Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Building up resistances

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Helios1971, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Helios1971

Helios1971 IncGamers Member

Building up resistances

I used to play a fair amount pre-1.10, but I've never really been great at amassing stuff. Thing is, though, I'm not really looking to get loads of "Thundering Sword of Buttkicking" or anything like that. I have a Paladin and an Assassin and just want to build up their resistances as much as possible, and maybe find something with good mana leech (at least for my paladin anyway). What's the best way to do this? Just cram a bunch of diamonds in a shield? This is unfortunately really time consuming and I think the max resistances you can get with that kind of approach is...75%? My magic find is puny, like about 15% or something, so what's the best approach...just gamble for items? Keep cubing gems? Any help would be appreciated!

2. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Several ways to gain resistances (which U can get over 75%, depending on gear)

1. Complete Anya quest
    2. Res gear
    3. Collect Res charms.

Over time U will find a few of these items, no matter the mf U have

GL

3. cronoe3

cronoe3 IncGamers Member

actually, i have the same kind of question, i have a pvp necro with a wiz spike and some res charms, i will soon complete all three anya quests, but i just wanted to know, what is the max amount of res u can see, like the most i have ever seen on any of my chars is 80, is there a way to make that go higher?

4. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

To get resistance higher than 75% you need some item that has a modifier +X% to maximum fire/cold/lightning/poison resist. Even with these 95% is the maximum you can reach.

5. incognitojawa

incognitojawa IncGamers Member

Pallies now get passive +1 max resistance per skill point in the basic resistance auras. You may want to keep that in mind. Watch for Pally shields, they can come with res mods on them. If your really in a pinch make ancients pledge that gets good res and def.

6. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

One good example of this is the unique Templar Coat "Guardian Angel" which adds +15% to the maximum for each resist.

as far as building your resists here are some ways or gear that are easy to obtain or do.

1. Anya quest for 10% in each difficulty level
    2. for paladin as you mentioned - socketed paly shield with inherant resists (drops all the time) can have 4 sockets with perfect diamonds in it. Maximum in this type of shield would be close to 150% all res (though more realistically about 100-120 %)
    3. ral/ort/tal/thul runes in armor/helms/shields for large amounts of a specific resist
    4. unique items with the res all mods (vipermagi armor, mosers shield.... many others)
    5. charms with resists
    6. Jewelry is a nice place to get resists.

peruse the items pages to see which items with resists you would like. Anything in the exceptional class is generally easy to come by.

Cheers
    SPAK

7. Helios1971

Helios1971 IncGamers Member

Thanks guys! I'll make sure to check that out