Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvB Gear

Discussion in 'Classic' started by pwn, Jun 16, 2005.

1. pwn

pwn IncGamers Member

BvB Gear

What is the best BvB Gear?

How would a lancer handle a bh or martel barb.
    What is better rattlecage or 850 ornate.
    Sigons Helm + Shield, or a 280 grim shield and a good helm as well.
    Is the unique shield with open wounds better?
    How long does it take for the open wounds to take effect?
    And lets say i need a setup that can almost kill in 1 ww. or really do max damage. what would it be?
    If you're already using angelic amulet+rings, would there really be a difference getting sigons helmet + shield? i would think your ar is already high enough you wont get any additional hits from more ar.
    i read someone in the forums say "since martel have shorter range then lance, then when they cross each other, martel will unleash more hits."
    sounds like utter nonsense to me since why should a shorter range weapon get more spins? doesnt make sense..

well thats it.. just try to list to best possible gear setup for bvb. even skills if you want to ;)

2. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

lower range weapon results in a tighter ww, although bigger range in pvp is better due to easier to hit w/.

I cant really help you out because my Bvb gear suggestions are biased

3. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

Think of ww in terms of angles. Lets say you have a 10 foot long pole, and a 3 foot long pole, and spin them at the same speed. The circumference of the circle the 10 ft pole ww makes is around 63 feet, and the circumference of the circle the 3 ft pole ww makes is around 9.5 feet. 63 ft vs 9.5 ft....thats a big difference. That means that the 10 foot pole travels more distance than the 3 foot pole in the same amount of time. Now equate the 10 ft pole to the lance and the 3 ft pole to the martel. Because the lance has a large range and therefore covers more distance ( circumference wise), its possible for you to miss someone when you ww them. Since the martel has a smaller circumference, you are more likely to hit people, thus making it more effective.

Some people like higher range though, because you can hit someone without them hitting you.

4. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I prefer martels better then lances, but if you going BvB you pretty much have to go with a shield.

5. pwn

pwn IncGamers Member

Ok i see your points about the martel and lances. But you still didnt answer alot of my questions.

Like are Rattle Cage better then a good Ornate?
    And the questions about the shields, and what i should use for gloves? etc..

6. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

Well most would go with a max block shield in some way. So you could go with Swordback, which is probably the best, but it does not reach 75 chance to block, so you must where twitch. Then from there I would decide what you were going to where. Most use battle hammers, but you have nagas, then there are even clegger BvB's that use clegs sword and gloves. Your jewlrey is angelics, that why i personaly don't go high defense, most barbs have a enough AR to negate any defense anyway. Crushing blow is good, but I get it from my boots, goblin toe. If you are not going clegger, I would try to find high defense gloves that give to stats.

7. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

A bit of a contradiction wouldnt you say?
    Defense is only useful when you are dueling barb who dont use angelics. And Bloodfist > High Def stat gloves, because 40 life > 9str. You may be argueing "but i use an exe." Thats the only exception, and besides, 5min dmg is never unwelcome. The 30% fhr is really just icing on the cake

8. Tridge

Tridge IncGamers Member

since 90% of the bvb that i see use sback/twitch, would it behoove me to use min jewelry instead of angels seeing as this setup provides for high blocking and low defense? i was thinking of just using min gear and a 3 pida helmet to start..

9. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Doesnt Pdiam just add AR to undead? Also, when you fight barbs such as mine you will have a hard time hitting me, because i have ornate on switch. The idea isnt bad, but nevertheless i would still use 1 angelic ring and the amulet, just to to give you enough to hit the occasional pesky paladin aswell

10. Tridge

Tridge IncGamers Member

pdisa helmet adds 300 to AR.. tested this in public games and it seems that the angel combo is probably the best overall, and then just with a 114 life helm iso 300 ar

11. aznrice1869

aznrice1869 IncGamers Member

most people use bhammers, but sword bvbs are only good at high lvls.
    here's what my bvb uses
    144 bh with cold dmg
    twitch
    biggins bonnet
    angels ammy rings
    swordback
    g toes
    bloodfist
    +19 str 45 life fhr belt/ but other bvbs like to use bladebuckle

stats
    str-just enough to use equip count in the +str from rest of equip
    dex-base unless you use sword
    vit-rest
    ene-base

skills
    bo-20
    shout/iron skin-20
    battle command-1
    mastery-20
    ww-pump last
    increased speed nd nat resist is optional

people like to max ww first but each ww point only adds very few dmg i like maxin cries first because you have alot more life defense and don't do that much less damage

12. Tridge

Tridge IncGamers Member

if you use sb/twitch/biggins, doesn't that make pumping shout/iskin pointless?
    angel combo kills the amount of defense you get from that straight away.
    personally, i didn't bother with either skill, and i hold up well vs most bvb, save for like the top 5% on east ladder (though if i could find a nice hammer, i'd bet i would tear sh(explative avoided <3 not banning) up all day.), but then those guys have been on ladder for more than 2 weeks, and deserve to win.