Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BvAll Zerker Help.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Hannibal, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal IncGamers Member

BvAll Zerker Help.

Hey all, ive decided to make a pvp zerker, I was skeptical of the build, but I heard that a good build can be doing 12k+, with good ar/vita/res - which sounds good to me!

Only problem is i dont have a clue how to make them, I have a vague idea on items (im not poor, so suggestions can include rich gear) Here's what i was thinking;

Ebotdz
    40/15'd SS / cham'd if going angelic build.
    40/15'd Arreats
    Highlords / Angelics / Dont know
    What armor?
    2 angelics // 2 ravens // 1 of each
    warcry weapons on switch
    Dungo's
    drac / dont know
    Soul spurs (dont wanna mention dupes, but they're the best that i have)

skills im not sure, was thinking like:
    pre-reqs
    20 zerk
    20 mastery
    15 howl
    15 shout
    15 bo
    1 nat res
    1 inc. speed

Stats im not sure of - is it a vita build, as im doing alot of dmg anyway? or will i need dex for the AR / max block (im barb vs everything)

Please experienced player comments - thanks v. much :)

2. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Make a wwbarb instead. Zerk is SLOW and unpractical for most duels.
    See it this way; a pure zerker will lose nearly all duels vs competent players, where a wwbarb can will nearly all duels.

3. Hannibal

any useful suggestions? I didn't post a zerker barb topic to be told that.

4. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Just informed you that it will suck, since you seemed to believe it's good.
    At least you wont be disappointed, now you know what to expect.

Equipment is almost the same as for ww-barbs, maxblock or not depends on if you want to duel melee. Go read a wwbarb-guide, there are tons of them.

Dont ever waste pts in str/dex to gain dmg/ar btw.

5. Hannibal

What makes you think that it will suck, I can use v. good modded items as i'm not worrying about defense, high life / 75% block will mean that I can survive through the lack of defense against paladins, and ill be hitting hard for 1/2 hit kills - with high attack rating I could hold my own in a barb vs pala environment, as I may go for that more than vs casters.

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

He's not trying to make you mad, it's just that clinical studies have shown that the whirlwind is the only real skill that we have that will work well in all forms of pvp, which is what you were aiming for. The problem with berserk is that it's a stop-and-swing attack, so no matter how fast you swing, a caster/whirler is going to be able to get out of your way. Similarly, it's an interruptable attack, unlike whirl and conc, which means that paladins are going to be able keep you from being able to swing by whacking you when you attempt an attack; since your defense is going to be stuck at 0, meaning they're definately going to hit you (just 75% of those hits will do not damage because of the shield). You may think, that's alright, I just need to hit them a couple of times to kill them, but with their high defense and a shield, you're going to have a hard time getting those hits off before they've chewed you up with zeal or smite.

He was just giving you a heads up. You'll beat some people, sure, and you might have a lot of fun plaining him. But more often than not you'll get rolled, just because whirlwind is our only really competitive attack. :(

As a side note, you might want to consider enigma and some points into leap to help you out some. That knockback from leap, coupled with teleport, could help you get some wins if you get the timing and accuracy worked out.

-Hal

7. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Exactly. The reason conc works at all is because it's uninterruptable and keeps the def (and well, add some more too). Zerk=death vs any decent meleechar, doesn't matter what class.
    It doesn't matter what life you have, zealots chew through my wwbarb in seconds if I screw up my whirling. I have 7.5k life and 50% dr.

Leap/tele/zerk might work vs some casters, but good ones will either teleport away and laugh, or just outtank you =(

If anything, I'd build a 2-handed zerker and go for some hilarious range 5 1-hit-ko:s. In fact, that's something I've been thinking of for a long time. With fort in ladder it will be even better. Just dont expect to kill any serious duelers...

Edit: removed some stupidity......

8. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

pvp zerkers only are viable against casters. Melee chars will just rip u apart since ur defense drop to zero. And remeber, zerker is interruptable, so they hit more often than u can hit them. (i've one pvp zerker, trust me)

9. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

My lvl 92 pure zerker kills an aweful lot of ww barbs and all non barbs in 1 hit. To be an effective pvp zerker it takes some real strategy. Keep your leap skill (not leap attack) on right clik to dodge ww, hammers, arrows, orbs...w/e. The key to getting that huge damage (mine is 14-16k AVERAGE) is getting a very high deadly strike%. On ladder you can expect to have over 1500% ed after skills, fort, str bonus. It will massively multiply against your grief phase blade and full inventory of +damage/AR grand charms. Deadly Strike Multiplies on top of that. Zerker barbs are for experienced players. I would definitely not recomend them to novices. With zero defence you need to have 50% damage reduction and 75% block, easy to do with SS+verdugos. The trick with dueling melee chars and zons is to WALK and don't chase into the ww. Step aside the ww, eventually they will make a mistake and get close or run out of mana...then its ez pickins.

10. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

lol crap hal u pointed out exactly waht i was going to say..

but jsut for the gold.....

invest a lot of points into leap. (your going to have left overs anyways)

with a level 22ish leap you can send people into double fhr animation, then tele zerk while they are stunned. be sure to use the calculator to calculate maximum zerk frames.

leap is also good because you can kill bm necros by leaping.. pushing the necro outta his minions (or druid outta his doggies) then tele zerking.

just to get yourself outta tough situations.. i would put at least 1 point into whirlwind anyways. its a real life saver sometimes. (it can get you outta stun lock with trappers)

11. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

its prolly a much better idea to make a dualwield ww barb (this way after highlords you need no more outside IAS) with 1 point zerk.
    you get 8k zerk, maybe more if you distribute some extra points into it with a 6k+3.5k ww. much more effective.

12. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

Ya, pvp zerker takes quite a few skill rather than pure ww barb. First, u need alot of frw. Second, u need huge amount of life. Most of time melee char or bowazon will crush zerker due to the fact that they dont have enough frw, ias, or fbr. But if u play with skill and patience, (that means dont be an aggressor) u will certainly win.

Then u can make a zerker or Iron barb. (Iron barb can scare the zerker with his high defense and uninterruptable attack)

13. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

You wont even hit a decent caster with a slow-ass 9 fpa attack in the first place.
    Wwbarbs will just DoD you, 4 fpa ww will interrupt all your crappy 9 fpa zerks. Any dualwielder would make short work of you since they hit TWICE each 4:th frame and you have zero def. If the barb has block and def he can even outtank you with his level 1 uninterruptable conc. Also, with range 2 you wont even get in range to land a hit vs a competent wwbarb.
    I dont know what kind of zons you duel who let you walk up to them and zerk them. Zealots/smiters aren't exactly killable either...

14. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Uhm, no offense, but any wwbarb losing against a zerker should reconsider playing d2 :lol: All you have to do is ww away and the zerkbarb has 0% chance at all, *especially* if he's using a 2range weapon. I don't know how a zerkbarb would do vs other classes because I don't have one, but I assume almost any meleechar would win (9frames+interruptable=gg). When I get back home i'll test it in singleplayer vs some chars :thumbsup:

HoD