Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Burned Traders Item Fund (BTIF).

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sint Nikolaas, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Burned Traders Item Fund (BTIF).

My attention was drawn upon a thread in the trade forum:
    http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?p=3426416#post3426416

Stuff like this happenes, sad but true. The items aquired from people like this are obviously tainted and cannot be used. I posted somewhere else, that I will make up for any item lost during a trade with this person, I post it here too.

Not only that, I will break out my dusting stashes and send you the item you lost in your trade whenever you lost it. (The thread above is a first, if you lost an item half a year ago, tough luck.) There is something to be remembered here though: I will only restore the item when you can prove you traded with him and it's tainted. Sending me e-mail with contents doesn't work since I can make a fake e-mail too. Alot of this is based on trust and if I don't trust it, sorry.
    The rules:
    - This looks like a give-away, but it isn't. You cannot sign up nor request items without having to do anything for it.
    - I'm just here to replace that lost Steel Pillar you traded against some other elite items, which turned out duped.
    - I will not give you items that are easily traded for or non valueble, I won't give you perfect gems for instance.
    - I will not give you items that are also given away in the ''Give-away'' thread. If you haven't looked there, then don't look here.
    - I will never give you runes, sod off.
    - Most likely a deal will turn bad if someone is proven a cheater, I cannot help you with any moral problems or your character with which you played with. I will only deal items.
    - When my stash is empty, it's empty. I will not fill it anymore, if others want to send me help or items. Don't. Put them in the give-away thread, I don't play anymore nor do I consult stashes, I won't accept mails with contents.
    - I will put a fara report online when I get home, alot of items are double counted since my stashes overlap horribly.. if you can't stand looking at them.. I won't change it.
    - Again, this is not a high end give-away. If you want good items I suggest MF'ing for them first and then check out the give-away thread and MF some more.
    - My input will also consist of various charms, I won't list them, if you lost a good charm I might be able to replace it but don't get your hopes up.

Anyone who cheats does not only cheat the game, you cheat yourself and others. I take this oppertunity to do this one time and maybe let others take it over since I know more people act like this. Some rules may seem hard, but I also set them to keep myself from giving away too much. I hope everyone can cope with it and maybe see this as an oppertunity to share more.

Have fun, stay alive.

2. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

Good work Sint! :) I read through the link and man that crap just sets me off. Glad we have good members looking out for our best intesrests.

Did I tell you about the time I traded my death's web....:) just kidding.

Cheers K

3. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Here here bud... nice to see someone doing such a kind thing. If their happens to be an item someone needs and you don't have to give to them I'd be glad to see if I have it :D

4. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Guess someone had to be devil's advocate.

I really don't think it's such a good idea to publicly announce such an idea. I think it would just encourage even more trading indiscretion, and we have enough of that already. Perhaps it's better to contact people who got burned individually and offer replacement rather than announce it here, but guess it's too late now.

5. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Took the words right out of my mouth, Sinc.

Never do that unless you wash your hands before!

6. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

NSX your so smart :D Indeed it is a two way street, on the one hand it helping people out who unknowingly got burned but on the other it's telling them it ok to trade w/ shady people b/c if they get burned some of the nice people here will probably refund their lost items. Either way this thread has been posted (with the best of intentions I might add) so lets be nice this once and hope people don't take this as a reason to not use discretion in the future.

7. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

GG Sint!

@NSX - Hopefully the collective BS detector can sniff out if someone has been inordinately lax in who they deal with, trading wise. I don't imagine that Sint will return items to someone who traded a bunch of stuff on an open Bnet game and then comes here complaining about how they lost their it4mz.

8. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

I thought about that, but in this way people have some sort of insurance. If someone hastes into a trade without checking the trader out (which everyone should do offcourse) then I can rely on myself to see what happened. As I noted in my post, if I don't feel comfortable about it, or think it's smelly.. sorry no deal :) besides, I'm not going trough the trade forum, as I'm hardly going trough these forums to see who is trading etc. so this also saves me time.

EDIT: Whommy beat me to it.. as usual :p

9. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

I think that is the reason I would not trade unless i knew the person.

on a side note that thread was vicous :shred: :rips: :shreds: :tears:
    :burninates: :eek:

10. Illiana

Illiana IncGamers Member

Wow, you're certainly living up to your forum nickname, Sint! (I'm wondering how many others understood what I meant with that? Silly non-dutch speaking people! :D )

A very nice initiative, and I think you will be able to sniff out the cheaters most of the times.

And that thread was horrible, although I must admit I rather enjoyed reading Masa's reply... I thought it was funny, and not nearly as insulting as it could have been. Makes me glad I don't trade (yet) though!

11. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

I like the idea. I'll throw in some items if no one else has what someone lost.

Great to see the generosity of the people on these forums.

12. ZeN

ZeN IncGamers Member

Santa Claus is not that different in spelling from Sint Nikolaas, you know :) It can be understood...

By the way, I am in this too - I would love to help out.

13. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

Well, recently got burned in some trades witht this individual. However, I'm not here to beg out the lost items but only to saluate your bright initiative (sp?) :thumbsup: It's nice to see people helping each others.

PS: I can also contribuate to help the other member who lost their items.

14. deathsguard666

deathsguard666 IncGamers Member

i also got burned by this person but like sleepless didn't post to beg for items. but man it hurt to delete that anacrid mesh:( anyway i too can contribute by sending items to those that got burned too. good idea sint :drink:

15. Tolano

Tolano IncGamers Member

cause hes a very generous guy =), doing nice things for people who got screwed.

My French teacher is Dutch, and every year at my school she has a Saint Nicholas assembly and makes announcements around about all the bad things people have done. As you can guess there are alot of timid red faced people walking around campus after that assembly, some of the stuff you find out is just hilariously embarrasing. Well anyway it is supposed to have something to do with how in order to get presents from Saint Nicholas you have to read a poem attached to the present that makes fun of you or reveals some dirty secret you were trying to hide from your parents, and you have to read it outloud. and i dont speak Dutch, HA!