Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bush supporters step up

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SirKnightmare, Feb 26, 2004.

1. SirKnightmare

SirKnightmare IncGamers Member

Bush supporters step up

Honestly, I just want to know a few good things this guy has done. If you got something try me.

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Brought down suddam hussein?

3. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Good things? Smashing Al Queda and the Taliban, taking Sadaam out of power, lowering taxes, overall progress on the war on terror. Or... are those bad? I'm not sure but I guess the world must have been a better place with sadaam in power?

Please tell me how Bush has made your life worse.

4. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Ok, removed Saddam from power.

EDIT: Two posts too late.

How about showing resilancy in dropping the economy, but building it back up during his first term?

5. Draconis

Draconis IncGamers Member

'Smashing Al Qaeda'... Ah, the sweet smell of optimism ^_^

6. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Bush has not only destroyed the taliban, put osama on the defensive and rope him into an area between pakistan and afganistan, topple saddam, capture saddam, stopped the flow of illegal oil through french and russian hands, told Norrth Korea that he will no longer pay them to not stop making nukes, but he has also convinced libya to give up their nukes and other WMD, begun the process for shoring up problems we have with the CIA, FBI, NSA and other agencies that had become bureacratic messes--he's managed to keep Al queada from attacking again, etc etc.

All this during a period of corporate scandals--which he's cracked down on, significant recession, and still managed to lower taxes, and set up America as a nation that doesn't kow-tow to the UN, or any other organization that puts third world countries ahead of America(Kyoto treaty).

The entire time he was lambasted for "not actually winning the election(untrue)", Destroying the economy(untrue) and going AWOL(untrue). I think overall he's been a better than average president. I wouldn't call him great...he did set up some tariffs on steel and he is pumping money into the NEA and is not seeking to privatize NASA. but overall he's done a decent job considering all that has gone on.

My issues with him are largely his religious fanaticism, his frequent vacations and his instence on telling it how it sounds good instead of how it is. all politicians do that latter, and the vacations I could understand since I imagine that period was a rather stressful time for him.

i think he has a good chance at winning the election...once the country sees what the choices are i think they'll think twice about electing Kerry.

7. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

I don't think the President takes a "real vacation" I think he's just conducting bussiness from a different (more scenic) location.

8. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

I figure it's kinda like being on call...they let him out to his ranch but if something happened he'd be working on airforce one in a matter of minutes...

I try not to hold the president taking vacation time against him when he's just had to deal with the biggest attack on american soil since pearl harbor.

9. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Well once Bush actually starts campaigning, we'll see his numbers go up a bit. I think the incumbent always slips during the other party's primaries because there is so much focus on them instead of the current president.

I don't think Bush should privatize NASA, right now, space travel has no real way to make profit, other than satellite launching, which is already private. In other words, if there's no way to make money, no research will get done, should NASA be privatized.

How about Bush helping pull the nation together after 9/11? I think he did a pretty good job of that, with his laid back addresses to the nation.

10. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

[hijacking] Do you remember when he kinda mention about gaining more oil from winning the war? Why does my gas still cost $2.50 a gallon?[/hijacking]

11. rodigee

rodigee IncGamers Member

Are there even any current laws preventing private companies from going into space?

If there are... we ought to repeal them. I mean, FedEx would probably love being able to shoot stuff into space. Talk about your overnight delivery :)

12. Plum

Plum IncGamers Member

I think that the Bush Administration can be credited for handling issue of North Korea with pretty respectable prudence so far. I'm not a Bush supporter though, and that's the only one that comes to my mind in particular.

13. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

I thank both Dubya AND God every day for the Patriot Act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. AeroJonesy

Not that I'm aware of. Although, I suppose any vehicle bound for space would probably violate some FAA regulations.

15. Maverikk

Maverikk IncGamers Member

Weakend Al Qaeda and removed Sadaam? You make it sound like Bush personally went out there with a M-16 and brought down all these people. Any trained monkey could have asked the military to do all this All it would have to do is press the green button for "yes."

16. AeroJonesy

None of the other presidents did. Bush still made the decision.

17. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

He helped return Afghanistan to its rightful place as the number one exporter of heroin in the world!

18. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

eh, atleast we aren't forcibly selling Opium to the Chinese, we're still new at this evil domineering imperialist evil evilness... I'm writing an essay right now... thats where the good stuff is going... honest

19. Maverikk

Maverikk IncGamers Member

Al-Qaeda took thousands of innocent and civilian lives when they destroyed the towers. A counter-attack would have happened no matter who was in charge.

20. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I think Bush's "victories" came at too high a price.