Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Building that Effective PvP Zealot. What happened? Where did they All Go?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by LovelyGods, Jan 30, 2004.

1. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

Building that Effective PvP Zealot. What happened? Where did they All Go?

Has anyone , who of course does pvp, noticed something.

WHERE DID ALL THE GODLY ZEALOTS GO?

It seems that since the birth of 1.10 all of the zealots have dissappeared.

I'm sure with the new synergies and so on that there must be some good, if not great pvp zealots.

What happened to the zealots using Flaming Sc of Vita? Hibernal Sc of Vita? Shocking Sc of Vita.

All are lost.

I, my self, would love to build a Ds/ Ow zealot again. But i do not have the resources to fund two pala at same time.

Please Share Your experience with Dueling , Making zealots. I'm itching to hear a good zealot story.

O and BtW, i've yet to duel, in pub or temple, a good zealot. (k the joke starts here, i know, "good Zealot" tehehh) but really,

How does this sound for skills

20 Zeal
    20 Fant
    20 Sac
    20 Blessed Aim
    1 Charge
    10 Holyshield

Rest for Charge.

This would give the zealot that o so godly ar in which they need to hit people with 10k def. and Very good damage. With the right gear..

Whats ur exp with dueling , making zealots?

2. Halbreed7250

Halbreed7250 IncGamers Member

my zealot had 1187 life, 24,538 AR, 9,000 defense, and 1200-3200 damage. What i found to be a huge problem was my lack of defense (even with my 50% DR), people with a very low (IMHO) AR of 10k were kicking my azz, where My 24k AR was hardly hitting their 22k def. Alot of zealots that i've seen, though i am not sure if they are the 'good' ones you are talking about wear the stone runeword(around 2k defense), and as I have seen, go less on the DR. I don't know how effective this is, but once i finish 'the-sodomizer' I'll fund an experimental zealot that is pro defense/AR and less reliant on the DR. I would love to make one with you if you would like....should be fun! msg me at *talofa_samoa

edit: also, don't flame me about my damage, I didn't find that to be a problem at all, I would defiantly disagree with anyone that said higher dmg and less AR is important. The only reason for my low dmg was the lack of funds that required me to use a less than awesome bstar, albeit bstar is still pro IMO kekeke :) :) :)

3. this_barb

this_barb IncGamers Member

i suggest you aim for around 15k+ defense and get around 1800+ life before BO (if you can afford cta).

4. Trance757

Trance757 IncGamers Member

I have two friends that are "auradin" zealots. They use Chains of Honor, Crown of Ages, Doom zerker axe, Exile Vortex shield, Angelic ammy + two Angelic rings, Eth sandstorm trek boots, magnus skin gloves, Verdungo's and Call to Arms on switch, as well as silence zerker's in the stash when they really need resists vs. conviction and Upgraded Um'd shaftstops.

They have about 2.7K life after BO, 20K AR, 34K defense, 40%+ phys damage reduce 75% Block about 100 res after the Hell Resist penalty. They also have BO, BC, Shout, Defiance, Fanaticism, and Holy Freeze aura's all on at once.

Their skills are:

20 Zeal
    20 Fanaticism
    20 Holy Shield
    20 Defiance
    rest in Sacrifice synergy.

Their base stats are:

120 str
    150 dex
    the rest in Vita, pumped sky high.
    base nrg

They use max Zeal, lvl1 Charge +skills and lvl1 Smite +skills as their tools to kill. They are untouchable, except of course by hammerdins and bone necros since no one can resist magic damage and both classes do too much of it in PVP.

5. ch33s3 m4st3r

ch33s3 m4st3r IncGamers Member

they went the way of leech in pvp and the eth bug

6. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

uhh my death cleaver'adin was pretty good 95% deadly strike helps a lot, uhh all there is to say. I prefer defense over max dr because if you dont get hit, what u need dr for? I mean 75% block and 20k def should cover it.

7. One_Line_Drawing

One_Line_Drawing Banned

I've seen a BM zealot in palapk games with over 30K AR, Eth Exile Vortex, Eth Templar's Might, Doom Zerker, etc.
    High Def.
    High AR
    Fun stuff

8. fonis toastes

fonis toastes Banned

With the way some of you are responding its like the poster's asking where all the ***-*** bugged valor / 4 sock valor / 4 sock monarch / bugged gaze / bugged LS / Soulflay / bugged war trav / bugged string / havoc / kings / jagged pala's went.

I personally hope that we don't have to rely on bm stuff like multi-aura'ing and heavily duped items once again to duel... as the palas described were.

9. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl IncGamers Member

I made a pure zealot as an attempt to beat my smiter friend. I use Holy Freeze as my main aura. His equip (on ladder) looks like this:

"Lo" Azurewrath or "Beast" Berserker Axe
    Vampire Gaze
    Upgraded Shaftstop
    Upgraded Herald of Zakarum
    Two Raven Frosts
    Highlord's Wrath
    IK Gloves, Belt, Boots (or vedungo's, nosferatu, gore riders, magnus', bloodfist)

Various life, ar, fhr, resist charms.

