Busted!!!

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Busted!!!

The first casualty of the new "stronger" MLB drug testing policy: Alex Sanchez

Hopefully, this will send the right message that the MLB is finally addressing the problems in its midst.

I think this is a very poor start. They haven't released the name of the substance he tested positive for. For all we know, its marijuana.

Since part of this is supposed to be the "peer pressure" factor to keep players on top of one another, and Sanchez here is denying use of any performance-altering substances, how is this really going to help anything?

Oh, come on now. He's innocent. It was something he bought over the counter. Or someone slipped him something when he wasn't looking, yeah, that's it. Or failing that, the testing procedures are flawed.

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
To my dismay, many sources of media still refuse to refer to marijuana as a performance enhancing drug.

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
DrunkCajun said:
I think this is a very poor start. They haven't released the name of the substance he tested positive for. For all we know, its marijuana.

Since part of this is supposed to be the "peer pressure" factor to keep players on top of one another, and Sanchez here is denying use of any performance-altering substances, how is this really going to help anything?
I think they are not going to release what they test positive for as part of the agreement with the players.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Geeno said:
To my dismay, many sources of media still refuse to refer to marijuana as a performance enhancing drug.

Probably more along the lines of "drug-free"..tho not to popular in this forum..being a rolemodel for kids..these guys need to be more like that. So Mary needs to take a back seat in sports. For children sake.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
omg and he was my favorite player too

*heart brakes*

It won't really matter until at least a "b-list" star is caught. I mean the latest was a guy that's been in AA ball for years...thank god we got that scum bucket before he invaded the public consocnous :uhhuh:

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
MixedVariety said:
Oh, come on now. He's innocent. It was something he bought over the counter. Or someone slipped him something when he wasn't looking, yeah, that's it. Or failing that, the testing procedures are flawed.
Don't forget the classic: "My trainer gave them to me, and he swore they were legit!" Or: "I thought it was just cold medication!"

Steel_Avatar said:
Don't forget the classic: "My trainer gave them to me, and he swore they were legit!" Or: "I thought it was just cold medication!"
You mean your tylenol doesn't make you gain 30lb in muscle after you take it for a month?