Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvB vs. BvC barb question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by d00m2k, Oct 2, 2006.

1. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

BvB vs. BvC barb question

I've been fooling around on my computers in open Bnet, testing BvC builds against BvBs (both level 99).

From what I've found, the few more points in Shout and 19 more points into Iron Skin don't make that much of a difference in % chance to hit. In fact, when I allowed both chars max block, it was a toss up as to who won (about even at 20 duels).

I also saw that if the BvC uses a 5 range weapon like he's fighting a smiter (constantly whirling away, or trying to clip), with PERFECT play, he can win vs. BvB + max block. The extra few points into increased speed that most BvCs have helps a lot with this. Although a single mistake usually meant insta-death with no block, by using enigma you can sometimes get out of the sticky situations.

I'll test some more if either of these theories hold up in real play rather than theorycraft and open Bnet testing. Nevertheless, still interesting...

2. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Yeah I think my EBOTD GPA would work wonders on a BvC. I think I might test it with my axe barb since it has low reqs. I'll just lose out on a mastery. This has been talked about before, but little testing seems to have been done seriously. My druid loves the 5 range against casters, but of coarse has Grief/SS on switch for melee.