Even with HF activated and with Beast (about 1300-3000 zeal), I do not even come close to beating my friend. I do, however, easily whoop other pure zealots with my lvl6 smite. For pure zeal vs zeal, I can usually win unless the opponent has BO, dracul's, or exile. I don't like to rely on poison or open wounds during a pvp, and try not to equip any items with either mods.

10. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

ok im starting to get a good idea on how to make this zealot now..

i may write a second guide on a "effective pvp zealot in 1.10"

But i need to first build my zealot and experiment with it..

so far i think this is decent..

20 Zeal
    20 Fant
    10 Sac(subject to change)
    10 Defiance ( subject to change)
    20 Ba
    20 Holyshield
    1 Charge

This would give a very decent ar / mixed with damage / high defense.

But .. other idea... after u gather all of ur gear, i mean charms too... everything.. EVERYTHING... pop enough pts in vita for 1.8-2k life and the rest for Dex.. this would make blocking easy and increase the ar.

So , 30 str Base
    xxx base dex
    xxx base vit ( 2000 life)
    zero into energy.

this would be effective. Also, a nice weapon that i havnent been able to get ahold of is Etherel Razor's Edge Tomahawk 220+ed Zod this would be pro if u can find it. At least i think so...

11. PuSs Says Go Time

PuSs Says Go Time IncGamers Member

<~~this .9 pally went to the market and came home a barbarian variant :mad:

I R teh Chumpion

12. Trance757

Trance757 IncGamers Member

Blessed Aim is terrible, imo. Get Angelic set, and use fanaticism for max frame attack and more damage...

And in pvp, I suggest 20 Holy Shield and 20 Defiance. Having 30K + defense and 75% block makes you pretty untouchable in melee duels.

13. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

my zealot holds his own in duels... and does not use fanat aura

he uses holy fire aura... and his setup looks like this

max holy fire
    max fire resist *synergy
    max salvation
    max zeal
    1 point holy shield
    rest into sacrifice *synergy

equip looks like this

hand of justice in phase blade: -20 enemy fire resist and 300 + ED and deadly strike

dragon scale shield: +15% fire dmg; then to be lame smite + hydra = stun lock (hey but at least i use the hydra for soemthing usefull right? )

sigon boot/glove : need the 30 IAS... no way around it... hand of justice in phase + 30 IAS from boot/glove + 15 IAS jewel =4 frames.. ik boot/gloves falls short by 3 IAS to get next frame rate and i need the other 2 socket items for UM rune and 5/5/ fire facet

verdungo belt
    shaft armor : only 45% DR but it seems to work

Kiara guardian: resist all, cannot be frozen, FHR

2 bk rings : dont care bout leech but i care about +1 and +life

he does about 2.2 k dmg... but the kicker is that many players use the andy visage mask with negative fire resists keke.... i still need many charms...and such.. but he has a lot of potential.

14. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

You would pump BA for the passive +AR bonus, whilst still using Fanat as your main attacking aura of course.

15. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

so does fire dmg still stun?

16. Bash_

Bash_ IncGamers Member

the elimination of leech and blocklock ruined all melee, except maybe bvb

17. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

but there are certain things...

like fire damage from fire claws on bear druids are belived to be unblockable - some actually think that it has something to do with "fire splash" damage.

so maybe holy fire paladins may have some sort of an edge here when made as a sort of hybrid zeal/fire pally?

18. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

Anyone Know what the total Defense for Max Defiance + Max Holyshield is?
    With SS or Zak.

Also. Does Offensive Aura Gc make the synergie for Blessed aim higher?

19. BladeRogerz

BladeRogerz IncGamers Member

I think zealots are still great for 1.10 Theyre fun to play. My pally has basically 3 diff set ups that I have to change alot though in pub duels...Hoz/Exile switch, Angelic/Highlords switch..wisp rings/ravens switch (vs. FoH) tgods/string...
    1 point smite is good enough I think, 1 point charge for fast attacks on spell casters usually works, Max Hs/zeal/sac/fanat/ rest up to you...defiance or BA I guess ..or be different and cut back on points in defiance (use exile) and use shock or Foh ..something different.
    I Have 22k def, anywhere between 10k - 20k ar depending and 1300life. Zealots maybe arent the perfect pvp character I guess but I still think the most fun. I do pretty well against all...even hammer punks I can get with a little patience. Main prob..poison BP tele necs ...dear lord... you may wanna keep a enigma handy for fast exit of bone prisons if you can get one.
    Also best weapon I still believe is an Ethereal Bstar. 200%ar bonus on top of angelic combo is nice. But youll need to get another 35ias? for best fpa(hlords/1 15ias jewel maybe)

20. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Either this is one of the most innovative builds i've ever seen, or i've not seen anything.