Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bvb build

Discussion in 'Classic' started by stevenluckymann, Sep 18, 2006.

1. stevenluckymann

stevenluckymann IncGamers Member

bvb build

hey guys ive already made a bvc barb that pwns any sorce that comes in its path so i decided to make a bvb to destroy the ones my bvc cant. here is my thought on the build

stats

str - enough for gear
    dex - round 100 points
    vit - rest
    ene - none

skills

max mastery
    max ww
    max shout
    max bo
    5-10 in iron skin

equipment

helm - sig helm
    armor - silks
    weapon - 150 bh (which i found on hell cs run :))
    boots - goblin toe
    belt - fhr, life, and res belt (had to trade gull for it)
    gloves - sig gloves
    rings - angelic
    ammy - angelic

so wht u guys think. the gear is cheap except for the silks but i have 3 so its no big deal. any thoughts or suggestions?

2. Souther

Souther IncGamers Member

I wouldnt put any points in to dex since your going to use a BH. Also, if your dueling a pure BvB, i would advise not using silk because you will have no chance of beating it unless it was a poorly built BvB. Just switch to twitchrob is you have to.

3. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I didn't see a shield listed. if you go cookie cutter swordback shield, you'll definately need every ounce of spare stats you would have wasted on dex in vitality.

another option, would be to make a titan. 250 str, 250 vit. everything else base.

with this route, a 290+ grim shiled, and an 850+ ornate would probably suit you better. (and perhaps a very high grim helm as well to boost the def even more)

*shrug* I don't have a ****on of interest in building characters that are so specialized. I honestly have more fun pvm, but LLD has almost captured my interest... almost...

4. stevenluckymann

stevenluckymann IncGamers Member

hmm ok thx. i already started to remake my bvb barb lol. could u be more specific on a titan build?

5. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

main difference between a titan bvb, and a vita bvb are the stat point allocations from what I recall.

with a 150+ dmg bh (one with higher ED the better) and 250 str, you should see 1,100 or higher one handed bh damage... combine that with crushing blow gear, chance of critical strike, and/or open wounds and it's suddenly a viable option, even going up against someone that has 4k life (with 250 vit) and a high enough BO (keep +2 ammy, tarn, and +2 bosticks on hand) you should still have decent enough life.

the actual duel will, as is the case with most duels also have a significant amount of skill enter into it. so many builds give a "one shot one kill" ability these days, which in large part is why I don't do a ****on of duelling.

one shot one kill however, is impressive when you have someone unparty in a CS run, and start ****ing around, either trying to PK it, or raid the cs.

I'm usually carrying too much gambling gold, and/or too far along on the way to the next level to risk getting wounded by a pk-er and then killed by a monster for the massive xp loss. *Shrug*