Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

building BvB guy

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Henker D, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Henker D

Henker D IncGamers Member

building BvB guy

I decided to make barb to kill every melee char in this game (BvAs, BvCs, zerkers, wolfbarbs, zealots, smiters, chargers, druid shifters, WW-sins and others). And i have some questions about this build.
    These questions:
    1.) Equip: arreat or guillaumes's face? Guilly gives more damage after DS and also it have nice CB, but arreats - much more def, AR, some LL, nice stats
    2.) Equip: rends or draculs? very nice damage and defence + some CB vs LL and 25%OW
    3.) Are all etheral items have lower stat requiments? For example, eth storm will need 156 str or 125 (-20%)?
    4.) How work life lich in PvP?
    5.) WW is uninterruptible attack, so do i need high FBR and FHR breakpoints? FHR i can up with charms, but for faster blocking i need shael in storm, but 40ED/ 9 str jewel looks much nicer in that slot. So how much FBR and FHR breakpoints i need?
    6.) Increase Speed - just ignore this skill for slowly moving when WW?
    7.) Do i need Battle cry for cutting opponents defense and damage?
    8.) What do u think about using Gavel Of Pain on swap or may be necro wand with Life tap? Or may be just use draculs and first hit opponents with concenration for casting spell but chance of casting is only 5%... I dont asking about bad manner is it or not - just effectiveness of using curses in duel.
    9.) What is duraction of curses and battle cry in hell 1/4 of basic?
    10.) And main question about str - How much points in it i need? What base str will be perfect for BvB? May be just for items for maximum life? How much str have u on your BvB?
    Please answer just people, who have BvB chars in practic melee duels.
    Thx you.

2. Borje

Borje Banned

Re: building BvB guy

First off I am not skilled in PvP barbs in generall and have zero experience off BvB. However, since some off your questions are non-BvB related, here goes some tries to answer your questions:

1) You won't be using CoA? wouldn't that give you more DR%? Since you didn't list your whole gear it's hard to tell how high your DR% is atm but you mentioned Stormshield so I guess you'll have that. And a Verdungos? I dunno really about the helmet..
    2) If I'm not completly off the OW will be what makes you win these long battles so draculs would be the better choise, I think..
    3) Yes, all items get -10 (no, not percentage, simply -10) to their requirement. However, Stormshield has the mod Indestructible and can therefore not spawn as ethereal.
    4) so bad it's nothing you will ever have use of - from what I have understood.
    5) yes, you will still need to care for FHR, and I suppose FBR too, but I don't know what bps a BvB should be aiming for..
    8&9) well, I think you will be lauged at for using cursecharges on switch but it will be effective, all right! Are curses cut in hell? I mean, most chars just GETS cursed so there is little point in helping us out by removing IM faster in hell, is there?
    10) I thought BvBs where semi-Titans, meaning that they invest a lot in str to boost the dmg but that might be old. I thought you where to be aiming for around 100 or so in vit, max block and rest in str to boost your dmg. You know, every str point is equal to +1% off weapon ED.

The answer to number 10 kinda is the reason for me thinking dracs > rends. Because you will be having quite massive +XXX% ED allready stacking that extra >60% from rends will not make much of a difference. For the same reason I think socketing your shield with something like a +30 max jewel will benefit you more - instead of adding another 40% ED on top of that ED gained from Fort, Skills and auras (like fanat from beast) you add +30 dmg that gets multiplied by all those bonuses instead. I guess calculations have been done to tell what will be most beneficial and hopefully someone can give you an answer =)

hope you didn't get too pissed by a noob answering despite you asked me not to (realized you had written that when I had allready started writing, and once I start I never stop ;))

3. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

4. Henker Den

Henker Den IncGamers Member

mephiztophelez
    I saw that guide. I asked 10 questions, there are only 3 answers, about items and stats. But it is old quide, now crushing is redused by damage reduce, so i think arreat > gully. Also there is nothing about break points and lich, about battle cry and curses. Why so much str, if lich doesnt work? Also if your life will lower OW will really hurt you. There so many guides for BvCs and only this poor one for BvB.
    I cant understand nobody on barbarian forum plays BvB?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  5. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

> 1.) Equip: arreat or guillaumes's face? Guilly gives more damage after
    > DS and also it have nice CB, but arreats - much more def, AR, some
    > LL, nice stats

Most use eth arreat with zod or a plain one with an ed/dex jewel. Gui is nice too, but for bvb arreat is more common.

> 2.) Equip: rends or draculs? very nice damage and defence + some CB
    > vs LL and 25%OW

Draculs for the open wounds is usually preferred (make sure you level to 90 at least to get the most out of open wounds). If you want to go for pure damage.. I guess rends is better.

> 3.) Are all etheral items have lower stat requiments? For example, eth
    > storm will need 156 str or 125 (-20%)?

Ethereal items have -10 points to str/dex. It's NOT a percentage.

> 4.) How work life lich in PvP?

Forget life leech. It's close to irrelevant these days. Certainly not important enough to ditch better gear for it.

> 5.) WW is uninterruptible attack, so do i need high FBR and FHR
    > breakpoints? FHR i can up with charms, but for faster blocking i need
    > shael in storm, but 40ED/ 9 str jewel looks much nicer in that slot. So
    > how much FBR and FHR breakpoints i need?

Strom's fast block is enough. Stick ed/dex jewel in it. As for FHR, arreat's 30% should be enough.

> 6.) Increase Speed - just ignore this skill for slowly moving when WW?

Unless you have a super connection that allows you to dodge opponent's whirls and start yours when his stop, there's no need for extra moving speed. It's a matter of style, though. I like.

> 7.) Do i need Battle cry for cutting opponents defense and damage?

No. It doesn't cut from total defense, so it's useless.

> 8.) What do u think about using Gavel Of Pain on swap or may be
    > necro wand with Life tap? Or may be just use draculs and first hit
    > opponents with concenration for casting spell but chance of casting is > only 5%... I dont asking about bad manner is it or not - just
    > effectiveness of using curses in duel.

Forget that. It's too cumbersome and some might complain. Just use BO sticks on switch.

> 9.) What is duraction of curses and battle cry in hell 1/4 of basic?

No. Normal duration.

> 10.) And main question about str - How much points in it i need? What
    > base str will be perfect for BvB? May be just for items for maximum
    > life? How much str have u on your BvB?

Most people recommend as little str as possible. Enough str for equip, enough dex for 75% block, rest vita. And I don't have a BVB.

> Please answer just people, who have BvB chars in practic melee duels.
    > Thx you.

I have BVB experience from D2 classic 1.06. If you don't like that, sue me.. lol.

6. Henker Den

Henker Den IncGamers Member

Ok, thx you.