Buriza over WWS for hybrid?

princesspk

Diabloii.Net Member
Buriza over WWS for hybrid?

I'm currently playing an untwinked hybrid amazon (hardcore ladder) with goals of:
20 LF
20 CS
20 Strafe
50% D/A/E (about 12 skill points divided between the 3)
Pump left overs in valk, penetrate and pierce

I've found both a WWS and a buriza and am currently level 62. I remember reading that an upp'd WWS with enough IAS could deliver more than some of the big bows. I don't have the runes necessary for upping, but it would seem that right now I find my strafe to deliver a lot more with buriza. It's at roughly 1k listed damage, as opposed to about 200 listed with wws. So even with both the amp damage and the deadly strike, a good hit from wws would be 800 listed dmg. If I happen to find the runes to up my bow (countess runs), should I go for upped buriza or upped wws? The concern I have is the str req's of the collossus x-bow, that I remember to be a bit too high for my puny amazon (something above 160 IIRC). Maybe I could ''Hel'' it?

Whaddya think?

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
No one ups the buriza, as far as I know. It doesn't increase much damage, and it increases the req so much that it's not funny.

The thing to note is WWS shoots faster than buriza, by quite a bit, especially when you are at 9/2.

fbmferinctt

Diabloii.Net Member
yes, but honestly i think some of the Runewords, or even a WF(shael) is a great bow with great speed and nice dmg thats what my zon uses and shes able to take anything down basically so i mean it depends all upon you.

princesspk

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm playing untwinked, so forget the WF.

I doubt I will find anything better than what I've already found as far as bows go... I consider myself pretty lucky to have found these two already. I just find that my killing speed is significantly slower with WWS (haven't found a shael for it yet). Will this change enough to outmatch the buriza if I up it?

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm playing untwinked, so forget the WF.

I doubt I will find anything better than what I've already found as far as bows go... I consider myself pretty lucky to have found these two already. I just find that my killing speed is significantly slower with WWS (haven't found a shael for it yet). Will this change enough to outmatch the buriza if I up it?
How much IAS do you have? I remember my WWS zon was running at 9/2 break point with 90 IAS (which a crossbow cannot reach at all). At this speed, the WWS fires a lot faster than the buriza, making it kill fast. Some +max damage charms and upgrading the bow also helps quite a bit.

Virility

Diabloii.Net Member
I believe the buriza will give you more survivability. Slowed, frozen pierced mobs in hardcore make more sense as you gain more equipment options. Putting a shael in the the xbow helped some.

As you craft knockback gloves, you can work with a lower damage weapon. Until then, go with the weapon that seems to give you the most margin for error/lag spikes/ wierd mob spawns etc.

princesspk

Diabloii.Net Member
I've put a nef in the xbow, cause I'm using sigon gloves + belt for the 30% IAS. Better IMO than to craft knockback gloves and to put a hard-to-find shael in the xbow for only 20% IAS. Sure, I'd have more IAS with a shaeled buriza AND the sigon gloves+belt, but knockback adds so much crowd control ability to my strafe that I really wouldn't see myself living without it. The WWS is nef+shael, and this works quite well to clear areas where monsters have less HP (I use it when I venture in NM act 3 or below). I tried running NM baal with both bows and buriza is just waaaay faster/safer so I'll stick to that.

BildBenny

Diabloii.Net Member
Buriza has, IIRC, Freezes Target on it. Frozen enemies don't get knocked back, so IMHO, choose between KB and Freeze mods. On the other hand, a Nef in buriza might be of at least a little use if enemies are immune to cold.

princesspk

Diabloii.Net Member
It has ''freezes target +3'', but it doesn't seem to freeze anywhere near all the time. Once in a while, one of the monsters in the pack I'm shooting at will get frozen but that's about it. I also find that strafing proved to be a lot safer than flinging LF's all over the place, although it is somewhat slower. Buriza has some pretty high physical damage so I'm able to leech all over the place and keep my life full even if I'm under heavy fire. My dirt cheap javelins don't allow me to leech anywhere near enough... I'm sure that I coud use stacks of cracked jav's and it wouldn't make a damned difference. I only use LF for very very big packs (cows, shenk, baal minions) and find myself strafing 90% of the time.