Bva or bvc?

Bva or bvc?

I'm wondering wince one to go with...

I am going to use a one socket coa as my helm...
21 dr.
With stormshield it would be exactly 51... with enigma 59.

If I went bvc...
29 dr is all I would have...

Which would be better?

Ce Olba

Banned
A BvA is just a BvC with less life that won't beat the better BvBs anyways. You will end up lacking in Leap (due to needing to minimize the points) and/or increased speed and Nat Res. Which is bad.

If you insist on beating everything, you can just use an Umed Widowmaker with Draculs, an OW belt and gores when dueling BvBs. Nets you 70% OW total. Or you could just use the swap trick; swap to your other weaponset while the arrows are still in mid-air and the effects (such as ow, cb and ds) carry on to your arrows. Use a Fury on primary, net's you 100% OW.

Also, on a BvA you shouldn't be using CoA + Stormshield. Stormshield has 35% IAS btw. 35 + 15 =50%.

Even with the best possible gear and abusement of Hsarus, Arreat's and Enigma while in BvA mode will net you a loss of 56 or 46 stat points, which is either 535 life at most and 440 at most. Not worth it. Plus, you lose a lot of skill points.

You will just be a weak BvC and a weak BvB.

morotsjos

Banned
I'm wondering wince one to go with...

I am going to use a one socket coa as my helm...
21 dr.
With stormshield it would be exactly 51... with enigma 59.

If I went bvc...
29 dr is all I would have...

Which would be better?
difference is that you do half damage with storm.

Thoridian

Diabloii.Net Member
U wont beat any good bvb with a bva anyway so why bother ever making it? And the only char vs who youd find shield as something would be a bowzon which is beatable with grief + beast if ur good enough and if not then 2 dooms > any amazon...

U wont beat any good bvb with a bva anyway so why bother ever making it? And the only char vs who youd find shield as something would be a bowzon which is beatable with grief + beast if ur good enough and if not then 2 dooms > any amazon...
The reason I'd choose BvA over BvC is that it's almost impossible to get a good coa that's legit on west... and I didn't know how important the dr was.

I guess bvc is still the better choice.

What about wolves? Wouldn't the bva do better against them? And mortojos... please don't answer.

Ce Olba

Banned
The reason I'd choose BvA over BvC is that it's almost impossible to get a good coa that's legit on west... and I didn't know how important the dr was.
Both of the builds need a good CoA, so what are you running from?

What about wolves? Wouldn't the bva do better against them? And mortojos... please don't answer.
They are very beatable with a BvC. As for a BvA, it might be slightly safer, counting in blocking and the fact that Fury is interruptable.

morotsjos

Banned

They are very beatable with a BvC. As for a BvA, it might be slightly safer, counting in blocking and the fact that Fury is interruptable.
shield sucks, good luck killing off summons fast enough.

I have a one socket coa. If I make a bva, then I have max dr. But bvc will not have it.

Ce Olba

Banned
shield sucks, good luck killing off summons fast enough.
Not like it matters with an attacker who's attack can be interrupted. Plus the minions provide life Leech. Or you can just howl them, and if the wolf starts to re-cast at all, he is as good as dead.

I have a one socket coa. If I make a bva, then I have max dr. But bvc will not have it.
How will you have max DR unless you plan to use Stormshield on all times, making you a teleporting BvB trash? And not a single BvC has max DR without changing from the pub setup (31 + 8 = 39, not 50)

Not like it matters with an attacker who's attack can be interrupted. Plus the minions provide life Leech. Or you can just howl them, and if the wolf starts to re-cast at all, he is as good as dead.
Al right , al right.

What about AR? How much ar is a good point to reach? I'll be using demon limb so I can save some charms.