are pretty much stuck with them. In the cases where you need to put on angelic rings, you will have no choice (any decent paladin really).

4. xxxkillerxxx

xxxkillerxxx IncGamers Member

2 ravens, arach and gores/resboots are the best default gear. Fcr rings + hsarus would be nice if there were no cold sorcs around. I like to just switch in hsarus in games with alot of pallies/barbs where 20fcr is enough.

Stat bvc? Huh? How do you get 40/63 fcr with dracs without fcr rings?

5. shanelee

shanelee IncGamers Member

I dont need fcr if I use drac (melee duels, or hdin)
    I am just saying fcr str/dex rings are useless for bvc, all vit bvc should go with fcr/life/mana/res, stated bvc cant switch to other rings if stated around the ring.

6. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

No 10 fcr/life/mana rings are usefull to have as u can wear dungos vs druids with trangs to hit 40% fcr although raverns should not be left out as ravens + hsarus and HL is actually a strong setup vs hammerdins and smiters

however fcr rings

7. xxxkillerxxx

xxxkillerxxx IncGamers Member

Dracs are basically vital vs high es sorcs, and help alot vs necs/druids/everything else. Statted barbs suck but I doubt people stat them around fcr rings except some clueless players who want to use fcr rings with widow lol :laughing: