Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvB/Melee Guide?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Majiin, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Majiin

Majiin IncGamers Member

BvB/Melee Guide?

is there any?, i've been looking through the guide sticky and they look like they're all BvC builds

i'm wondering if i have too much STR (105 base at the moment), gonna wear duress for melee duels

2. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

The best way to kill a barb in barb vs barb is

off ladder-to use a large amount of open wounds95%, really good prebuff shout/bo, and 6k life with 20k ar.

On ladder- Some thing diffent I dont have a barb on ladder and what not so I wouldnt know.

That was just the short of it.

3. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

well, heres my bvb-baba:

he uses ow damage over pure physical, and has a mean defense and kicky ar to deliver that ow :)

gear:
    Beast Ba
    Duress Sacred armor (and eth sacred duress for the nasty duels)
    Upped Arreat(ith-socket)
    Stormshield(7dex/11% dgtm socket)
    Upped Gores
    Verdungos 39/15
    angelic combo (dual rings)
    25 ow gloves

his inventory is filled with mastery gc's with life, which means i get a very nice boost to defense and ar. also have anni ofc and ar/life (not max/ar/life) sc's and some with def/life
    I have str for gear/dex for block/rest in vita. the ith and jwl in storm gives me mana so that i can keep ww'ing and wont run out of mana in duels.
    skillwise i have max bo/shout/mastery/ww and maxin iron skin. i dont use any points in inc speed/stamina cause you really dont need it in bvb, and im a sucker for defense :)
    hes in the middle of a rebuild, so i can post life/def/ar, but i think its something like this: 26k def/22k ar/5k life with eth sacred my def was something like 32-33k :)

4. jjashik

jjashik IncGamers Member

i haven't been too active in the bvb scene lately but i know that most of the gg bvbers frown down on duress. but alot of them bvbers don't play anymore. duress is a nice armor to use for bvb, but i'd rank eth valor higher than duress any day. bugged valor is even better.

for your str, 105 is too high. but IF your going to use a sacred armor for your duress, then your str is about right. i'd say stay under 80str for ANY type of bvb. 60ish str base can get you to wear everything up to steelrends with low str req armor.

5. Majiin

Majiin IncGamers Member

how are you supposed to wear any gear without enigma if your str is on the 60's?

you'll need to always wear enigma in order to be able to wear the rest of your equipment

6. hulla-hop

imo (and no, i didnt calc or anything) def>ar>life in bvb :) ill be glad if someones proves me wrong :)

7. jjashik

jjashik IncGamers Member

majiin... you str bug

hulla... id usually agree but this time i wouldn't mind proving you wrong. what realm are you on? i'm west nl.

8. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

Think a duel would prove anything? He's not on west either.
    Def/ar are part of the same thing as are life/damage.
    There isn't a x>y>z its the complete combination to give the best ratios you can get that counts.

9. hulla-hop

TTP: hehe, youre right :) i planned to edit my post saying theres not a >>> but always a compromise of things ofc :) in my experience tho, and the way i made my barb, i went for str to wear sacred armor thus sacrificing life, and thats what i meant with the def>ar>life :)

and yes, im not on west :) eu nl is where i play

10. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

I cant agree on that.Duress requires an um,you can make a bunch of those in eth armors & store them,regardless of the def% you get,eth duress is simply better than any valor due to the ow% & its just about affordable to be made eth.

Only armor that is close/equally good/better is fort.The difference in final defense between the eth duress setup & non-eth fort setup isnt great since duelers utilize ctc chilling armor of fort(155% defense).

Rik

11. jjashik

jjashik IncGamers Member

rik...i have made my statement from testing with both types of armor thoroughly through bvb. and personally, i think bugged valor is the best armor for bvb. still waiting for ladder to end to try out fort. but till then, my vote goes with bugged valor. i have dueled many many duress barbs and to me, i find eth stone barbs A LOT harder than duress. i have made a duress barb for all sorts of different bvb setups (diff weps/armors/belts/boots) and they were all only average. and yes i know that the mods on duress is nice for bvb, and in an eth duress it'll have as much def as valor. but the winning/loosing conditions can say A LOT about gear selection regardless of what one may think. and i can confidently say that i've tested this among the best barbs of uswest nl.

