Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bush's approval rating slips to new low.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Intolerance, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

Bush's approval rating slips to new low.

Source

2. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I'm always a little wary of a poll that doesn't spell out how they obtained their sample population. Considering half the country thinks we've found WMD in Iraq, any poll where only 1% of the population thinks Bush supports full *** marriage rights seems a little shady.

Most of this sounds good to me, although that's generally also something that makes me wary of the research.

3. publius

publius IncGamers Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, there is a well known rule in politics that high approval ratings will drop quickly (within months) if nothing is done to sustain them. Ever wonder why the economy tends to get better around election season?

There is a well-known part of Machiavelli's The Prince that suggests that rulers get the bad things over with as soon as possible while spreading out good things over time.

4. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

Kerry is only ahead of Bush by 5%. That's more than small enough of a lead for Republicans to steal another election. Kerry will have to do better than that.

5. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Subtle. :lol:

6. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

After the next major terrorist attack coming this summer and the following invasion of whatever country is made the patsy, voting against Bush will be unpatriotic and will earn you a place in an internment camp... for your safety. In fact... holding elections will be the same as giving in to the forces of evil in a time when resolve and strenght is needed. Therefore elections will be put on hold for the foreseable future.

Or maybe those E-voting machines will do the job. Who knows?

7. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

*starts prematurely dancing on Bush's political grave*

What? I'm an enthusiast.

8. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Just to keep y'all in perspective, Bob Dole was ahead of Clinton in the polls at this time in 1996.

9. Pidder

Pidder IncGamers Member

Please tell me you're kidding.

10. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

Only the facetious ever accuse me of that.

*distributes pamphlets in Republican areas reminding people to bring their Voter Registration cards when voting begins in December*

11. guspasho

guspasho IncGamers Member

No, they do, frighteningly enough.

The problem that Democrats face is that right now they have the support they do not because they have a good candidate, but because he's not as bad as the guy in office. If Kerry gets elected in this fashion, it will be a very weak mandate to govern. Also we will be right back to the days of Clinton where the Congressional Republicans spent all their time and energy (and a lot of taxpayer dollars) on partisan witchhunts unless the Democrats can manage nothing less than a miracle in the House and Senate, which is unlikely because redistricting has secured more Republican seats then ever. There are only 25 seats left that aren't predetermined by the partisan demographics of their districts (and you can bet that the GOP has more of those that are secure then the Democrats.) So the Democrats need a major, major coup in November.