Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvC barb's ugly matchup?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by soc, May 20, 2005.

1. soc

soc Banned

BvC barb's ugly matchup?

What char does the best against a bvc barb (has the highest win %)? Why do they do the best? What would be the runner-up char?

OT: Is "Corrupt" a good name for my pvper :p

2. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Bone necro? Hammerdin? Those are the two builds that cause me the most problems :)

HoD

3. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Bone Necro = Barb Killer IMO

Also heard that BvB barbs do well Vs. BvC barbs..for..obvious reasons..

4. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

Hmm summoners are probalby the hardest if you don't have a life tap wand but if you do they are pretty easy.

That leaves bone necs and hammerdins. or good elemental builds if barb doens't stack or absorb.

And of course the only class they really have no chance against is a godly bvb barb. But i manage to kill most of them by attacking them while they bo. Also bringing any non barb char is a good way of scaring these guys off.

5. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

[/QUOTE]And of course the only class they really have no chance against is a godly bvb barb. But i manage to kill most of them by attacking them while they bo. Also bringing any non barb char is a good way of scaring these guys off.[/QUOTE]

Now that is really pathetic.

6. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

the best char against barb is either bone necro or liberator, possibly smiter. (not pure hammerdin, they do nothing to barb) Barb does the best job killing everyone if u are good at it. (which is hard to expert) Thats why most ppl in pubs dont play barb or just dont know how to ww.

hybrid bone/summoner will totally kill barb if ur char is well-geared.

7. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

How is a liberator a better idea than a pure hammerdin? It isn't like it's a good idea to charge ww barbs most of the time.

The problem with a "hybrid bone/summoner" is that, they don't really exist as far as I've seen, what you usually see are pure bone necs that use marrows so they naturally have enough points to go and get skellies/revives/mastery for 1 point wonders. Meaning they're usually used as lazy bm tools to invoke once the nec gets rolled a couple times. Therefor, if the nec wants to play that game, the barb can put his own marrows on, sm, leap in place, and wait for the right opportunity to tele+zerk. (If it's a proper bm nec using im and maybe walls, that is.)

8. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

For the last time people, the "marrow bug" was confirmed to be a hidden feature, not a bug.
    ANY charge adds synergies as long as you don't have any skill points in the skill of the charge...

And what's with "BM"...Anything nowadays is "bm"...
    As far as I care "Bad Manners" would include anything that would make a duel extremely unfair and one sided or just take all the fun out of it, such as:
    - Naked Killing
    - Townguarding
    - Attacking during Precasts casting
    - Town jumping and hogging
    - Using Hacks
    - Tons of sorbing gear, wich will mostly negate all of a char's dmg... then it's just "hunting"...

Using a hidden feautre wich adds 1K dmg (remember you still have to account for PvP's penalty) isn't exactly making a duel with chars that usually have well over 3K life, one sided...just a little more fair...

so what if you get points to spend in those skills? you pay for it for not beeing able to use Bone Prison (charges are very expensive, a PvP char would quickly run out of money, specially if he has gear to repair)
    Anyone could prefer to boost Bone Armour more, and get a bigger melee armour..Or get poison skills..

If you wanna "cry" than tele + WW is bad manners, and maxing resists is bad manners...and any sorb at all is bad manners...btw, not beeing a completely inanimate bullseye for the other guy is bm...

9. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

Err..wow heh, not the kind of reaction I was expecting but ok then..

Would you care to refer to where I stated that I thought it was a bug?

Also, if you noticed, I never said there was anything bad mannered about the damage bonus you receive by utilizing marrows.

It's nice that you stated what you yourself find qualifies for "bm", however you do understand that there are other people out there and they themselves may have some additional or different ideas on the subject? Say for example, a necro using PI revives vs a barb, now what did you say about "wich will mostly negate all of a char's dmg"?

So what indeed? I hardly call stating what I see in pubs in black and white, crying. It has nothing to do with my opinion, I just call it as I see it, and I stated that, but you seemed to go off on a personal tirade. Don't get confused. =/

10. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

What's pathetic is the retards who get their bvb-barb after their whole pvp-account has been humiliated by a bvc-er. "brb" more?

Liberators suck. Charge is worthless vs barbs. Hammerdins are way better, good barbs can tank most liberators due to slow cast+crap dmg.
    Bone/summoners are a joke. Either laugh 3 minutes and kill them or bm back with magic immune revives+lifetap+slow missiles.

Generator Of Chaos: I dont think anyone complains about marrows. What mrJ states is that necs with summons are completely physical immune. Add iron maiden to that (which most "summoners" use) and you cant get more bm vs barbs. As I said; lifetap+slow missiles takes care of that. Magic immune revives are nasty too...

11. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

Drat, I knew I missed something, gogo eternity

12. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

morotsjos: hmmm u sure? cuz i always see lovely using his liberator beat many hammerdins and he also has good dmg and fcr. i dont how well liberator will against barbs though.

i dont think bone/summoners are a joke. They most likely putting iron madien on u then u will have to wait til the curse expire or u cant do ww, cuz if u hit one his skillies, u will take heavy beat. With minion stacking bug if i think it might cause u extra care to take on them.

Well, i dont know if u use life tap can save ur not.

13. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

We were talking about liberators vs ww barbs, not other hammerdins.

If a nec does that, you leap, use marrow lifetap, slow missle, magic immune revive charges, tele+zerk. You bm back with extreme prejudice (If you even need to do all that, probably not), especially if they use wizgloves (west) and spam wall+im in addition to using PI revives and the like. No mercy for those that try to render you harmless and let you kill yourself with your own attacks.

14. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

There is nothing particularly BM with getting your opponent to kill themselves. ;)

15. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

Fair enough, I should've worded that better. >_>

16. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Thats because he's a better desyncher/player than his opponents. Liberators vs pure hammerdins is a very one-sided duel if both players are equally good. Think about it, you can NEVER charge a hammerdin. The pure hammerdin has more fcr+DAMAGE, hence he will always have an advantage in this matchup.
    The same applies vs barbs, you cant charge barbs, hence more fcr+damage is better.

Iron maiden is effectively cancelled out by lifetap. If you have magic immune revives you can just tele/zerk him without getting hit (your revives will eat his bonespells). Leap knocks him away from his summons. Or just wait 3 minutes and kill him...

Nope, but being immune to your opponents attack is bm in my book =)
    He actually said just that.

17. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

There is nothing particularly BM with nking people as you please it's only a matter of opinion if you think otherwise you are a geek.

18. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

"BM" is a myth. It is completely arbitrary with the exception, perhaps, of naked killing and using cheating hacks like auto-aim that compromise the intended function of the game and gain an unfair advantage.

19. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Agreed. Unless of course that is the nature of the matchup. Like a pure FoHer against a Windy, the Windy is essentially immune. But I digress, I do agree with you.

You cease to be competing or dueling when you nk unless this is some weird nking contest that I've never heard of. If you are dueling then nking is pretty much BM in every definition I've ever heard that was remotely reasonable. By the way, if you think otherwise you are pubby trash. Because, well, I said so.

Pretty much. Completely negating an attack though can be argued both ways. You could say it is BM because you cease to be competing since there is no chance for the opponent to win regardless of skill or you could say that it is the negated player's fault for choosing a negatable build.

I have a slew of other personal rules I follow, but I don't expect anyone else to follow them.

20. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Indeed.

All builds are negatable due to minion stacking with revives who can be physical/magical/elemental immune... Pointless duels anyone? =)

Speederländer: We've already been over that once and you do have a point.
    However, total negation of someones attack isn't dueling, just waste of time.