Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Building a hybrid werebear/summoner, help please!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Epsilon Eyez, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat Diabloii.Net Member

I don't know much about the AR bonus from spirit wolves. 1 pt in hunger with lots of CB and you can easily pwn bosses with the right gear. Lastwish is just too slow for a shifter, even in a phase blade. The AR bonuses on the IK set works for everyone. The IK set is a great place to look for resists, life, strengh and dex as well. I really like the belt, boots and gloves.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Diabloii.Net Member

The 2 easiest solutions to AR problems are found on the act merc.

Give any merc an infinity and you'll hit everything.

Use a blessed aim merc and you'll just about everything.

3. batuchka

batuchka Diabloii.Net Member

Yossarian : I second the Blessed Aim merc! This made my newest build the bearbarian have nice AR in hell hehe Give a blessed aim merc a pride in elite polearm and fort armor and u will hit anything in hell and hit hard (and any pets too :p) merc gets to be a decent boss killer with set winged helm and everyone's happy ^^

4. Karp

Karp Banned

I seriously recommed you re-read the build I wrote up there, and substitute armageddon for fireclaws. You will have 7k+ fireclaws, 8sec+ stun from shockwave, and maxing only grizzly itself is plenty of ar/def/life on that thing.

Another option for weapons: Lacerator - put it on switch, unshift, toss a few, reshift after amp goes off. Or on the cheap, put an eth rune into a witchwild string bow.

5. OmegaHatred

OmegaHatred Diabloii.Net Member

re:

Well, I'm not really a big fan of Fire Claws. Now granted I never really gave them the chance, but from what I've heard and from when I used them, I honestly wasn't that impressed.

I think only having the Grizzly, Vine, Ravens and Merc, I kind of feel like I'm limiting myself for when the large groups of baddies that come to get me :shocked:. So my thinking is that the more meat shields there are, better I'll be.

Now for more questions -
    1) Beast good or no?
    2) 4 Summon Gc's and 4 Shaper Gc's?

6. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia Diabloii.Net Member

Grizzly or Dire Wolves do fine without the bonus from points in Spirit Wolves. Plus, there are many places a Druid can put his skill points: synergies for other skills, OS or HoW, poison creeper ... All of those are better choices than Spirit Wolves.