Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Burizon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Nyxtelia, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Nyxtelia

Nyxtelia IncGamers Member

Burizon?

Haven't seen any guides for this later than 2004, however I found a Buriza a little while ago and made an Amazon to use it.

Currently lv82 with bad gear but the Buriza alone is letting me solo hell at a satisfiying rate considering the gear I have.

I'd like to make aguide for this but it would be nice to get a little input first. My main issue is this: are there better bows which I am missing here?
    Buriza increases cold damage, 100% peice and scaling max damage. Currently doing 400-2000 damage per hit.

My build is: Maxed Penetrate, Strafe and Freezing Arrow. Any new points are going into Ice Arrow for freeze length synergy. I also have 10 points in Critical Strike. I realise that I may have made an an error with not getting a valkeriee, so some point advice would be great also :)

2. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Re: Burizon?

Crossbows are not the first choice of strafers because they are pretty slow. The entire point of strafe is to spam arrows as fast as possible. Most bows are better than Xbows, speed-wise. But most Xbows are better than bows, damage-wise. Having said that, if you're looking to use Xbows for your guide then get the breakpoints from here and here.

Then find some decent items that will increase those breakpoints, help to keep you safe and give you a chance to kill in hell.

A valkery would be handy since Xbows are slow and she would help keep you alive.

Hellrack is also a nice Xbow, as far as Xbows go. I have made a barbarian using Hellrack (since the strength req. is high) and while it was a slow killer it was fun.

Put all that together with gear choices and write the guide. GL!

3. Mimeaphone

Mimeaphone IncGamers Member

One of the best things about buriza that you didn't mention is its 80% ias :). It's that, imo, that makes it viable as a solid bowazon bow. While I don't know whether buriza is better than the other cheaper bow options, one bow that you might wanna consider for a future build is the WWS. I have both buriza and WWS and choose the WWS because of its nicer (imo) modifiers. The amplify damage boosts your effective damage nicely, the level dependant DS chance allows you save points from CS while still getting double damage and the magic arrows gives you a free level 20 magic arrow to take down unbreakable physical immunes. The 2 sockets that can be used to either give knockback (nef) or to hit the 9/2 breakpoint is just icing.

4. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

More points in ice arrow than the one for pre req is a waste, bump cold arrow for more dmg and use small charms with dual cold mod, each mod add 1 second to freeze lenght so a single sc will add same duration as 20 skill points, more info on this you can find in Freyas FA Guide here: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129705.

5. fartAttack

fartAttack IncGamers Member

i remember reading something about the slower firing speeds of xbows is actually an advantage when you factor in the next delay between arrows. i suggest you research that a bit and put that in your guide. that would make for some interesting reading.

6. MuffinMan

MuffinMan IncGamers Member

Low budget - Hell viable setup?:

Skills:
    Cold arrow 20 p
    Ice arrow 1 p
    Freezing arrow 20 p
    Multishot 1 p ++, enough for lvl11 multi with any +skills we might have. Main attack skill.
    Strafe 1 p, only to be used for amping damage where it is needed. (having a wws on switch to help is not a bad idea either, as Burrito is slow for strafing)

All passives 1, taking valk to 17 with all +skill items (including any prebuff from switch, remember the Burrito gives no +skills at all)
    20 penetrate
    Then pumping Critical Strike last

Weapon: Burrito (With Nef rune)
    Amu: Atmas Scarab
    Rings: Ravenfrost + Manald Heal or life leech ring (whatever keeps your bulbs happy)
    Helm: Steelskull
    Armor: Crow Caw
    Gloves: Laying Of Hands
    Boots: Goblin Toe
    Belt: Well, the Burrito got Pierce, so no Razortail...maybe thundergods vigor (at least for the hybrids), String of Ears?

As for merc, I would use a A2 Might merc with the ever-cheap Insight runeword, and then never worry about mana leech from items.

This could work, yes? Thinking about jumping on the Ladder again, need a cheap and reliable bowa setup myself. Never had a Xbow based zon after 1.09 :whistling: