Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Building an IG question

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by baalos, Mar 11, 2004.

1. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Building an IG question

A few weeks ago I made a thread about making Iron Golums. I asked if hellslayer would be a good choice and the advise I was given was it was better to make an eth honor partizan. Well I just found a gimmerhred flying axe and i look at the damage and speed and I am tempted to make IG out of that instead. Should I, or should I offer this little flying axe on the MP for honor runes, and stick with the original plan?

2. Pintail-Hunter

Pintail-Hunter IncGamers Member

Crushing Blow is a nice attribute to make Golems out of. IK Maul makes a good Golem - dont forget to socket it before making the golem.

3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I wonder if you can even make an IG out of that. You can't make one out of a spear, for instance, I don't believe. Have you tried making an IG out of a plain or magic flying axe to see if it will even work?

4. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Maybe I should try it with a normal flying axe first. But assuming I could, should I or stick to the honor plan?

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Hmm... I believe the eth Honor Partizan was for your Merc, and something like a Cruel T-Maul or a Cruel War Pike was to comprise the Golem. I could be wrong though. I don't think those are too incredibly hard to shop off Larzuk or trade for.

Are we still talking about your pk Telecro? If so, Gimmershred would not work too well IMO. You need big 2-hand damage... Amp isn't gonna boost all the elemental damage on those Flying Axes.

6. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Phat, yes we are talking about my tele pk necro. *gets excited* I have a cruel war pike on one of my other mercs, or I can go shopping. Thanks!

Come to think of it, all that elemental damage probably isnt that great of an idea anyway. I have a 194% bonesnap that I think i will practice with once I hit lvl for IG.

7. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

"I have a 194% bonesnap that I think i will practice with once I hit lvl for IG."

Bonesnap being 200-300%, do you mean 294%? Or did you think it was too overpowered and reverse-hacked it? :lol:

8. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

what skuills do you use for a telecro? res skelly worriors/mast and IG/golum mast and an incredably powerfully equiped might merc?

then teleport onto someone to 1 hit kill them after amping? ^_^ hmm, maby i do still have a use for the lvl 1 teleport ammy i just ran into lol

9. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

OMG I am playing with a PK tonight!

10. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Lvl 1 teleport ammy??? I never heard of that. No I bought a tele staff that I will use. Plans are to rush him thru nm for skills/resists/life. Put as much into golum mastery and IG as possible, 4-5 to skellies, 1 in amp and maybe some to decrept and see what trouble I can get into hunting normal bloodies at lvl 29.

Stinger... Rawarrrrr!

11. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Well, Baalos if you weren't on the West server, I would solve your 'problems' by giving you the darn runes for honor (you'll have to tell me what they are). Stupid West server...hmmm...I *could* start up there.

12. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

A couple of great options for IGs are:
    Bonesnap (upgrade this at least once) - CB always a great option.
    Hone Sudan - CB and three open sockets
    Minotaur Axe - My FAVORITE! Big CB, and has 50% slow target!
    Hellslayer - Big Dmg

Most of these can be gotten cheaply

13. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Prez, I thought the hellslayer would have made a dandy IG too, but others said it was a waste. Then I thought the advise was to use an eth honor partizan but Phat said today that would be for the merc. So I'll either upgrade a bonesnap, or use a cruel war pike for the IG.

Mac there is a reason you are so cool. But the real trick just isnt the runes. Its finding the right object to put them in. Ive yet to find an eth 5-socketed partizan in 1.10 so far...

14. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I think windhammer is a good choice too.

15. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

you remember them...from way back when in 1.09...it was that little golden object we amazons/druids/paladins/necros slung about our scrawny little necks that granted us the ability to teleport at lvl 24... (well, barbs and sins didnt really nead it due to flight and leap lol)

an ammy thats clvl 24 on all classes but sorc who has clvl 18. grants x charges of lvl 1 teleport.

though your probably right for getting a teleport staff as you can then ware a much better ammy than just the teleport one :)

16. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Why not reach lvl 48 and use teleport ammy? Then, you can use a rhyme shield (get 50% block is useful and not too costly) and a wand, lots of +skills.

17. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

"an ammy thats clvl 24 on all classes but sorc who has clvl 18. grants x charges of lvl 1 teleport."

Nope. Not lvl 24, but 48, as Shadoway said. At least not on a 1.09 ammy. To baalos: He didn't speak of clvl req, but the lvl of teleport which, on charged items, has no relevance :)

18. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

because level 48 is what you go to now in 1.10 when you hunt bigger game.......I'm talking about level 60+chars

Hellslayers damage is pathetic at low levels. Golems/minions level = your char level, so run the calcs with hellslayers max damage and you'll see why.

If you can't get a weapon that is over 400 damage for your golem, go with an eth honor partizan. ~310 max with DS. DS makes up the difference between a really good weapon, and a weapon with just a high amount of damage.

19. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

20. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Thats what I thought. At first when I read lvl 1 ammy i thought he was talking about clvl.

OK Rah, I thought for sure the advise was to go with eth honor partizan. If thats not available, what about bonesnap?