Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Building a pally

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by soulesschild, Jan 29, 2004.

1. soulesschild

soulesschild IncGamers Member

Building a pally

Heyo guys, im buidling a pally for PVM and was wondering what build to use? Avenger and zealot look nice, my only two weapons i have are

Razoredge
    Gris weapon, 4 socket, 230 ED
    Barnars

so what do u guys suggest? a avenger looks real nice, socket griz weapon with elemental dmg jewls and im set :) so what do you guys think?

2. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

Imo, zealots are easier to play pvm than avengers. Avengers take longer time to kill and run into mana problems a lot (at least mine did). If you make an avenger with a higher lvl vengeance, try to have a lot of mana leech. Also, vengeance dam is based on physical dam, so it might be better to socket the caddy with ed jewels or ohm runes.

Btw, great necro guide :)

3. Any1

Any1 Banned

There are many different Zealot builds:

Frost Zealot: Zeal + Holy Freeze
    Tesladin or Shockadin: Zeal + Holy Shock
    Flaming Zealot: Zeal + Holy Fire
    Fanat Zealot: Zeal + Fanat
    Elemental Zealot: Zeal + Conviction

The point distribution in any of those builds can also be very different. Depending if you want a strong elemental vs. physical attack, or a balance of both.

Avenger, of course, use Vengeance + Conviction. Even with this build there are many ways to distribute your skill points. There are four different synergies for Vengeance:

Veng: very low; Synergies: all max
    Veng: high; Synergies: 3 main (i.e. Cold, Lightning, Fire Resists) mid-level
    Veng: medium; Synergies: 3 main max

You probably also want to consider how much blocking and defense you need via Holy Shield.

B'star is ideal for an Avenger or an Elemental Zealot. Gris Caddy is good for a Fanat Zealot but with some Lo runes (Deadly Strike >> ED%). Razor's Edge is also a nice weapon for physical damage (i.e. Deadly Strike), I'm not sure if it's an end-game weapon. An Ethereal one would be unbelievable.

There should be guides on some of these builds in Compendium and in the stickies (despite the recent debacle).

Good luck.

4. soulesschild

hrm i went avenger this is how i think im gonna lay it out

10 RF/RC/RL
    10 HS
    10 convcition
    10 vengeance

does that sound good?

5. Any1

Any1 Banned

I would definitely max Conviction ASAP. This is the one thing all Avenger builds agree on. ;-)

Hold Vengeance below or equal to slvl 5 to begin with. Pump RF/RC/RL until about 15 each. Put a point into Holy Shield every now and again to maintain 75% blocking (The only HS downfall is all the pre-reqs). Bring Vengeance up last, to make sure you have enough mana leech.

So in the end:

Veng: 10
    Conviciton: 20
    Fire res: 15
    Light Res: 15
    Cold Res: 15
    Holy Shield: 10
    Total: 85 (That's clvl 74)

The rest of the skill points can either go into CR/FR/LR for more elemental damage, or into Holy Shield for more defense and duration. So you can max the three synergies by clvl 89, or max HS by clvl 84 and then move to the synergies.

6. soulesschild

i thought conviction was capped wasnt it? sounds good though, thanks mate! :)

7. Any1

Any1 Banned

I think negative resistance is capped at -100%. Put there are plenty of monsters running around Hell diff with +50-75 resists to various elemental damage. Conviciton at slvl 20 reduces resistances by 125%. For a monster with all resistances set to zero (not likely in Hell diff) that's 25% more Convict than you need. However, most monsters will not reach the -100% (on some resistances) even with slvl 20 Conviction.

Have fun. :howdy: