Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BVC barb weaknesses

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by NickaliskTrent, May 14, 2008.

1. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

BVC barb weaknesses

What weaknesses do BVC barbs have? I've heard that a good smiter or bone necro give them a lot of trouble. My question is what builds do they not go toe to toe with (if any).

This is not a "best char thread," I'm looking for a counter (more or less) to a bvc barb with immaculate gear.

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: BVC barb weaknesses

Biggest trouble when its gm duel is hammerdins.
    second is probably smiter.. or maybe necro/windy.

3. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

what exactly makes the hammerdin hard? Is it only desynch hammerdins?

Also, are these hard matches "even?" or does one class or the other go in with an advantage?

I was under the impression that a geared-out BVC could go into any 1v1 pvp situation against and equally geared opponent and go toe to toe (outcome decided more by luck/skill)

4. SlyFox

SlyFox IncGamers Member

My fury/rabies druid does pretty well against most bvc's. I only loose to the really good ones.

5. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

reg pub hammerdins are not hard really, but well played ones dominate bvc's,
    bone nec with block is more than what a bvc can deal with.

6. xxxkillerxxx

xxxkillerxxx IncGamers Member

Pallies/necs. That's it. Necs (assuming no summons/cheats) are **** to counter barbs, hdins work but telesmiter or v/t is faster.

15-16k magic damage, 15k+ defense and awesome hit/block recovery combined with desynch and fast tele makes them really hard. They don't even need desynch most of the time, good pure tele hdins have no problems with 95% of barbs.
    Barbs CAN go toe-to-toe with anything 1v1 but if chars that already have class advantage (pallies/necs) decide to play ugly (medi, 100% desynch, defwhore, summons etc etc) you will have to play better to win.
    Few classes perform as good overall as barbs though, in both pubs and 1v1. They only really die much when they are playing aggressive, if you defwhore like most other n00bs using other classes you wont die much.

Shapeshifters in all variants are by far easier than anything else to kill with barb. Period.

7. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

biggest weakness=someone with max block

8. devildriver

devildriver IncGamers Member

My fury/rabies kills a lot of bvc's aswell. It's the BvB's that are hard.

9. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

These "weakness" matchups, are they dependant on skill or must the barb have better gear to win?

10. Skullbash

Skullbash IncGamers Member

11. shanelee

shanelee IncGamers Member

that barb made so many long ww right through the wolf lol.
    not a good example.

12. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

fast necros, desynching haaaaaaaaaaaaaaamderins.

13. xxxkillerxxx

Thanks for proving my point. When barbs played by mentally challenged n00bs give supposedly "good" wolves like kiba a run for their money you know barb>shaper lol.

No top barb in europe (around 10 I know of) ever lost a series of duels to any shapeshifter, dual wield or not. Matches are completely onesided, 5-0, 10-0 and 20-0/1 is the normal result. And that's only barbs I know personally, I'm sure there are maybe 20-30 more who could do the same. It's not hard. I refuse to believe barbs on all other realms suck, you just need to duel some good ones. Of course barbs with -11 psn res will lose, especially if they play like the clown in the video.

I prefer dual wielding vs shapers btw, twice amount of hits is better than some block that won't matter much if you know how to whirl correctly.

Mainly "skill", especially vs necs and pallies. As long as you have decent gear you'll be fine, there's no need to outgear them. Just focus on the vitals, get a 39x grief, an ok beast, 3x dr coa and some max/ar/life gcs (or ar/lifers if you're really poor). Usually cheaper to get good weapons instead of good damage charms, just use your brain and you'll get a good enough barb way cheaper than most other chars.

14. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

hehe , thats some bvc...
    shapeshifter can't beat decent bvcs consistently, if at all
    The one that I dueled last, and claimed was good, died in shame.
    Strategy was to hit me and run waiting for poison to drain me, guess what happend , nl tele ww, while he was running away. Then I decided to play like a noob too ,so I grabbed widowmaker and started rinning around while sniping him with ga, that mixed with ice tele-ww's, to sum it up he got spanked.

15. saellison

saellison IncGamers Member

The two classes BvC's seem to have the most trouble with are hammerdins and necros as previously mentioned. I have a maxblock bone necro and I have fought a couple decent BvC's that actually knew what they were doing and had 3/20/20's. I pretty much always won although I did actually have to pay attention to what I was doing as compared to the crap BvC's that just explode.

Probably your best bet against a maxblock bone necro is being able to predict were they will tele since they are fast and aside from shooting a couple spirits won't stay still for very long. Even if you can predict where to WW, bone armor and golem stack can basically tank your WW and aside from poison/open wounds you won't hurt the nec. If the nec decides to play BM you might as well just leave him alone because you will get IMed and most likely WW yourself to death on his bone prison/wall or revives.

16. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

i have a pure fury wolf and every bvc that i have come acorss has fallen too him so dont rite the wolves off too easily. especialy as with pure fury you get more life ar and have no reason to run away.

17. xxxkillerxxx

Prediction/intercept teleww works wonders vs druids and sorcs but is really bad vs necs. Invisible spirits everywhere = no ty and as you said a single ww pass wont hurt anyway. Best strategy is fast leap->tele/ww mixed with zerklocks. With 63+ fcr it's possible to win 30-50%+ even vs really good necs. Unless they play ugly hehe.

Europe? Account? I'll hook you up with some barbs that don't suck.
    There are NO easier chars for a barb to beat than shapeshifters. Pure fury is even easier since you won't have to worry about getting hit a few times or switch gear to negate rabies.

@mainaman: just use some max psn res and ignore rabies completely. Nl teleww can actually hurt vs a few really good hybrids. Then again maybe you don't play to win, I normally just use standard gear (bad res, 39 dr) to make it fair lol.

18. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

BvC weaknesses:
    -no block
    -lower defense
    -lack of minion stack
    -Physical damage (IM)

A BvB should always win against a BvC with equivalent gear.