Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Buriza fast anough?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Snake, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Buriza fast anough?

I am currently using a crossbow and I have a total of 70% IAS. But I have the feeling that he is't shooting very fast.

I just found a Buriza-Do Kyanon with my MF meteororb and I realy like it. I was just wandering if this crossbow, with his 80% IAS is fast anough for the endgame?

I am playing a multizon.

What do you guys think?

2. Aron Figaro

Aron Figaro IncGamers Member

For a Multizon with 70 IAS it's more than fast enough. You should do fine with the Buriza.

3. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

I am not shure if will have that many IAS when I want to wear the Buriza. Because 30% was from my current crossbow and 20% from my armor, wich I will not be wearing then.

I asked my original question because a Buriza needs a lot of strength and It would be a waste to pump it and not use it later on. For example I would find a better bow and switch to that one.

How many strength do you need when you want to where an upgraded Buriza? And how many damage does it do afterwarts?

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Upgraded buriza's aren't that great.

by themselves, they're fast enough without more IAS, because it's a crossbow... you're gonna be slow. If you really want the speed, use a shael upgraded Goldstrike instead.

At level 90, here's the damages (on a perfect ED):
    Ballista: (80 STR, 95 DEX)
    200% ED, +225 max dmg, 32-196 cold damage, 99-390 physical damage.

Colossus Crossbow: (163 STR, 77 DEX)
    200% ED, +225 max dmg, 32-196 cold damage, 96-498 physical damage.

I don't think the high STR requirement is worth 50 more average damage, especially if this is in Hardcore.

5. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

I am thinking about putting a nef run in my Buriza. Is knockback a good mod/choice?

What do you guys like to put in a bow or crossbow?

6. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

i can always go for more speedy since in hell things move fast and you've got to moves faster or die, so i would recommend a shael

however it's based on your playing style. remember though that knockback doesn't work 100% of the time

7. Aron Figaro

Aron Figaro IncGamers Member

Knockback is a very useful mod on a Multizon. Sure it doesn't work all of the time but snap off three quick spreads and you should be knocking everybody around. I find it's an excellent mod for a Strafezon myself - knock targets back a huge distance while filling them with arrows. The question is whether Nef is worth it or not. There's always a WF, but for those of us who can't afford/have other reasons...

8. Anidem

Anidem Banned

How about this;
    Hellrack: (163/77 str/dex)
    20%ias, 100% attack bonus, 100-284 damage, 63-324 fire damage,63-324 cold damage, 63-324 lightning damage. 2 socketgs standard.
    upgraded buriza damage total 128-594
    Hellrack damage total 286-1256

I think this is the way to go! i know the str is high but your gonna need 110 str for ne good armor neways!

9. Mehemnoc

Mehemnoc IncGamers Member

I like hellrack. I use it as my switch weapon on my fa/ia zon. Great way to deal with those PIs.

10. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

Buriza is one of the best bows/xbows in the game. The only better ones are wf, and botd crusader/hydra bows, also maybe upgraded goldstrike. Anyway, I'd shael the buriza, you can always get 20%ias with knockback on gloves. Do the crafting recipe for hit power gloves.