Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Builds for class-specific sets

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Vesticle, May 30, 2008.

1. Vesticle

Vesticle Diabloii.Net Member

Builds for class-specific sets

Hey everyone - I had an interest to make a character from each classes that uses the full class-specific set. So that would be IK Barb, Gris Pally, Tal Sorc, Nat Assassin, Aldur Druid, Trang Necro, M'avina Amazon.

I was looking for build ideas, so if you can help me out with the classes I'm not so sure on, or give suggestions or other possibilities on builds I've already thought of, that'd be great. Some of these are obviously easier than others.

Tal Sorc - Not even worth mentioning, except to include it for completeness. Sorcs already use this for a variety of builds
    Gris Pally - I made an avenger. For the rarity of this set, I kind of wish it did more, but I like it so far (It's no ubersmiter or Hdin, but it's good). Sets that include a weapon tend to lag behind the power curve, because you're stuck with a weapon that doesn't compare to runewords.
    IK Barb - Barb's in general are straightforward - max BO, max a weapon mastery, pick whatever attack you want and then max synergies. I think WW for this over concentrate or berserk - you don't have a shield to have the defense that works well with concentrate, and the elemental damage both doesn't convert to berserk damage and already gives you a way to bypass immunities.
    Trang Necro - I'm not very familiar with this set, and other than my fishymancer, I haven't used Necro's much. I'd imagine poison nova? Any other suggestions? Also, assuming poison nova, is there any equipment outside of the set that is vital?
    Nat Assassin - I'm not that familiar with this set either, and I've only played a lit trap and blade fury assassin. I imagine this would be a claw melee assassin - the boots aren't good for kicking and can't be upgraded, and trap assassins have cheaper, more effective gear (shop a 2x set of +3 trap claws).
    Aldur Druid - This set seems kind of dire, and not really great for elemental or melee druids. Any suggestions would be great, I'm determined to make this, even if it means having a character who would be 100% better just by swapping one of his set items for a 1pgem unique.
    M'avina Zon - This is the build where I'm completely blank because I'm least familiar with this set and least familiar with the Zon class. +cold skill damage and a bow means frozen arrow but... I'm not even sure what that entails. Maybe I just need to look at a frozen arrow Zon guide?

Anyway, thanks for any help. And kudos if you're reading this and made it through my long post and my verbose speech pattern, haha.

David

2. lionheartthebrave

lionheartthebrave Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Builds for class-specific sets

Check out the Pat/Mat/Guardian collection in the SPF, it's just been restickied by popular request and probably has a thread for each class-specific set

I believe Mursillis and HellHoundBarb are attempting the same sept

In particular check out Getafix for a Aldur's Druid

Trang's: poison +insane walk speed is good
    Nat's: i think I recall a phoenix striker by maxicek (king of assassins)
    Mavina's: frostmaiden with strafe/valk perhaps

3. shannen

shannen Diabloii.Net Member

if id comment on this with my builds it would be:

Tal sorc -> Meteorb by far
    Gris pally -> foh or some elemental zealer.
    IK barb -> cookiecutter ww/1pt zerker
    Trang nec -> poison/fishy hybrid or just plain fishy with imba looks ;D
    Nat assa -> dual claw MA, with ps/cold (aka immobilizer)
    Aldur druid -> fire elementalist id say :), been meaning to make one myself just never got around to actually doing it :<
    Mavina zon -> Frostmaiden/strafer no questions.

4. prion

prion Diabloii.Net Member

i made an overlord with trangs

5. Mursilis

Mursilis Diabloii.Net Member

Not exactly, although I do have a few builds in mind that utilize full sets. I severely doubt I'll ever find all of the pieces to the Griswold set though, as it is ideal for an Avenger. Still all I need is the Trang belt and IK armor to have 5 of the 7 completed. Anyway, my suggestions would be:

IK - Definitely use WW here as the main attack. I had one a while back that I never quite finished but he was a whirl to play.
    M'avina - Frost Maiden all the way. This set gives a cold bonus for completing the set (20%). This is one I have planned as well.
    Aldur - Personally I made a Wind Druid from this set and it worked quite well. You have to stay away from melee builds since the weapon is rather pitiful by Hell standards.
    Nat - Phoenix striker definitely, with maybe a Bartuc's on the other hand for added +skills or a Jade Talon if you are low with resistances. Another one I have planned.
    Tal Rasha - Any dual elemental build will be find. Meteor and Blizzballer are the first two to come to mind.

Trang's set is the only one I don't have an idea for as I've only played Fishymancers with my Necros. The set isn't quite built for that but it has a problem that when turned into a vampire your cast rate is reduced. So spamming poison nova isn't quite the best option either. Sorry, Necromancers aren't really my thing so I can't suggest a particular build here.

6. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg Diabloii.Net Member

Argh, you made me wanna build a Mav Frostmaiden/Strafer now. I shouldn't be reading such threads...

7. Silverblade

Silverblade Diabloii.Net Member

Lvl 90 Frost-zealot with Griz set: I am now working on taking him to ubers.
    I socketed the weap with 4 bers + Gore = 95% CB
    FHR=86
    Max: resist
    dmg: 4.5k
    holyfreeze dmg: can't remember - will check tonight

He is been doing great so far.

8. Mursilis

Gotta love Bnet :rolleyes:

If you're on a budget cold facets would work well instead of HRs.

9. Silverblade

Silverblade Diabloii.Net Member

"Gotta love Bnet" = meaning?

He needs CB more than cold since he already got Holy Freeze. Taken the Bers away, will leave him with only 15%CB from the boots, and I don't think this will be enough to face against those ubers that got over 1/2 life. I had few cold facets on the sockets, but thinking of taken them off and replace with ED ones. I am afraid he is not doing enough damage to leech life back fast enough. But anyhow, this is a fun build, something different, specially when you come up with your own build "Pally with his own Griz set goes all the way to uber...wow"

You owned a frost zealot before? How many cold facets did you used? and how did he do with ubers?

10. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg Diabloii.Net Member

He means that in SP getting 4 Ber's is an almost impossible achievement, while on BNet they are everywhere.

11. Mursilis

Very true, if plan on running the Ubers then the Bers were the way to go. But for regular PvM then cold facets would be more useful.

Personally my Frost Zealot had neither so was somewhat slow but still effective. However he never dared try the Ubers.

ProfessionalBerg hit the meaning in one. :grin:

12. Vesticle

Vesticle Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the help guys. I actually do play on USEast, Softcore, LoD, Ladder, so I didn't initially to think to look in Single Player because I know some of the items and strategy is different. But the things you said and the guides I looked at were completely relevant to my purposes.