Building a hardcore LAN team

Racoontje

Diabloii.Net Member
Building a hardcore LAN team

The idea is somewhat similar to KTA, GAT, et cetera. We have a party of four or five (more likely to be four) and we start untwinked at Clvl 1 and hopefully play all the way to hell.

I was wondering which builds would be acceptable for our team. We probably want a Sorceress (for SF and teleport, so we can run bosses/quest bosses regularly for gear and runes), a tanking barbarian might be handy (BO + nearly indestructable hopefully), and a third damage dealer. Any ideas? I was thinking of a paladin, a lightning-based amazon (since bowazons barely seem to deal damage anyway), or a bone spear/bone spirit necromancer (since they have curses which are beneficial for the other party members too.

EDIT: Maybe it would be preferable to play on Ladder anyway. Cool runewords like Insight are yummy!

Valar-Wrath

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd definately take a sorc and baba. In this situation, I'd prefer a blizz sorc for their nice damage. Any barb will do as long as they have bo/shout/battle command etc. The third character I'd take would probably be a skellimancer. The safety they bring to the group is unmatched. They can also have curses and CE(godly). Fourthly, I'd bring a LF zon for a second kind of elemental damage, also high damage. And if you decide to get a fifth character I'd take either a hammerdin for their extremely high, pure magical damage or a fireball sorc, just to have a third element. I'd lean towards a hammerdin though.

GodObelisk

Diabloii.Net Member
Valar-Wrath said:
I'd definately take a sorc and baba. In this situation, I'd prefer a blizz sorc for their nice damage. Any barb will do as long as they have bo/shout/battle command etc. The third character I'd take would probably be a skellimancer. The safety they bring to the group is unmatched. They can also have curses and CE(godly). Fourthly, I'd bring a LF zon for a second kind of elemental damage, also high damage. And if you decide to get a fifth character I'd take either a hammerdin for their extremely high, pure magical damage or a fireball sorc, just to have a third element. I'd lean towards a hammerdin though.
A hammerdin might make the other members of the team feel redundent. As hammerdin can solo any where in the game.
Go for convc pala instead, with curse + convc... hardy any prob throughout the game.

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
I would get a hammerdin before you get a light zon, the conc aura is a great addition in any party. Even if you only have one melee char (baba), all the mercs will benefit from it too. Plus, a hammerdin is unresistable.

HoD

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
There is mod which allows bnet only -runewords in sp. In sp you can also adjust the number of players with /players x command.

Racoontje

Diabloii.Net Member
Zavior said:
There is mod which allows bnet only -runewords in sp. In sp you can also adjust the number of players with /players x command.
Got a name?

BTW- Can a hammerdin own without uber gear as well?

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
Rac, check the singleplayerforum, its there. If its not, ask for it. I'd suggest checking stickied threads first though.

Raith

Diabloii.Net Member
barb is a tank as well as a support character.
necro with LR is good with sorks too. ;p

Racoontje

Diabloii.Net Member
So, a nice team would be...

1) A concentrate barbarian whose main job it is to stand in front, take and give hits, and double our hitpoints.
2) An energy shield/telekinesis sorceress with SF and FO as attack spells, plus the incredible benefit of teleport.
3) A bone necro that has one point in every curse to see what helps his team best (since we only play private we don't need to worry about people thinking it's a TPPK whore)
4) A lightning amazon, always loved them (plus they make great Shenk/Eldrich/Pindle/Baal runners :))

I think it's pretty balanced that way (perhaps LI bosses will be a bit more difficult than other immunes, since that would make the amazon pretty much useless plus we won't have the benefit of static field... Any ideas?)