ttp...i was just ****in around when i said that. whats wrong with wanting to duel? huh?? nothing. also, dueling does prove some things in bvb. what you said about def/ar/life/dmg is very key to bvb. but what hulla said is important too. of course we all want our stats as high as it can get. but when you want to raise one area, another area is usually sacrificed. i.e. wanting more ar, you use steel/vita charms instead of fine/vitas. benefit is more ar, sacrifice is less dmg. another example would be higher def armor (more str) for life. at this point, its mostly a matter of preference, whichever the player wants to boost. but i would always try to raise my def first is what i was trying to say like hulla. but hulla hit the spot on this subject in his last post.

btw, if anyone wants to do some testing with me or wants to have some GG bvb duels, msg me at *bns.kurupt.

12. rikstaker

You said it yourself,eth duress can have as much,if not more defense than valor,plus it packs 33% ow to boot,on paper/duels it is hands down better than valor.

the reason why you find stone barbs on nl harder to beat is that they(most of them) use fury,they dont need duress since they are already at 100% ow,so obviously when wearing those ~3.5k plates,you'll have a hard time caressing them.On nl fury/stone are the hardest duels no doubt.

Rik

13. jjashik

jjashik IncGamers Member

i was saying that even though an eth duress has same def as an eth valor, i do better with valor. i actually don't see many fury barbs in west any more but there were a good handful of fury barbs before. whether or not they use fury, it does not make a difference to me. unless its a noobie fury barb who hits with ow and runs around letting ow kill opponent. but i was talkin more on terms of botd since its more common (i only know about 1-2 GOOD fury barbs now). on duress, the extra 33% ow and 15% cb does help but not as much as i think it should. although i think bugged valor is the best bvb armor (for overall stats boost), i do have barbs that utilize duress but they are not my main bvb barb.

i can also say this, which is true.
    lately, there have been A LOT of duress barbs popping out of no where. the thing is, of the 10+ new barbs i've seen with duress, only 1 gave me a hard time. we went 5(me):2(duress barb). if your thinking, that person was probably a noob or something, i've also tested against HELLA GG bvb barbs (best of west) also and duress didn't perform that well (on me or on them). IF duress is supposed to be the "superior" bvb armor, then i must be the ****in luckiest person in the world with my valor or am i?

if no one believes me, i'll ask my friends/witnesses if i can post their acc here so that you can go msg them and ask.

14. rikstaker

What is the weapon you are using? charms? what is your defense ar & life & what did the stats of eth duress barb with a weapon like beast or eth cleaver look like(because those two weapons suit duress the best on nl).Unless you provide those it would be hard for me to accept that an armor with just about same defense & sans ow will make you win against a barb with same stats using an armor which does pack ow.

Other people's dueling experiences cant convince me.We have heard it before,absorb on ravens helping against's cold dmg from duress & what not.

Rik

15. Majiin

Majiin IncGamers Member

i have one more doubt, i dont know if to put 162 base dex (+20 from arreat/raven/anni, total of 222 dex, being able to wear one angelic ring and the amulet) or 182 so i can wear two angelic rings without losing max block

by the way, interesting discussion =)

16. rikstaker

You'll have to wear 2angeilcs to have enough ar for BVB duels,thaths something on which most agree here.

Rik

17. Majiin

Majiin IncGamers Member

thanks ^^

on the other hand, i'm wondering if 5300~5500 HP would be enough for this kind of barb :S he needs a lot of str to wear sacred armors, hope its worth it

sorry for asking so many things, this is gonna be my first barb on the v1.10

18. jjashik

jjashik IncGamers Member

my barb stats:
    8.1k life
    36k def
    29.5k ar
    4.9k dmg

other barbs range from (using duress):
    7.2-8k life
    26k-35k def
    26-27.5k ar
    4.2-4.7k dmg

on west, i rarely/never see any bvb barbs using beast. i've tried it before when the hype started. and it wasn't that great at all. and a lil while ago barbs started using edc as well but i haven't seen one that gave me run for my money so i can't say much about that weapon. i was thinkin about makin a barb that used edc soon too so i can see how it is.

19. rikstaker

So what weapon were you & duress users using?

Rik

20. Majiin

Majiin IncGamers Member

ho'ws possible to get such high life and damage with a bvb barb using fury?

i cant even reach 6k on my bvb barb unless i use something like 08 arkaines, same with dmg :eek: