Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Burizazon build. Will it work?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by wangvicous, Apr 7, 2004.

1. wangvicous

wangvicous IncGamers Member

Burizazon build. Will it work?

Skills
    Max GA
    Max Strafe
    17 in valk
    10 in multi
    rest in passives going for about 40% base

Stats
    Str 110(maybe 105)
    Dex rest
    Vit 100 or so
    Ene base

EQ
    Helm:um um giant skull
    Armor: Archon Chains of Honor(850 def)
    Weap:upg 195 Buriza
    Belt: 7 ll nos or Razortail i dont know yet
    Gloves: 6/7 drainers
    Boots: gores
    Rings: both ravens or a raven and a bk
    Ammy highlords

Any suggestions?

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Guided arrow is nothing more than a one point wonder in 1.10 because strafe kills bosses/single targets far faster with the large amount of minimum arrows it shoots out at high levels. Guided arrow also NO longer pierces which was the most overpowered part about buriza. Leave Guided arrow at one and put those points to get critical strike to 50% or higher, penetrate to level 10+ (monsters have insane defense on hell even if you have 500 dex penetrate is still needed) and freezing arrow if you need it for physical immunes. Use a belt besides razortail as the 100% pierce on buriza still works for bow skills besides guided arrow.

3. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

13 Valk is ok, because you have
    Plus skill items (4 total)
    2 Armor
    1 BK
    1 Highlords

I would look to FA and Cold Arrow. I think both can be helpful to produce a damage other than Physical in this build. Ballista doesn't have enough of non=physical damage on its own. Second Freeze can work well with the equipment you already have. And you can really save on GA since Strafe will attack faster and with more damage than GA now. Its really only good for shooting around corners now. Also, why all the Multishot. I don't currently see Knockback in your build. That may be for a conscious reason, but I always found it helpful to me. But I don't see Multishot helping you a lot with your current build. I use it as a safety skill to keep people off me, but to do that you'd need knockback.

You already have Freezing on both your Raven and your Ballista. You might think of switching out the Highlords for and Eye of Etlich if you don't need the IAS from the Highlords. You might also consider crafting BLOOD or SAFETY GLoves with +2 Bow SKills on them. You can roll IAS, and Leech on those gloves.

4. wangvicous

Giant skull has knockback on it. I'll probably go with nos on the belt if i already have pierce.

5. kiljoy001

kiljoy001 IncGamers Member

I would suggest putting your str to 163 instead of 110, as 163 is the str needed for an upgraded buriza. Also, I would try for a atma's ammy instead of a highlords. Now don't get me wrong highlords is great, but I find the amp sometime more useful, (for PI's).And fyi, it's a weapon worth upgrading, granted you'll do ok with a normal buriza, but upped is better =P. Skill wise, I'd looking into fa/ice arrow. If your looking for freeze duration only (no dmg) max ice, one point into fa. For dmg the other way around. I didn't max my ice arrow, I don't seem to need it much, but what do i know lol.

6. wangvicous

110 is the min str i will need + to str will take care of the rest.
    20 on coh
    31 on giant skull
    15 on nos
    so im well within the str reqs for an upg buriza.
    The Atmas vs Highlords thing i'll probably give a field run as i have both laying around.

7. Anidem

Anidem Banned

i have a lev 86 buriza/strafer that is a holdover from .09. Buriza is getting a bad rap these days. I still mf with it(all mf gear kills a little slow but safe!) when im not in the mood for my lighttrapper.

So go for it! the build still does work.