Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvC ammy: good rare/craft vs highlords

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by 72_5, May 27, 2005.

1. 72_5

72_5 IncGamers Member

BvC ammy: good rare/craft vs highlords

Any opinions on using say an ammy with close to these mods: 2 baba skills 7% dual leech, 20 vita, 20 fire cold psn res and 49 lite res (some may have seen an ammy very similar to these stats before ;) ) vs highlords?

2. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

id choose highlords since ds = faster kill. anyways the only useful mods on that ammy is the slight life boost. resist dont really matter much because barbs should have max resist in hell with even some stack anyways.

3. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

Ll, ml are useless in pvp, in rest is preety close to Mara`s (skills, stats, rezists), if u have high %ds (eDC, gores) is a better option than Highlord`s. Other than that, Highlord`s is better.

4. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

On USEast we have:

+2 barb
    10 frw
    19 str
    20 dex
    59 life
    57 mana

I would still use Highlord's

5. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia IncGamers Member

hmmmm, now where have i seen that before lol, yea, use highlords, personally, i think the stats on highlords are better than the stats on gore riders, use it to your advantage

6. 72_5

72_5 IncGamers Member

Heh, the ammy I mentioned is on east.

Edit: forgot to say: yes i will use highlords :)

7. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

highlords, if anyone tells you otherwise, slap them.

ex. recently someone told me my barb was noob cuase i used highlords. reasoning: the east duped barb ammys (like the one listed previously) is worth more than highlords.
    too bad his dmg suxed without highlords so he got gg'ed by all the good casters while it was the otherway around for me.

8. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Pfft, I'm noob since I use one 18 dex raven, arach (LOLOL ARACH ON BARB/LOLOL CANT AFFORD BUGBELT??), 407% botd (LOLOL 407 BOTD CANT AFFORD BETTER?) and 152% def arreats (like def matters in bvc... ).
    Gogo iq<70...

Edit: Yay, 600 posts, time to stop ^^

9. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

I think 2barbskill/30str/20dex/20all res/tele charges amulet is >>>>>> than the mere Higlord.

10. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

you are wrong. :lol:

but really you are.
    33%Deadly Strike > all those mods for a barb. period.

11. Dad Daniel

Some people are OW adicted, other about the deadly strike, but there is no point to go over some quantities on them. They simply work enough frequetly even on lower numbers.
    Besides your statement have no grounds, if the barb has already chance of doing double damage over 56%.

12. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

without highlords, you're physical dmg will be too low.
    ow oriented dual wield barbs do nearly the same dmg as rends barbs, diff is using dracs over rends.
    in that case highlords will work just as well with an OW build. fury/beast single wield builds are a different story, but vs casters/all you need to only use botd or grief + beast.

and 33% ds is far more effective than 1+ more skill, +stats/resist could ever do for a barb considering that your life is already high and resists are easily maxed/stacked with a barb. also i believe the 20ias on highlords allows you to reach the last breakpoint for zerk which is very useful and fun. even if you already have ds/cs, adding highlords will drastically improve your killing speed.

ex - assuming 22% CS from skill, and only ds from gores (setup is botd/beast, nigma, arch, dracs)
    that leaves you with: .298 chance of double dmg

however if you add highlords that brings ur chance of double dmg to: .5554 chance of double dmg

in otherwords your statement has no grounds. having that much ds already on a barb doesnt mean more wont do anything. run the numbers, adding 33% more deadly will increase your chance quite a bit. and how did you come up with that number anyways.

13. Dad Daniel

Maybe i am a little bit "adicted" too, but in my case - about the ETH Death cleaver in the PvP fights. :D
    I prefer it than the BotD (not only because the price), but i actually have more thrust in %deadly strike coming from my source of damage (the weapon), not from my boots for example...
    Ant i concluded this percentage from the experience with my old sc bowazon - she was with 10 lvl critical strike (56 %) and she was doing double damage significantly more often than once from 2 hits (as i remmember maybe 4 from 5 is more accurate). Maybe this is a bug, but now even not maxing my DC i like the way my barb hits with not so high numbers.
    I think only the Crushing blow needs really big numbers to work.... (this is sugestion coming from my game experience).

14. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

observed values can be extremely scewed (as in your case) if you do not how how things work.

ds/cs work the same regardless if they are on weapon or off weapon, they just add up differently.
    ie. if you have 22 critical and 10 ds, you have 22 chance of critical then a 78% chance of 10% ds.

cb isnt that useful for pvp, its only somewhat effective vs high life builds and for say taking the last silver of life on a ES sorc.

also % work as they are listed. if its 20% to do something, its 20%, not something else just becasue you dont see it 20% of the time every time.

15. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

HIGHLORD OWNS that crafted/ duped ammy period.
    30+ deadly strike>>>>>>>>>>> all those other mods.......
    resist can be easily maxed by a barb. the extra +skills is not that important either.

16. Dad Daniel

Actually i know pretty well the correct formula - it is well explained in the Arreat summit.
    Officially deadly strike from everywhere on your gear is equal, but i have some information that DS on weapons is calculated as CS from skill (simply adding to you CS%!!). I don't know that is this true, but some my friends are sure about that.

17. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

its not true. so yeah, highlords pwnts rares bad. very badly.

18. mcm

mcm Banned

Actually luis, if you had a rare ammy w/ lots of tele charges (i think the max is 30ish charges, so its not so plausible), you could wear Fortitude and that would be MUCH better than enigma/highlords, at least while you still had tele charges...

1) Free teleport
    2) 25% fcr from fort = 9 frame cast w/ arach and rings
    3) 300% ED from fort > 33% DS, since 300% ed would make up around 1/3 of the barbs total ED, and especially so if you already have DS from other gear (boots, weapon) and a good level mastery (CS).
    4) 30% resist all more
    5) Way more defense

19. mcm

mcm Banned

The way you say that is misleading:

You have a chance to perform CS, for a barb this is the chance listed in your mastery. If you DO NOT perform CS, then you have a chance to perform DS, the sum of all DS properties from the items you use.

Quad damage is not possible, though what you said implies that it is.

20. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

bah u know what i mean, its in the faq too.
    also i realized i only counted 10 DS from gores.

and a tele ammy woudlnt be that good, someone could exploit that and play defensive till you're low on charges. also if you're out of gold u gotta switch back to nigma.