Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bush Bores The Young!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Carnage-DVS, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Bush Bores The Young!

Quite an amusing article. Funny to see how far the White House will go also.

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/#1

"The White House is engaging in a bit of damage control following Monday night's David Letterman program, which featured a segment called "George W. Bush Invigorates America's Youth," showing a yawning and fidgeting 12-year-old boy seated behind the president as he delivered a speech in Florida. The Washington Post reported today (Friday) that the boy, subsequently identified as Tyler Crotty, the son of an Orange County, FL Republican fund-raiser, has been booked to appear on Letterman's show tonight, apparently at the urging of the White House. "He's a young person who strongly supports the president and is excited about getting a chance to talk about it," White House assistant press secretary Reed Dickens told the Post. The newspaper said that the boy's father was blaming himself for his son's conduct because he had kept him up late the night before, then got him up early that day and brought him to the convention center, where he had to wait some three hours before the president appeared. Meanwhile, CNN anchor Daryn Kagan apologized to Letterman Thursday for reporting that the White House was calling the tape a fake. "It turns out, due to what we might say a misunderstanding among the folks who are usually so fantastic behind me here in the newsroom, it turns out that was not true," Kagan said. Letterman comment on the air Thursday that the apology was the first he had ever received in his 25 years of network broadcasting."

2. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

All 12 year olds fidget. Poor kid was probably bored to death once the moment wore off for him.

He probably needed a Diablo2 fix.

:lol:

3. Carnage-DVS

I can understand that but what amuses me is the lengths the Whitehouse is going to to make it seem like he was not bored. So much worry!

4. cleanupguy

cleanupguy IncGamers Member

OMG. We all know little kids fidget, squirm, and moan. Their attention span is like what 10 minutes? Hell, even I sometimes zone out in a meeting conducted by ___________ at my company. But urging a 12-year-old boy to go on David Letterman to tell the world that he loves GWB?

The poor kid must be terrified.

5. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Since his record is damned good you've been reduced to attacking him because some kid yawned. Stretching pretty hard aren't you?

BTW, Pres. Bush's numbers are up again :lol:

6. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

Everyone here has thus far opined that it is not remarkable that a kid that age got bored.

Do you honestly believe the president's records is as spotless as you imply?

7. Akira

Akira Member

i dunno smeg, you look a little insecure there caring about a kid yawning and then everyone else saying that's normal.

8. Silvermyst

Silvermyst IncGamers Member

I saw this on letterman the other day and laughed my *** off. What's funnier is the White House can't decide how to respond to it. :lol:

9. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

Who wouldn't be bored? Listening to the drivel that passes for a political speech these days makes me want to bite off my tongue and drown myself in my own blood.

Mith

10. Carnage-DVS

I post something which is not attacking Bush's policies at all and of course Smeg jumps on me. Rabid dog attack GOGO!

11. eddy

eddy Banned

I wonder if they've got bush on one of them delay things, it be so awesome if he just turned around and mooned america. . . i'd buy that kid a beer, cept for not being 21 and not having any money and stuff

12. Jonas

Jonas IncGamers Member

GAH! MY EYES! THEY ARE BLEEDING!!

I'm not as concerned at the fact that your horrible, Satanic fingers typed this unmentionable phrase of ungoodliness, but the fact that no one else even noticed! What is happening to reality as we know it?

He chose a bad spot to sit, but it more or less made him famous, rather than laughed at.

13. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

There are two fundamental truths to recognize here:

1. Kids will yawn and fidget after three hours in a chair watching Pokemon battle circus clowns, much less campaign speeches in an election year.

2. Smeg will leap into any thread involving Bush in any way whatsoever to shout at the liberals trying to drag him down.

Poster 1: "Hey, your necktie looks just like the one the president was wearing in that press conference."
    Poster 2: "Yeah we both shop at the Men's Wearhouse."
    Smeg: "Oh yeah? Well it looks like Bush just might have the numbers to beat your darling liberal Kerry, so screw you!"

14. eddy

eddy Banned

wow were do you people come up with that stuff!

15. cleanupguy

Durf is always like that as I've observed.

Silly Durf.. That's why we love him.. :lol:

16. Plum

Plum IncGamers Member

It's not that much of a stretch to think that you're 'ridiculing' (for lack of a better word) the Bush Administration. That's even what I assumed.

I found the bit about claiming that the tape was a fake to be pretty funny. Sometimes even night show hosts don't have to fake these things I guess.

17. Carnage-DVS

Yeah, but ridiculing Bush is like a national pastime now, something normal, taken for granted.

18. FoodPoisoning

FoodPoisoning Banned

Does anyone know where I can see the video?
    o_O

19. cleanupguy

20. Silvermyst

Silvermyst IncGamers Member

right here
    First link. Realmedia file though :grrr: