Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bush DID attend a medical in 1973

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dark Matter, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

Bush DID attend a medical in 1973

Looky,

The White House just released proof

OK, so he only had his teeth checked, but that counts. Doesn't it?

2. masterazn

masterazn Banned

oh...so the W stands for walker!

Johnny walker, keep walking.

3. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Served in the NG, didn't serve in the NG... I don't care. He's still a moron and the biggest threat to global stability, IMO.

4. antiChrist

antiChrist IncGamers Member

1973?

No wonder there so bad.

5. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

I think this op-ed article from Maureen Dowd of the NYT sums up my opinion of this man:

Posted in it entirety for those who do not wish to register

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/12/opinion/12DOWD.html?n=Top%2fOpinion%2fEditorials%20and%20Op%2dEd%2fOp%2dEd%2fColumnists%2fMaureen%20Dowd

6. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

Well, it turns out that doubts have been raised about the stories of two key Alabama National Guard figures Democrats are using as proof that George Bush did not "show up" for his Guard duty there. The DNC is going to have to go back to the drawing board on this one.

Retired Brig. Gen. William Turnipseed, the 187th's Tactical Reconnaissance Group's former commander, has recanted his statement that he couldn't remember if Bush reported for duty. He now says his memory is faulty because he's in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's disease. Now, meaning no disrespect to those and their loved ones that are grappling with this terrible condition, you have to wonder about the Democrats. Terry McAuliffe needs to check his sources a little better.

Turnipseed reversed gear after retired Lt. Col. John "Bill" Calhoun went public to say that not only did he remember Bush in Alabama, but that it was Turnipseed himself that introduced the two. Oops. And really...the media is completely asleep at the switch on this one. How many people that you saw a few times do you remember from 30 years ago? Exactly, not many.

And what about that story from Lt. Col Bill Burkett claiming that he heard Bush aides talking about having his Guard records scrubbed and seeing it happen? Turns out that his own corroborating witness disputes virtually every point in Burkett's account.

Never let the facts get in the way of your Bush-hating.

7. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

Sure it counts. It counts for one day of duty. 1 down, 59 to go.

8. advil

advil IncGamers Member

dowd's a flake, but every once in a while she writes a good one. nice contrasts in that particular column... :)

9. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

The RNC should also go back to the drawing board on attempting to paint Kerry as being in cahoots with "Hanoi Jane". Kerry's exemplary military record in Vietnam and subsequent objections to America's involvment in that war demonstrate nothing but courage, determination, and conscience.

As far as our president's military duty is concerned, I have no real problem with Bush's NG duty. My exception with this "War President" military record is his statement that he didn't use his family's influence in getting into the Guard and his gung-ho attitude in now sending our young soldiers into battle. I seriously doubt that he would have jumped the waiting lists and gotten into the Guard without Daddy's influence. Those lines were generally long during that unpopular war. His reported support for that war (as long as his butt wasn't on the line) demonstrates a personal lack of courage and conviction. Many of the Vietnam Vets use a term for this attitude: "Chickenhawk".

10. advil

advil IncGamers Member

it's silly to be arguing about recollections from 30 yrs ago, especially when one of the peeps has AD, but what the hell.

from http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/politics/administration/whbriefing/

"Only one person has vivid recollections of serving with Bush at Dannelly field. John B. 'Bill' Calhoun, 69 -- whose name was provided by a Republican ally of Bush's -- said he saw Bush sign in at the 187th eight to 10 times for about eight hours each from May to October 1972.

"But Calhoun remembers seeing Bush at Dannelly at times in mid-1972 when the White House acknowledges Bush was not pulling Guard duty in Alabama yet; his first drills were in October, according to the White House. White House press secretary Scott McClellan on Friday was at a loss to reconcile the discrepancy."

the only guy that remembers him a) was found by a republican ally of bush's and b) places bush there when bush says he wasn't there? oopsie. btw, great new nickname for bush, courtesy of the socialites he was hanging out with when working on that campaign in alabama:

Texas Soufflé

because, "they thought he 'looked good on the outside but was full of hot air.'"

:lol: :lol:

11. advil

advil IncGamers Member

from leno/the tonight show the other night:

"The White House is starting to backtrack a little on this whole National Guard thing. Like today they said President Bush may not have actually attended the National Guard, but he did attend National Guard-related programs. . . . "

12. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

What's worse, it's French! I find it hilariously disrespectful and it will replace "Master of the Pretzel" in my lexicon.

13. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

I'm sure you can expect to see far more in-depth coverage on this issue, unlike allegations of at least similar credibility about Kerry's adulterous adventures. There's been a couple of good quotes from the media about not running that one even if there were pictures - yet they're on this "draft dodging" like a cheap suit.

Funny when you think about the way Clinton's actions were regarded less than 8 years ago, including by Kerry - I'm sure that folks in Ilad's camp regard that stand as principled and honorable as well. And throwing someone else's medals away as a sign of protest somehow doesn't quite do it for me.

I guess I should be written up as AWOL as well, since I have a similar sort of entry in my service record. I'd be hard pressed to show evidence of the few months I spent in Indiana rounding out my service, and on my record there's still a "failed to report" on the school in Arizona I would have been slated to go for. This is only 15 years ago... yet Shrub is supposed to magically provide conclusive proof of events twice that long ago. Right. :scratch: