Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

building a sorc

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by dimsum, Nov 19, 2006.

1. dimsum

dimsum Banned

building a sorc

i just started building a sorc.. i want to make a cold sorc, just to quest, MF, lvl and help my friends

i want frozen orb .. what skills should i max out besides

frozen orb
    frozen bolt

any help will do thx

2. Are

Are IncGamers Member

You should put some points into Cold Mastery, although not maxing it.. Enough to get level 17-ish after +skills are taken into account should be sufficient.

If you want to quest solo, you should probably make a dual-element sorc (FireBall is nice for this purpose).

3. dimsum

dimsum Banned

oh yea im playin non ladder classic.

i just want all cold sorc cuz my homie has a fire sorc.
    sucks.. i lost my accnt and my dupes =[

can ya`ll tell me how many to put in skills. thx.

4. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

i lost my accnt and my dupes =[

Probably a good thing too..

Anyways, check out the stickied thread in the sorc forum. The posted guides should give you more than enough information.

5. dimsum

dimsum Banned

^ thanks

yea i think if i still played using maphack.. i wouldve gotten banned and lost my stuff anyways.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If you want to use FO, better make a dual element sorc, i.e. FO+fireball+meteor or FO+chain lightning+lightning. BTW, investing into the FO synergy isn't worth it IMO, even maxing cold mastery isn't. A dual element sorc also is far more versatile and you need versatility for a multi-purpose sorc.

As your friend has a fire sorc, the obvious choice would be cold+lightning.

7. dimsum

dimsum Banned

thx.. ^ ill do that

but how much should i put into

Fireball and its synergies?

and what about frozen/ shiver armor for defense?

8. krischan

Apart from the usual one point investments like teleport, warmth, frozen armor, static field and perhaps energy shield:

FO/CL sorc - Max FO, max lightning mastery, max lightning, max chain lightning, 1 in cold mastery. When you are done with that, you have to decide for either another CL synergy or for cold mastery or some mix. Use lightning skillers.

Meteorb sorc - Max FO, max fire mastery, max fireball, max meteor, 1 in cold mastery. When you are done with that, you have to decide for either firebolt as another fireball+meteor synergy or for cold mastery or some mix. Use fire skillers.

9. Esuna

Esuna IncGamers Member

Well now that you got about seventy skill points left to use, for only using frozen orb, put one into each armor, as you may want to use it for more offense or defense, maxing out glacial spike and blizzard is nice too, it saves a lot of time and mana. But of course, I assume you will be equipped with Soj's right?

10. krischan

I'm under the impression that dimsum isn't that wealthy, so I doubt that stuff like SoJs are available. Therefore, before investing into Sojs, better get all the rest of the equipment. SoJs are rather expensive and thus offer the lowest price-performance ratio. In addition, if the merc wears an Insight weapon, your sorc won't have mana problems, so what's left is the skill bonus.

If you decide for lightning, try to meet the 117 fcr breakpoint for lightning/chain lightning which requires you either to give up Tal's full set or to wear FCR rings instead of SoJs. For a versatile sorc I would always decide for the second. However, I prefer a meteorb sorc for MF who just has to meet the 105% FCR breakpoint for which Tal's and 35% Spirit are enough - which doesn't mean she should wear SojS, but Nagelrings for their MF bonus.

Remember, this is about an allround character for a newcomer, so sorc/fcr circlets or amulets etc. probably aren't available and Tal's set and a decent Spirit monarch might already be hard to achieve.

Sorc breakpoints: See here.

11. psych

psych IncGamers Member

Check the Classic forum, they have a lot of builds, but you can also ask around for specific questions like exact skill placement.

I don't know good builds for classic (I would say fball + forb, but don't know) but frozen orb is a good choice I think

12. dimsum

dimsum Banned

^ thank u all 4 ur input.

yea im classic non ladder. When i started playing I started with squat.. a lot of hours .. I found nice legits and became semi-godly with dupes, sojs, etc.

Since I lost it all even my lvl ** hammerdin =[ , hopefully i can get rich again .. since i started about a week ago, i found like 5 unique rings.. but no sojs. once again thx all!! and in classic, dual element sorcs are weak!

13. krischan

Hmm, OK. Forget about Tal's set, runewords and WT then :rolleyes: