Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Builds that work with non-amazing gear?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Lilianne, May 16, 2008.

1. Lilianne

Lilianne IncGamers Member

Builds that work with non-amazing gear?

I've decided to try out an Assassin. I recently began playing again (42 Bowzon that's not working out so well due to said lack of gear), so I'm rather short on decent gear. I was curious as to what Assassin builds are successful without amazing gear? I'd assume most trap builds would be decent.

Still, I was interested in the Envenom/Blade Fury/Martial arts builds. I played a Sorceress before I quit last time, so I was looking to play something a bit more physical. Are any of those remotely viable? I pretty much always play with my friend, a Lightning Sorceress. We're looking to start some MFing when we get high enough, so lack of decent gear won't be a problem FOREVER.

2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: Builds that work with non-amazing gear?

I don't think there are any Assassin builds that won't work without amazing gear.

3. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Currently doing martial arts sin and they just rip monsters apart. You'll do like.. 100 damage at level 9 Lol

4. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Out of the melee builds, Phoenix Strikers are probably the most forgiving in terms of equipment. Talon Kickers are a good possibility too, if you have some specific non-amazing gear for Crushing Blow. For instance, Goblin Toes and Rattlecage.

Actually Dtail builds aren't too hard untwinked either.

5. robzombiesslave

robzombiesslave IncGamers Member

TS/Dtail best asn build untwinked imo just get some elite class boots and you've got some hefty damage. Dont even matter if they're white.

Idk about trappers. But I would shy away from a trapper and even a venom sin. Because they're heavy on plus skill items.

Blade fury might do okay idk though. But I would definently say that a ma sin would be a good way to go. I was pleased when I built mine for one of my newer chars. Just watch out for iron maiden if your HC :p I need to build me another one.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  6. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Trappers are not that heavy on +skills and you can shop +3 trap claws from anya. They are the easiest untwinked build by far.

7. robzombiesslave

robzombiesslave IncGamers Member

I've never built one myself. But I guess they would work +6 as you said, lvl 26 traps are good I suppose and you can even find +2 sin skills ammy easily too. And insight isnt really amazing. But I imagine they're kinda nec for trappers. As far as easiest, idk. Imo summon necros are probably "easier". Again, i've never made a trap sin.

Regardless, if you're looking for something physical I would still recommend a MA sin.

Goodluck bud :thumbsup:

However, if you're going with a light sorc.. You probably shouldnt go traps.

8. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Easiest assassin build I meant. They are about as easy as fishymancers, but a little faster to compensate (they have the same strategy: make a corpse, CE the rest).

9. Astilin

Astilin IncGamers Member

I have really enjoyed my trap/kicker. Most of the gear can be bought for pgems. I play mine more like a trapper that can kick the crap out of bosses. Equip it like a caster and your traps should do most of the work. Some items that can be gotten cheap for the build is:

treachery rw (Shael Thul Lem)- nice 2 to skills pluss crazy IAS and venom and fade
    black rw (Thul Io Nef) or Fleshripper
    As mentioned above 3trap claws can be bought from anya. I put a CB weapon/shield on switch for when I kick.
    Mostly look for life leach, CB, and plus skills. With cloak of shadows, MB, and minion you should kick butt.

10. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

In terms of easy to play, the trapper wins by far. I mean, CE + mind blast + shadow + cloak + good damage traps + resist + extremely easy to get +6 skills??? (and let's not forget the multiple elemental damage from first blast and CE) Though, I guess if you want to melee, a phoenix striker or a kick/trap would be better.

11. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

No question for me about the trapper being the easiest Assassin build untwinked by far.

The OP seemed to know that already though, and said he was looking for something more up close and personal.