Buying the wife a new auto

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
Buying the wife a new auto

This afternoon, I am heading over to a car dealers to buy the wife:

a new 2005 Honda Accord EX

She picked out the one with leather seats and was so excited last night she couldn't sleep well.

Personally, I am glad she decided to finally settle on one. I spent most of last weekend looking around being hassled by car salesman.

I already checked the invoice price on the car ... let the negotiations begin.

Whee ...:p

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
llad12 said:
This afternoon, I am heading over to a car dealers to buy the wife:

a new 2005 Honda Accord EX

She picked out the one with leather seats and was so excited last night she couldn't sleep well.

Personally, I am glad she decided to finally settle on one. I spent most of last weekend looking around being hassled by car salesman.

I already checked the invoice price on the car ... let the negotiations begin.

Whee ...:p

i hope she gives you something nice in return :thumbsup:

Jimi- said:
i hope she gives you something nice in return :thumbsup:
He gets the old car and the new payment.

I like the car. My particular color pick would be the pearl grey, or whatever it was called.

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
I suppose this is a good place to ask this: How does one negotiate for a new car? Do you just find the invoice price and pay a bit over..or pay nothing over..or offer less. Dealer prep is negotiable, isn't it? Is it easy to negotiate a better interest rate if one has excellent credit?

kernelpops

Diabloii.Net Member
Llad, aren't you an Oil man. What the heck is she doing buying a responsible car. Get her a Hummer and let the good times roll. :lol:

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
zodiac66 said:
I suppose this is a good place to ask this: How does one negotiate for a new car? Do you just find the invoice price and pay a bit over..or pay nothing over..or offer less. Dealer prep is negotiable, isn't it? Is it easy to negotiate a better interest rate if one has excellent credit?
Look up the invoice price and negotiate ... around $400-700.00 over the invoice is reasonable. The dealers must make a profit but it doesn't need to excessive.

In this particular case, they went down around $1400.00 off the sticker price. I offered them a price $500.00 less ... they countered and we settled for $200.00 more than my intial offer.

This one was rather easy ... I have been in other car negotiations that were just a bear to handle.

The wife is smiling today ...

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
zodiac66 said:
When I went to buy my Civic, this is what I did...

It was a 1994 Civic EX with 136k on it, they were asking $5000 for it. It was in really good condition. I called my brother at my house and I had him get bluebook value on it (kbb.com), it came to like $34xx or something. I started looking at the car and a salesman came up to me. When I told him I was very interested in buying it I explained to him about how it depreciates and the bluebook value. I offered him 3200 for it and walked away with it.

DrunkCajun said:
Talk to me again when we're not both payin for our own place...
Now that was an open invitation, if you ask me. Looks like you're going to be getting a long, long silent treatment.